Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 02:10 PM

32,119 posts, read 34,767,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When Barack Obama changes positions, it's called "evolving." When Mitt Romney changes positions, it's called "flip flopping."

This is why you and your liberal colleagues have ZERO CREDIBILITY. The sad part is that you don't even recognize it.
Hmm hmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 02:12 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Quote:
When Barack Obama changes positions, it's called "evolving." When Mitt Romney changes positions, it's called "flip flopping."

This is why you and your liberal colleagues have ZERO CREDIBILITY. The sad part is that you don't even recognize it.
flip flopping is change positions back and forth. Yes Obama has changed positions such as with gay marriage but he didn't flop back based on the political winds. On Abortion alone Romney has changed his position several times.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
flip flopping is change positions back and forth. Yes Obama has changed positions such as with gay marriage but he didn't flop back based on the political winds. On Abortion alone Romney has changed his position several times.
Once again you need to do your research. Indeed, Barack Obama has changed positions on gay marriage multiple times throughout his career. And your claim that he doesn't "flop back based on the political winds" is the funniest thing i've read all day. This President is the KING of tailoring his position based on the political filter inside of his head. NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING.....comes from his mouth without some sort of political consideration attached.

I'd be curious to know how old you are? Rhetorical question....don't answer....but you seem to be devoid of much experience in the political analysis arena.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:18 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,235,254 times
Quote:
Once again you need to do your research. Indeed, Barack Obama has changed positions on gay marriage multiple times throughout his career. And your claim that he doesn't "flop back based on the political winds" is the funniest thing i've read all day. This President is the KING of tailoring his position based on the political filter inside of his head. NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING.....comes from his mouth without some sort of political consideration attached.

I'd be curious to know how old you are? Rhetorical question....don't answer....but you seem to be devoid of much experience in the political analysis arena.
Romney says one thing one day, 24 hours later he flips and another 24 hours has flips back.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:20 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,533,106 times
This is totally spot in, the Article, as to why, I've lost a lot of respect for Romney. If he wins (yuk) and moves back towards the center, like a Snowe, or the way he more or less was in MA, than I can sleep a little easier at night. The pick of Paul Ryan though, tells me, that is very unlikely.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:23 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,500,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Interesting article. Quite surprising that the Tribune is not endorsing Romney.

Too many Mitts | The Salt Lake Tribune
Yes, that the principal newspaper in the stronghold of the LDS would endorse the President for re-election ... should cause many people who say they're undecided to straighten their backs and take note.

FDR: WARNING ABOUT TODAY'S REPUBLICANS - YouTube

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
This is totally spot in, the Article, as to why, I've lost a lot of respect for Romney. If he wins (yuk) and moves back towards the center, like a Snowe, or the way he more or less was in MA, than I can sleep a little easier at night. The pick of Paul Ryan though, tells me, that is very unlikely.
Is there any indication at all that Mitt Romney will govern in a hardcore conservative way? NO! All this blather about him taking America back to 1950 is just mindless tripe put out by leftist media to scare people such as yourself into a frenzy. There is nothing to back up these assertions AT ALL.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:27 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Actually, what this proves is that Mormons are not monlithic in their views and approach to the world. If they were a monolitihic cult group thinking, acting, like progs like to shriek, then, of course they would have automatically endorsed Romney. Same could be said for the mindless drivel about Evangelicals not supporting Governor Romney, because he is not a C h r i s t i a n. Or that all conservatives are of a lesser gene pool. All any of those prove is that progressives are the monolithic, group thinkers, without an innate ability of discernment. That, or the progs who post here are just a bunch of sniveling trolls, without principle.

Now, find one, just one, African-American media outlet (web, broadcast, or print) that endorses Governor Romney, or even advocates that Blacks just not vote.

2,548 posts, read 2,165,482 times
Quote:
Is there any indication at all that Mitt Romney will govern in a hardcore conservative way? NO! All this blather about him taking America back to 1950 is just mindless tripe put out by leftist media to scare people such as yourself into a frenzy. There is nothing to back up these assertions AT ALL.
Romney has taken all sides of issues, right, left, center, so it's hard to predict how he will govern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Yes, that the principal newspaper in the stronghold of the LDS would endorse the President for re-election ... should cause many people who say they're undecided to straighten their backs and take note.

FDR: WARNING ABOUT TODAY'S REPUBLICANS - YouTube
I guess you don't realize that America is an Apathetic Playground. 99% of America could give one damn about who the Salt Lake Tribune endorses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections