Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,617,576 times

Advertisements

To the OP, I'll give my service details.
Entered Navy bootcamp 1990 in Orlando, Florida. Attended Navy Nuclear Power school after bootcamp. Dropped out and went to the USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 while in Bahrain undergoing repairs from a major steam leak that killed 10 engineers, I was one of their replacements. Served in Desert Storm and Bosnia. Ship decommissioned in 1993. Went to USS LaSalle AGF-3 in the Portsmouth, VA shipyards. Arrived in Gaeta, Italy in 1994 for the ship to become the Sixth Fleet Flag Ship. Stayed there for two years. Went to shore duty in Ingleside, Texas. Was forced out because shoulder injury prevented me from passing the fitness test. Left the Navy as a Machinist Mate Second Class Petty Officer (E-5). I worked in the engine room of the ship and operated steam turbine engines, generators, as well as flash type distilling plants. Highly trained in basic and advance firefighting, a requirement for working in the engine room.

Now how did you serve, if you ever served at all?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:37 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,617,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I just wonder how many french skirts willard chased when he was in france?
Didn't they have marijuana in france back then too? I wonder if willard blew any weed?
I think I feel another thread coming on, raising some of these important questions about a lying candidate (willard)
Did you say similiar things about Bill Clinton who fled to England and sent his ROTC commander a letter telling him he "loathed the military" in order to avoid serving in the military?

Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,099,547 times
NoJiveMan- just buying some clothes from an Army Surplus store, doesn't count as having served in the military.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:40 PM

25,845 posts, read 20,783,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Let's wait and see if Obama's kids serve. Biden's didn't.
So many ignorant people in this world.

Beau Biden's deployment to Iraq - First Read

Old 10-09-2012, 04:46 PM

25,845 posts, read 20,783,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
My EOD friends enlisted because they wanted to, and I quote "Blow **** up"

But they are the exception, not the rule.

Most kids enlist because they have no job and their parents are forcing them out, or because they are after a college education. I'd say somewhere around 70% when I was in, where there for college.
My son actually went to an engineering battalion - go sappers - where, as you know, they learned to blow lots of s**t up.
He liked that, and driving the giant dump-trucks, a lot.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,292,782 times
Quote:
You have to understand, and I believe Rachael Maddow brought this to light a few years ago, when a righty thinks they're right (PC) and they feel nobody on the left is listening to them, they yell, or turn up the volume/rhetoric. Kinda like the 5 year old trying to get a word in edgewise in a room full of adults discussing something other than a tonka truck or a cabbage patch doll.
Rachel Maddow, discussing children talking in a room full of adults..

The irony..

Old 10-09-2012, 04:58 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,266,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
To the OP, I'll give my service details.
Entered Navy bootcamp 1990 in Orlando, Florida. Attended Navy Nuclear Power school after bootcamp. Dropped out and went to the USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 while in Bahrain undergoing repairs from a major steam leak that killed 10 engineers, I was one of their replacements. Served in Desert Storm and Bosnia. Ship decommissioned in 1993. Went to USS LaSalle AGF-3 in the Portsmouth, VA shipyards. Arrived in Gaeta, Italy in 1994 for the ship to become the Sixth Fleet Flag Ship. Stayed there for two years. Went to shore duty in Ingleside, Texas. Was forced out because shoulder injury prevented me from passing the fitness test. Left the Navy as a Machinist Mate Second Class Petty Officer (E-5). I worked in the engine room of the ship and operated steam turbine engines, generators, as well as flash type distilling plants. Highly trained in basic and advance firefighting, a requirement for working in the engine room.

Now how did you serve, if you ever served at all?
I don't care.
But, from one vet to another, thank you for your extensive service.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
NoJiveMan- just buying some clothes from an Army Surplus store, doesn't count as having served in the military.
Is that how you do it?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Did you say similiar things about Bill Clinton who fled to England and sent his ROTC commander a letter telling him he "loathed the military" in order to avoid serving in the military?
No. I did vote for bill though. He served his 2 terms well. Loathing in the military is alot different than dodging the draft, and avoiding military service because you're a person born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

I can't understand why you righties are defending willard. I also don't understand why none of his 5 boys haven't volunteered for service either. It's almost as if they all know how the system works, and hide behind religion to keep from being in the military. Yet, at the same time, willard is telling everyone what he'll do if elected, and why do we need another war with 2 more countries? or, is he just talking out of his arse to gain media attention?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM

46,427 posts, read 27,286,636 times
Quote:
No. I did vote for bill though. He served his 2 terms well. Loathing in the military is alot different than dodging the draft, and avoiding military service because you're a person born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

I can't understand why you righties are defending willard. I also don't understand why none of his 5 boys haven't volunteered for service either. It's almost as if they all know how the system works, and hide behind religion to keep from being in the military. Yet, at the same time, willard is telling everyone what he'll do if elected, and why do we need another war with 2 more countries? or, is he just talking out of his arse to gain media attention?
Wow...what a response....It is obvious you do not understand what a volunteer is....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections