Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Why did he hire attorneys to ensure that they remain sealed? Why isn't he transparent like he said he would be? What is he hiding?
Sigh...yet another birther. Posters who spew this crap show themselves to be not intelligent enough to bother engaging in conversation with, since all of this has been debunked again and again and again ad nauseam. But I know that as a birther, you will hear none of it, so it's pointless to even try.

Your screen name in light of your posts is especially ironic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 10:50 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
I am not an Obama supporter. However, I think his record should be what people vote for or against. If folks are pleased with his performance, then so be it.

But relying on such things as his religion (and I don't care whether he IS muslim or not!) and this ongoing crap about his place of birth . . . it just makes me sad.

If you don't like Obama's policies and feel he is a poor leader, then vote against him. But stop the madness w/ the birth certificate and religious "suspicions."

Being an effective leader should be the bottom line. I happen to think Obama is not an effective leader, so I won't be voting for him. But it sure has nothing to do with where he was born or what his religion is or isn't.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,956,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Well then he could help allot of people by showing his records to Trump for $5 million dollars to a charity of Obama's choice, why doesn't he do it? I am not a birther but since it is no big deal why not just do it?
If Trump has 5 million to give to charity, why does he not just give 5 million to the charity of his choice. Trump is an idiot.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:57 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,534,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
If Trump has 5 million to give to charity, why does he not just give 5 million to the charity of his choice. Trump is an idiot.
Yes, I thought the same thing when I heard this.

Another silly game and trust me, I am not an Obama supporter.

I am, however, able to see a publicity stunt for what it is. And that is all this is.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,465,053 times
Quote:
Well then he could help allot of people by showing his records to Trump for $5 million dollars to a charity of Obama's choice, why doesn't he do it?
he couldn't, nor could anyone else. trump is asking for college applications records. occidental, like most colleges, only maintain those records for five years after the student leaves the school ( i linked to the school's retention schedule in the thread about trump's offer ).

either trump didn't take the 30seconds to research this fact or he's intentionally made an offer that could not be satisfied.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,465,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Why did he hire attorneys to ensure that they remain sealed?
again, they are not "sealed". they are private records and are protected under law, same as yours and mine. what part of that aren't you understanding.

he hired a defense when he was being sued ( as nearly all people do ). obama was actually a defendant in very few of the 140+ birther lawsuits.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:29 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,881,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
again, they are not "sealed". they are private records and are protected under law, same as yours and mine. what part of that aren't you understanding.
The logical part. And this poster, like all birthers, never will, because they're birthers. The logic switched is firmly in the off position.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,945,150 times
Quote:
This is why (video says it all) lol

Churchill said, "If you are young and not liberal, then you have no heart; but if you are old and not conservative, then you have no brain."

Obama is really counting on his ability to "play" our youths, exploiting the uninformed, idealistic, and emotion-driven college voter. This is why he shows up at so many colleges.

Obama promises cheap tuition while killing the machine (private sector business) that would provide jobs when these students graduate.
The third world immigrant wave is insuring an Obama victory in Ohio!

Power to Somalia!

Is voter fraud being committed in Ohio? - Conservative News

Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,211,198 times
Birther nuttiness. There should be a tin foil hat warning on this thread.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, I thought the same thing when I heard this.

Another silly game and trust me, I am not an Obama supporter.

I am, however, able to see a publicity stunt for what it is. And that is all this is.
I also see it as a stunt but the fact remains that Obama could release his records, shut Trump up and get $5 million to contribute to his favorite charity. I am not sure why Obama wouldn't just do it. Poor people will benefit from the stunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections