Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:40 AM

37,181 posts, read 19,179,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cept that he maintains residences in Mass, Utah and NH, in addition to Ca. His tax returns show Mass. is his principal residence.
At one point he showed his primary residence as California, and rumor has it he voted in Massachusetts.
Rhat qould be easily provable voting fraud.

I wonder what his driver's license says? He'll have to show it to vote. It could be that the voter ID law is getting ready to backfire on the republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 05:46 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Allred did not start this rumor, I don't think. Drudge did. All she said is she has nothing to say. The campaign so far has been pretty free of sleazy accusations and revelations, probably a testament to the character of both men.

When Gloria asked about the rumor she said something to the effect of "Oh I can't discuss anything form a potiential client." She couldn't have said no comment?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,377,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Nobody would believe he could pay attention to one thing long enough to have an affair. He'd change his mind in the middle.

Jim Morin: Mitt the Flip-Flopper - YouTube

Old 10-21-2012, 01:56 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,705,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
She's got 2 divorces. Maybe someone should do some checking on her.
Why? She's not running for public office, who cares what she does in her spare time.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:09 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I dont see how Gloria Allred would be involved. She is a civil attorney that generally represents women that have been done wrong in some way or another.
She was involved with the Meg Whitman thing because she represented the undocumented worker that was suing Whitman for unpaid wages--she'd worked for her as a nanny and housekeeper for 9 years. She became involved in the Herman Cain sexual harassment scandal when a women decided to use her as a spokesperson to say that Cain had harassed her (in addition to the women who had received financial settlements for the same complaint while working for him). IF Gloria Allred is involved, it may well be the same kind of deal, or something similar. So far Allred is saying no comment, and Drudge is the one starting the rumor. It may just be Drudge making stuff up to fire up the base--that once again the R's are victims.

I will say this--October surprises are usually pretty ugly, because the best is always saved for right before the election, so the opponent doesn't have time to recover from it.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,147,530 times
Bet they are sorry they already used the 47% tape.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:28 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
The only way I could see Romney losing worse than he will lose, is if it is revealed that he has a secret lover that is a black transvestite. Anything that is not sex related will not damage him much.
It's good to keep your spirits high before the big fall.. I hope you have a good support system to hold your hand on November 6, it could be devastating for you...

Old 10-21-2012, 03:31 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
he tried to last week and look where that got him.
It got him a few more % points lead in the polls, is that what you're talking about?

Old 10-21-2012, 03:32 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
I don't know--lots of conservative blogs, including Drudge, are freaking out and asking their readers to call the RNC to ask them to do something about it. WTH?? What is the RNC going to be able to do in advance if Gloria Allred trots out someone with major dirt on Romney, especially if they have no idea who it is, or what it's about in advance? That doesn't even make sense. The only case where they could act is if they DO know that something really bad about Romney has been hushed up, that they KNOW that Allred has someone willing to come forward on it, and they want the RNC to proactively address it to take the wind out of Allred's sails. The whole thing is crazy, especially since it's all coming from the republican end. The D's haven't said a word.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:33 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i totally forgot about how she derailed whitman in california with the housekeeper back in 2010 and herman cain during the primaries. republicans are already in a tizzy apparently.

Republicans bracing for 'October surprise' as Gloria Allred 'prepares for Romney revelation' | Mail Online
I would not place a large bet on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections