Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,221,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Seriously. Clinton is speaking out for Obama, so why is George W. Bush totally M.I.A.? Is he really that embarrassing for Republicans? If so, why did they vote him in twice?
As I understand, W has made a conscious decision not to impose himself on the election process, it being a traditional practice among former presidents. That Clinton thinks he's still relevant is his own decision.

W has, in his own quiet but meaningful way, endorsed Romney. He doesn't feel a need to make a spectacle of himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 10:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,141,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I think you live in "Backwards World".
That's all you've got?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,142,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I voted for W twice and am damned proud of it.

Of course he made mistakes. The difference between me and 0bots is I never proclaimed my president to be some kind of perfect god.

I miss W. I would vote for him again, in a heartbeat.
You have no idea what Bush has cost you and the nation.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Bush is enjoying his retirement.

He contributes to numerous charities and volunteer groups, but the one he seems to spend the most time with honors wounded veterans.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,242,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I voted for W twice and am damned proud of it.

Of course he made mistakes. The difference between me and 0bots is I never proclaimed my president to be some kind of perfect god.

I miss W. I would vote for him again, in a heartbeat.

I wish people has to pass an IQ test in order to vote.

We'd eliminate this problem of voting while under the influence of imbecility.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:37 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,174,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I wish people has to pass an IQ test in order to vote.

We'd eliminate this problem of voting while under the influence of imbecility.

You wish people has to pass an IQ test?

Before you insult GWB's intelligence, you should ensure that your spelling is correct.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,587,199 times
Lightbulb Where is "W"?

Sad, isn't it?

The GOP has two living former presidents and they keep them hidden from the public like leppers.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times
GW made an early endorsement of Romney, but has chosen to stay out of the limelight. Conversely, Ron Paul got his ass kicked in the primaries, but the old fool refuses to recognize his irrelevancy. By refusing to endorse Romney, Paul essentially has endorsed Obama. It will be a great day when this RINO leaves Washington.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,233,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Bill Clinton has a legacy to salvage. While one could argue that George W. Bush has a legacy to salvage as well, the difference here is that Bill Clinton was IMPEACHED by the House of Representatives. This dubious distinction is one that is etched into history and will forever be discussed in studies of American politics. Therefore, it's imperative that he put more effort into trading in his image as a lying philanderer. Conversely, George W. Bush merely needs to let history play out and prove to the world that a quasi democracy in the heart of the Middle East was ultimately the right thing to do.

Who has it worse? Someone who will forever be known as the man who put a cigar in Monica Lewinsky's orrifice, or the guy who sought to foster democracy in the Middle East?

All things considered, OF COURSE Bill Clinton would force himself into the spot light. He has a lot of ground to make up if he's to have a positive legacy.
This is as delusional as it gets. LMAO...

If there was an election right now between Slick Willie and Bush, Bush might be lucky to win even his home state. It would be Reagan vs Mondale all over again. The returns for W would be laughable.

Even with Clinton's foibles and impeachment, Bush simply doesn't rate against him. Clinton's legacy is solid, Bush's is a joke. Who invites W to ANYTHING? Nobody, that's who. He's a disease...a walking Texas Ebola virus. Romney would rather run through a fire with gasoline underwear rather than be seen with Bush.

All of you Bush apologists, please stop with the damn sugarcoated excuses for why he's not around because that's bullshyt and you know it.

Now as you were...

Old 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Sad, isn't it?

The GOP has two living former presidents and they keep them hidden from the public like leppers.
...like Jimma Carter? I'll take the "leppers" over the fool......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections