Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM

811 posts, read 1,055,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well lookie here, Sound of Reason (ha!) managed to regurgitate almost every birther talking point in one post! If you are serious about wanting answers to these questions, go here:

The Fogbow: Birthers Debunked :: Home

It's an amazingly comprehensive site that answers every single one of your questions. But I don't delude myself that you will even click on the link, because you don't really want answers. You simply want a reason to continue to smear the president. Just like all good birthers.
Myopia, huh? You zero in on only one. I suppose you don't deny that Obama is okay with murdering unborn children? You don't deny that he LIED to the American people about Libya? All of these are easily verifiable, yet you focus on the origin of birth, even though he likely isn't a natural born American citizen due to having to move back from Indonesia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM

32,091 posts, read 15,089,435 times
[quote=Sound of Reason;26690073]How could anyone vote for Obama.

Because I have no idea who the real Mitt Romney is and that scares me. This new Mitt seems manufactured....the new and improved Mitt Romney. And I find it odd that he won't give any more interviews. I think he would be a weak president that would be controlled. He and Ryan have no foreign policy experience, and he has the same advisors as Bush. So guess what....we can't afford another war but that's where we are headed if Romney becomes president. Neocons just love war.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times
So, the columns this thread rests upon is birtherism?

Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,882,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Myopia, huh? You zero in on only one. I suppose you don't deny that Obama is okay with murdering unborn children? You don't deny that he LIED to the American people about Libya? All of these are easily verifiable, yet you focus on the origin of birth, even though he likely isn't a natural born American citizen due to having to move back from Indonesia.
Yes, I deny Obama is okay with murdering unborn children. It's called abortion, and it's legal. Get used to it.

Yes, I deny that Obama lied about Libya, because I don't subscribe to the hysteria of a Fox News created and completely phony scandal that you do. I also don't believe in using dead Americans as props for political gain, as you obviously do.

As for the Indonesia garbage--did you know he was all of six years old when he lived in Indonesia? And that a six year old is not capable of renouncing his citizenship, and that no one else can do that for a minor child? And that just moving to a foreign country doesn't cause one to lose their citizenship? So there you go, that entire meme is bunk.

But you didn't know that, because you didn't even bother to click the link in my last post. And the reason you didn't bother is because you really have no interest in the truth because it doesn't fit into your narrative of smearing the president. Talk about myopia.

Birthers.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
How is he considered natural born when he moved to Indonesia and entered school. As attorney, Berg, stated a few years ago, one had to be a citizen of Indonesia to enroll in the schools.
untrue. berg misread indonesian law (remember, berg lost the case). there is no indonesian law that restricts foreign students from attending indonesian schools.

but we can go beyond that to show that obama was never an indonesian citizen. first up by indonesian law he has yet to be eligible (bold where obama would not meet standard):

being the age of 18 years or older, or being married

when applying, having resided in Indonesian for a minimum of 5 consecutive years or 10 non consecutive years(obama was there for only 4)

physically and mentally healthy

can speak the Indonesian language and acknowledge Pancasila and Undang-Undang Dasar Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 1945 (unknown but unlikely at the age of 6)

never convicted of a crime for which the punishment is imprisonment for one year or more

if having Indonesian citizenship will not give the person dual citizenship**(see below)

employed or have fixed income

pay the citizenship fee

Indonesian nationality law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

** you correctly pointed out that a person would have to renounce US citizenship to obtain indonesian citizenship. here's the problem with that....... the US does not allow minors that young to renounce US citizenship. from the US state dept:

"F. RENUNCIATION FOR MINOR CHILDREN

Parents cannot renounce U.S. citizenship on behalf of their minor children. Before an oath of renunciation will be administered under Section 349(a)(5) of the INA, a person under the age of eighteen must convince a U.S. diplomatic or consular officer that he/she fully understands the nature and consequences of the oath of renunciation, is not subject to duress or undue influence, and is voluntarily seeking to renounce his/her U.S. citizenship."

Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship

Quote:
Attorney Berg states that his records are sealed.
yep, and berg is wrong. please list any public record of obama's that has been sealed (remember, private records are...... private.)

Quote:
I would never refer to my ancestral homeland as my home country. It is not my home country. It is very odd to do something of the sort. People may say "homeland", but not "home country".
as i pointed out it was the same for reagan in ballyporeen ireland. when asked what he thought of his "home town" [ballyporeen] reagan replied "wonderful". i'm kind of also curious what you thought JFK meant when he said "eich bin ein berliner".

Quote:
Thus, I highly doubt Michelle's statements of home country were anything but the truth.
if you think she was speaking literally instead of figuratively then ask her to clarify. what do you think the answer would be?

Quote:
If so, why would someone not have it corrected for YEARS? Who would allow misinformation to be carried on for years, if indeed it isn't true?
most likely because it went unnoticed. it was only for a bio blurb that went out to publishers. the blurb was cut-n-pasted over when the original book became "dreams from my father"....... a book that talks about obama being born in hawaii!

Quote:
This isn't something minor.
yes, it is (altho i will grant you that it is the best evidence to date for the birthers...... which isn't saying much).

Quote:
You believe everything you're told?
nope, that's why i try and double check facts getting as close as i can to source material. in the case of savannah guthrie's photo's i don't have to take her word for it, i can look at the photos.

I saw the certified copy of long-form POTUS birth certificate today, felt the raised seal, snapped this pic Photo - Savannah Guthrie | Lockerz

Quote:
Obama originally claimed the COLB as his birth certificate.
it is. romney also released a COLB this year as proof of birth.

Romney's birth certificate evokes his father's controversy | Reuters

Quote:
I'm speaking of the posted "birth certificate" that was available for public download.
both the COLB and the LFBC were available (and still are) for public download.

Quote:
Now since the issue of layers don't mean a thing, it doesn't negate the fact that it could be a forgery. You don't think that the highest office in the land could summon individuals who will do his bidding and help him commit fraud?
anything that doesn't defy the laws of physics is possible. you need to show proof that there are signs of fraud.

Quote:
I see. This still doesn't answer why:

-1) Michelle calls Kenya Obama's "home country"
she was speaking figuratively not literally (addressed above).

Quote:
-2) How Kenyans refer to him as one of their own.
pride in a common ancestral heritage. no different than the irish with JFK.

Quote:
-3) How his grandmother stated that she was at his birth.
she didn't. another birther myth that won't die. here is the complete interview with sarah obama:

http://www.obamaconspiracy.org/wp-co...iptlulu109.pdf

Quote:
-4 How Obama allowed supposedly "fraudulent" information about his origin of birth to remain for years.
because most likely he didn't know it existed. as stated above, it was a promotional pamphlet sent out from the literary agency to the publishers. there would have been no reason to send it to the authors. in the same pamphlet it mistakenly lists tip o'neil as becoming speaker of the house in 1976. tip became speaker in 1977.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,962,372 times

Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
....., even though he likely isn't a natural born American citizen due to having to move back from Indonesia.
as pointed out above, it's not the case. don't take my word for it, do a search on "indonesian citizenship requirements" and "minor renouncing US citizenship" yourself.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:55 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,837,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
his records are not "sealed" nor has he spent millions to "seal" them. they are private records that are protected under the same privacy laws that protect yours and mine.
Your and mine are not running for POTUS...there is a difference.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Your and mine are not running for POTUS...there is a difference.
no there isn't.

both our and the president's records are protected under the privacy act of 1974. if you wish to change that and make the release of something a requirement for the office then you'll need to lobby congress to amend the constitution.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 PM

993 posts, read 832,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sigh...yet another birther. Posters who spew this crap show themselves to be not intelligent enough to bother engaging in conversation with, since all of this has been debunked again and again and again ad nauseam. But I know that as a birther, you will hear none of it, so it's pointless to even try.

Your screen name in light of your posts is especially ironic.
Hey Jude, you are an Adober - someone who doesn't believe Adobe Illustrator is a legitimate software program.

You are welcome to start a new thread about the fake birth certificate and we can discuss why anyone who knows one single little thing about computer graphics knows it's been altered. If you can't prove it's a scanned document of a piece of paper, then maybe you should just keep your thoughts to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections