Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Don't forget to blame Obama for all those that went to hell also, he had partially something to do with that as well..don't forget that one Sandy If it rains tommorrow let's blame Obama. If the director gets the flu this week let's blame Obama, if a lady on your way to work tommorrow decides to drive past a red light in a rush to work, let's blame Obama for that as well...Let's blame Obama if Taylor Swift doesnt win an award on the CMA's this week
i only blame people for what they actually are responsible for--not what they might do, or how i think they might react to something. i don't know what drives obama, (nor do i presume to know) but i know that he hasn't been good for the country-with more secret government legislation, skyrocketing cost of living, arming insurgents and drug cartels, expansion of the patriot act, depreciating housing prices, and a bill to "seal obama's presidential records" making its way through congress. (what's that about, anyway??)

i don't see you contradicting my list-just trying to change the subject. i have lots of sites and graphs to back my statements up, and i have posted many on this forum previously.

this election is going to be decided on the economy, and the economy is really bad right now. everywhere i go, i hear people talking about struggling, or friends/family who are struggling, and how hard things have gotten for them.

obama had his chance, now it is someone else's turn.

Last edited by floridasandy; 10-28-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,064,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
unlike liberals, i only blame people for what they actually did-not what they might do, or how i think they might react to something.

i don't see you contradicting my list-just trying to change the subject.

this election is going to be decided on the economy, and the economy is really bad right now. everywhere i go, i hear people talking about struggling, or friends/family who are struggling, and how hard things have gotten for them.

By the third incomplete sentence there was no need to attempt to contradict, you did that yourself in your own post...Hey whoever becomes or remains Commandeer in Chief in a few days, we must respect and honor him despite if their is a D or R behind his name. Patriotism goes beyond party lines..God Forbid if the Govenor won, I would respect him and honor his title of Commandeer in Chief, that is what honorable adult patriots do (this message isnt just for you for but to EVERYONE)

Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
Yeah your county democratic numbers were slowly increasing from last 2 elections but your county will more than likely go Romney/Ryan. My county will also go to Romney/Ryan I didnt see any voter suppression either..
which counties are you both in?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:02 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

I agree that the economy is really bad. I also remember when George W. Bush addressed the nation in late 2008 because the economy was on the verge of collapse. This is a good article that doesn't blame Bush, but describes the missteps he took during his 8 years. It was written the day before President Obama was inaugurated. There are 9 (short) pages if you click on the red NEXT button.

[url=http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1872229_1872230_1872231,00.html]Bush's Budget Blunders - A Look Back at Bush's Economic Missteps - TIME[/url]

Why do you think "Obama had his chance" when he's had less than 4 years to clean up a mess that took 8? I'm always confused when people say it's a "turn" as if this is some kind of sporting event. The Romneys act as if it is their turn. Why? What has he done to prove he'll make a good leader? Because he's a successful businessman? Gee, so was Bernie Madoff! Let's see .. who was a businessman we elected to turn around the economy. : Hoover? Yup, that's it. Well, guess how that turned out for the country?

[url=http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2012/02/17/sorry-mitt-romney-good-businessmen-rarely-make-good-presidents]Sorry Mitt Romney, Good Businessmen Rarely Make Good Presidents - US News and World Report[/url]

Old 10-28-2012, 06:06 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,981,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
chica_bella813 is this week's MVP... Most Valuable Poster.
She speaks her mind freely as the few remaining Republicans on this site make personal attacks against her.
There are few remaining Republicans on this site because there are few remaining Republicans anywhere.
Thank you, chica_bella813 for you contributions to this forum. Whatever you see from these GOPers who know they are going to lose this election, please understand that there are many more people who are on your side.
This massage has bean brought to you from msnbc muchaoe's Si.

Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM

30,078 posts, read 18,689,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My dad is a senior in Florida and trust me he is not dumb. He has voted Republican all his life, not this time though. He thinks Ryan's voucher system is absurd and he should have never been a running mate since he brings absolutely nothing to the ticket. He thinks Romney is stupid and will say anything to get elected. He thinks Obama will win. He's not voting this election though.
I would beg to differ with your opinion of your father's intellect. If he does not know this, he is an uninformed voter. Obamacare will end up ending the "easy coverage" that he has experienced via medicare and will make healthcare a financial nightmare for seniors if Obama is re-elected.

With Obamacare, there will be a 30% reduction in reimbursement to providers (how many times do I have to say this?).

As a result MOST PHYSICIANS will be dropping medicare. As a result, medicare patients will have to pay cash for routine visits, and non-emergent elective procedures (gallbladders, colectomies, cardiac stents, cardiac bypass, oncological surgery, hernias, hysterectomies, total knee and hip arthroplasty, ect....)

The cash cost of these visits and procedures will make it such that seniors can only have emergent care via medicare, when physicians cannot deny care through emergent situations.

This, of course, will be an ENORMOUS financial burden, brought on by Obamacare and Obama in particular. If you are a senior, you would be insane to vote for Obama, as he is planning your financial ruin. Do you think any senior can pay for all those things out of pocket? If you are a senior and would really like to have lack of access for healthcare and denial of what has been considered "routine", vote Obama.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I would beg to differ with your opinion of your father's intellect. If he does not know this, he is an uninformed voter. Obamacare will end up ending the "easy coverage" that he has experienced via medicare and will make healthcare a financial nightmare for seniors if Obama is re-elected.

With Obamacare, there will be a 30% reduction in reimbursement to providers (how many times do I have to say this?).

As a result MOST PHYSICIANS will be dropping medicare. As a result, medicare patients will have to pay cash for routine visits, and non-emergent elective procedures (gallbladders, colectomies, cardiac stents, cardiac bypass, oncological surgery, hernias, hysterectomies, total knee and hip arthroplasty, ect....)

The cash cost of these visits and procedures will make it such that seniors can only have emergent care via medicare, when physicians cannot deny care through emergent situations.

This, of course, will be an ENORMOUS financial burden, brought on by Obamacare and Obama in particular. If you are a senior, you would be insane to vote for Obama, as he is planning your financial ruin. Do you think any senior can pay for all those things out of pocket? If you are a senior and would really like to have lack of access for healthcare and denial of what has been considered "routine", vote Obama.
Why are you deliberately trying to mislead people with your statements? The 30% reduction that you refer to has nothing to do with Obamacare. It is the medicare physician payment formula that is rejected every year by congress since 2003. I'm confident that they will kick the can down the road again.
There is also a 2% payment reduction that is slated for Jan 1, 2013 due to the sequester, which was agreed on by the Republican Congress in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. Repubs are loathe to cut military spending and Dems are loathe to cut healthcare spending. If anything, I'd say that Dems would be more likely to save healthcare programs.

Seniors have more to fear from Ryan's medicare premium support proposal. Sicker individuals will not be able to afford a plan that will cover what they need beyond the piddly stipend that they would receive to buy their health plan. If they buy a lesser plan that the stipend would support, they would be subject to higher out of pocket costs. You can't trust insurance companies to do the right thing or haven't you figured that out? medicare advantage companies play by the rules now because they are strictly regulated by the gov't. Take away that regulation and the mayhem would begin.

Junk the Medicare Physician Payment Formula ( a conservative blog)

Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 PM

32,094 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If he is a senior and has voted Republican his whole liife and you say he isn't dumb, which I trust you know that better than us, but the voucher system isn't going to affect him in anyway, not voting regardless doesn't sound to smart to me and saying Ryan brings nothing to the ticket isn't a new thing. Your father, certainly remembers some who have gotten the VP bid in the past (both parties) that no one had even heard of. VPs do not make a lot of difference in the outcome of the election, In fact they rarely make any difference.
He knows the voucher system won't affect him. But are you saying he should vote party lines even when he doesn't believe in the candidate. He won't do that. He doesn't think Romney has what it takes to run this country. Why would anyone vote for someone they don't believe in just because they are affiliated with that party.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He knows the voucher system won't affect him. But are you saying he should vote party lines even when he doesn't believe in the candidate. He won't do that. He doesn't think Romney has what it takes to run this country. Why would anyone vote for someone they don't believe in just because they are affiliated with that party.
Most of us pick the lesser of two evils. I certainly don't believe in much of what the Dems believe in, but they seem to be better than the alternative, at least in my opinion. But he's right that Romeny would be a huge mistake for this country. This whole thing about not proposing the voucher support for the current seniors strikes me as a very cynical ploy to not offend or frighten that group. If the voucher system provides such great choices, then why not extend it to them also? I'm sorry for calling your Dad "dumb" earlier. I just don't sympathize much for swing state voters who don't vote when so much is at stake. I feel better though that he's withholding a vote for romney, a very flawed candidate who would be utterly beholden to corporate interests and horrible for the middle class. Remember when he said, "Corporations are people too, my friend".

Old 10-28-2012, 08:21 PM

11,146 posts, read 10,721,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Why are you deliberately trying to mislead people with your statements? The 30% reduction that you refer to has nothing to do with Obamacare. It is the medicare physician payment formula that is rejected every year by congress since 2003. I'm confident that they will kick the can down the road again.
There is also a 2% payment reduction that is slated for Jan 1, 2013 due to the sequester, which was agreed on by the Republican Congress in exchange for raising the debt ceiling. Repubs are loathe to cut military spending and Dems are loathe to cut healthcare spending. If anything, I'd say that Dems would be more likely to save healthcare programs.

Seniors have more to fear from Ryan's medicare premium support proposal. Sicker individuals will not be able to afford a plan that will cover what they need beyond the piddly stipend that they would receive to buy their health plan. If they buy a lesser plan that the stipend would support, they would be subject to higher out of pocket costs. You can't trust insurance companies to do the right thing or haven't you figured that out? medicare advantage companies play by the rules now because they are strictly regulated by the gov't. Take away that regulation and the mayhem would begin.

Junk the Medicare Physician Payment Formula ( a conservative blog)
Why are you trying to do the same thing? Ryan's plan for Medicare doesn't affect anyone over the age of 55 years old. In other words, if you are within 10 years of receiving Medicare or are already on Medicare, Ryan's plan won't have any effect on you. Even for those under 55, you would still have the option of choosing traditional Medicare or choosing a new premium support provider. Ryan's plan, at the very least, ensures some competition to help keep prices down, and still allows the same level of service.

On the other hand, you're wrong about Obamacare. The original version did not reduce Medicare payments to providers. However, because the original version was going to cost upwards of $1 TRILLION, the cuts to Medicare providers were written in to offset that cost. Starting in January of 2013, Medicare payments to providers will be slashed by 31%. Even Richard Foster, Obama's Chief Actuary, writes the following:

Quote:
Thus, providers for whom Medicare constitutes a substantive portion of their business could find it difficult to remain profitable and, absent legislative intervention, might end their participation in the program (possibly jeopardizing access to care for beneficiaries).
The estimate stated in the report is that 15% of providers will likely become unsustainable in the next 10 years. This is probably a pipe dream, considering that some Doctors have already stopped taking new Medicare patients.

Obamacare also creates a brand spanking new beauracracy for the U.S. taxpayer to support, the Independent Payment Advisory Board. What do they do? They propose cuts to health care providers.

Stop trying to sell people on Obamacare. It's a broken law that never has and never will gain majority support, and it was shoved down our throats by someone that wanted a legacy other than broken campaign promises and a massive increase in the deficit that he promised to reduce (this was not a campaign promise, btw. He promised to reduce the deficit in 2009). Had it truly reformed the medical system, it may have managed to get some support, but then again, it wouldn't have had the backing of the Insurancy Lobbies if it had done that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections