Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Romney was keen on holding the pro-war signs, but he refused to serve himself.
He did not refuse to serve, in your mind maybe he did, but he was doing what all good Mormons do: he was completing his mission. You may not understand it, I may not either, but it is what the chruch requires of the adults. At least he did something, how about Clinton, did he serve at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 07:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Internal GOP memo -- early voting in FL very concerning:

Twitter / EvanAxelbank: Here is memo from a #PBC #GOP ...

There is a word for this and anything that comes from Axelrod can be applied. It is a 4 letter word, starting with B and ending L or better yet, 2 words: one beginning with B and the other S....

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,025,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Obamacare is a step towards a single payer system
I agree with everything you have said, EXCEPT I don't think Obamacare is a step towards a
single payer national health care system.
I believe the opposite so much so, I think if it is allowed to continue it will
set a single payer health care system back at least 50 years.

Why do you think the insurance coverage mandate was a Republican idea in the first place
The mandate only benefits for profit insurance companies and Big Pharm.
Incorporating private insurance companies into Medicaid, Medicare, Tricare, etc... does the SAME thing.
It's like a noose around the American citizen's health care neck; it will just get tighter and tighter and never go away. It will do nothing to contain costs.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:31 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He did not refuse to serve, in your mind maybe he did, but he was doing what all good Mormons do: he was completing his mission. You may not understand it, I may not either, but it is what the chruch requires of the adults. At least he did something, how about Clinton, did he serve at all?
No, Bill Clinton did not serve IN THE WAR HE DID NOT THINK SHOULD BE FOUGHT.

Mitt Romney did not serve IN THE WAR HE DEMANDED OTHERS FIGHT.

Frankly, Nita, you've demonstrated that you're not very smart, so I doubt you can even understand the difference.

Finally, I'm embarrassed for you on your insipid justification for Mitt Romney putting his religion above service to his country. An aside from that, you again demonstrate monumental ignorance -- LDS encourages a two-year mission between the ages of 18 and 25. That left plenty of time for a two-year enlistment and a 12- or 13-month tour of Vietnam for young Willard, but he was too gutless to fight for his country despite supporting the war in theory. Mitt Romney was 20 years old when he concluded his two-year mission in France, so don't give me that lying BS that he couldn't serve because he was Mormon. Plenty of Mormons served in Vietnam. Plenty of others didn't support the draft.

ROMNEY REFUSED TO SERVE IN A WAR WHERE HE DEMANDED OTHERS SERVE AND DIE.

Spin that with your partisan BS, Nita, you fawning knee-jerk Romney apologist!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:32 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is a word for this and anything that comes from Axelrod can be applied. It is a 4 letter word, starting with B and ending L or better yet, 2 words: one beginning with B and the other S....
I am embarrassed for you, Nita. The mental gymnastics required to square reality with what you desperately want to believe must be compound your already impressive ignorance.

Old 10-31-2012, 08:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,543 times
Quote:
I am embarrassed for you, Nita. The mental gymnastics required to square reality with what you desperately want to believe must be compound your already impressive ignorance.
I am embarrassed for you that you are such a nasty, angry, person. Personal attacks to the extent that you have just shown against Nita show your true colors......and they are not pretty! SHAME on you!

Old 10-31-2012, 08:41 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,592,543 times
Not so good for Obama!

Gallup: Obama's Early Vote Advantage Collapses 22-Points Over 2008

Old 10-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:

Mitt Romney did not serve IN THE WAR HE DEMANDED OTHERS FIGHT.
I don't know if that's necessarily true. Mitt Romney was his father's son -
who was adamantly against the Vietnam War.

"Mitt Romney, 23, uses his father's famous remark to show where he stands. "I think we were brainwashed" says the son of Housing and Urban Development Secretary George Romney. If it wasn't a political blunder to move into Vietnam I don't know what is." - May 28, 1970 Morgantown Dominion News, "Cabinet Kids Protest Too".

Let's be honest here. Except for a select few, as the war progressed, there wasn't anyone
who wanted to go to Vietnam. And with the draft, a parent
wasn't doing their job if they didn't try their damndest to get them out of it.

That's why you need a declaration of war by Congress before drafting or sending our young men
and women into harms way. Period.
BTY, that includes Afghanistan and Iraq - draft or no draft...
and no, Mitt - we don't need a bunch of lawyers to tell us that - our constitution does

Vietnam was the worst unjustified conflict in America's history. Instead of learning from it,
we simply forget and repeat...

Old 10-31-2012, 09:28 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,775 times
Default Romney getting spanked in FL

GOP official in a rare moment of candor.

Florida GOP memo: Democrats are 'cleaning our clock'

Old 10-31-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
GOP official in a rare moment of candor.

Florida GOP memo: Democrats are 'cleaning our clock'
Pretty selective article

From your link:

It also says, "Even if Romney wins the state (likely based on polls), the turnout deficit in PBC will affect our local races."

Palm Beach County has always been mostly Dem, in comparison to the rest of the state - no surprise here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections