Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:37 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,467,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
If you want to list a few contradicting statements, I'll tell you which ones I agree with, but only briefly.
layers are a sign of forgery v there are too few layers for them to have been created in an optimization process.

duplicate letters mean that it’s a hand-created forgery v duplicate letters are a sign of optimization.

different pixel sizes sign of forgery v sign of optimization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 10:38 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,984,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
When the two views are communism and freedom, I draw the line. Anybody who loves this country will not go over the world talking it down. He went too far. My opinion still holds. I don't want to know anyone that would vote for this man.
Obama's mentor is Frank Marshal Davis who was a member of the American Communist Party. You are right we are not a communist country and the line should be drawn. The country wasn't founded on Marxist principals. Our country is defined by the constitution which by the people not by a king or dictator. Communism is a failed model. Just look at the former Soviet Union and North Korea. Everything run by the government. The last thing we need is another Hugo Chavez in the White House turning us into Venezuela based on Marxist principals. It's simple we either want government taking away more money from small businesses or get them out of the way so these businesses can afford to grow more "JOBS" << which we need. I agree we shouldn't have a president who apologizes about our freedom and successes and yes, Thomas Edison did actually build that light bulb to make it work. It's the people not government or dictatorship that make this country work.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,572,480 times
We also need a President who is NOT ashamed of the entrepreneurial spirit which has made this country great, in spite of his party's numerous attempts going back to FDR to demolish our economy & standard of living.

The fact that he bows to ANY foreign dignitary or head of state is repulsive, except to countries where such greetings are traditional and done by both parties!!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have a right to your opinion just like everyone else does. I'm sorry but Romney scares the heck out of me because I have no idea who he really is.
We didn't know who Obama was either in 2008. Our economy is on the brink of catastrophic collapse that should be scary enough when you wake up one morning to find out when a loaf a bread is 20 dollars because the value of our dollar couldn't be supported by the FED anymore. Romney had 25 years of experience building businesses that created more jobs. Obama had 4 years of experience destroying the economy by further devaluing the purchasing power of the dollar with 6 more trillion dollars of debt. We can not afford to borrow our way out.

What is the most pressing issue that will determine your vote? Most people in the country are concerned about the economy and jobs at the moment.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:12 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
You are right we are not a communist country and the line should be drawn. The country wasn't founded on Marxist principals. Our country is defined by the constitution which by the people not by a king or dictator.
You're certainly correct that this country wasn't founded on Marxist principles (or principals either)--it was founded decades before Karl Marx was born. However, at least some Marxist principles could be realized constitutionally (and have been for many years), and Karl Marx himself was not in favor of autocracy, let alone monarchy.

Marx's ideas were largely screwy, but that's a separate point.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 PM

993 posts, read 832,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The only thing that is important about the digital image is the information it contains, and the state of Hawaii has confirmed that the information on that digital image matches exactly the information in their vault, which makes your theory of a forgery laughable. What would be the point? Why forge something that simply recreates exactly the same, accurate information as the official birth certificate? Doesn't that sound pointless?

So tell me, who is a more credible source, the officials in the state of Hawaii, or a computer software "expert" who is blathering on about abnormalities created by software in a picture on the Internet?

Yes, your argument really is that stupid. But it will not stop you from posting your birther garbage in thread after thread, because the truth doesn't matter to you.

Birthers.
"States" don't confirm or deny anything. People do. Onaka signed the "birth certificate" and made the statement the information matched their records. Of course he would say that. He is also being sued for “aiding and abetting President Obama in fraudulently obtaining ballot access through false and altered documentation.”

Hawaii GOP State Senate Candidate May Be A ‘Birther’ - Honolulu Civil Beat - Capitol Watch

In Judd v. Obama, a case filed in US District Court, Central District of California, Southern Division, the complaint alleges that Defendant Onaka, Registrar of the State of Hawaii, aided and abetted Obama and was complicit in the cover up of the fact that Obama is using a forged birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. Onaka refused to provide an original birth certificate or original microfilm for examination. Also defendant’s Brian Schatz and Lynne Matusow are alleged to have aided and abetted fraud committed by Obama when they signed an altered/falsified Official Certification Of Nomination form from the Hawaii Department of Elections and removed the necessary wording “eligible according to the US Constitution” from the document in 2008.

There are many issues in this thread and not just this one, so move on. The dims bring it up in almost every thread to try to distract from how pitiful Obama has performed as POTUS.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:36 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gal from the South View Post
"States" don't confirm or deny anything. People do. Onaka signed the "birth certificate" and made the statement the information matched their records. Of course he would say that. He is also being sued for “aiding and abetting President Obama in fraudulently obtaining ballot access through false and altered documentation.”
LOL!!! Another birther lawsuit--yeah, THAT'S real evidence for you. To date well over 100 birther lawsuits have been filed in state and federal courts (and I'm sure wrecking ball will be along any time now to give you the exact number). Take a guess how many of them have been thrown out of court. That's right, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. And this one will too, because it's just as bogus as the rest of them.

Don't tell me, Orly Taitz is your hero, right? Oh, man, too, too funny!!

Birthers.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 10-28-2012 at 12:07 AM..

Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Below is a candid post from a comment page at the bottom of an article that I read from a person living in New Zealand that is obviously paying much attention to the USA politics and this election ...

Quote:
As a New Zealander looking @ the US election from the outside, I am moved to make some comments which on the face of it should be obvious to all Americans.

Why do you think the candidate support map shows all the states with predominantly highly educated, wealthy, sophisticated & successful populations, support the dems. Whilst all the states whose populations are largely made up of the poorly educated, rednecks, gun lobbyists & bible belt ignoramuses support Romney. People whose narrow mindedness levels & anachronistic thinking, are more in keeping with the dark ages & the Taliban, rather than the great United States in the 21st century. Only a brain dead fool could support the republicans as well as their even more nauseating t party faction. These people would be on the lunatic fringe, if they were operating in Australia!

Swing state voters would do well to reflect on what kind of America they want to live in & inflict on the rest of us who must live in a world where the U S is the supreme power. It is fair to say that a country where Romney can be a serious contender for president, is in its decline not its ascendancy! Why would a country vote in a person who only truly represents 1% & has open contempt for 47% of the population? Get real America! Give Obama another term & with an overwhelming majority to force the republicans to the table & allow the dems to close tax loopholes, hike real rates for the top 1%, (the Buffett tax), fix the fiscal cliff & implement Simpson/Bowles so you can get your country back on a positive path & lead the world as I know you can.
I am fairly certain that many Americans feel this way about Romney and the radical right wing that he is pandering to along with his VP pick of Ryan. So OP, this is why, among other reasons, that a large percentage of Americans will cast a vote for Obama/Biden on November 6th.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
However, at least some Marxist principles could be realized constitutionally (and have been for many years), and Karl Marx himself was not in favor of autocracy, let alone monarchy.

Marx's ideas were largely screwy, but that's a separate point.
some Marxist principals could be realized? which principals would that be?

Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,488,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanologist View Post
some Marxist principals could be realized? which principals would that be?
Abolition of child labor and a graduated income tax were planks in the Communist Manifesto which were realized approximately 100 years ago. One can debate the wisdom of such laws, but they were constitutionally enacted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections