Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:18 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Mitt Romney is one of those kind of people who would blindfold you and then say "I LOVE clean, cool water, especially during the summertime. I really like splashing around in it or even just floating on it. Why don't you go ahead and take a step forward and jump in my pool" then when the person jumps and hits the bottom of an empty pool and breaks their leg and curses at Mitt, he says "Hey, I never said there was actually water IN my pool. I never outright told you a lie."

He uses ambiguity and misdirection in the hopes of his audience believing something untrue so that he can use that false belief to his advantage. That is intentional deception and just more evidence of what a slimebag slickster he is. I find his continued attempts to mislead the American public, to deceive the American public to be horribly offensive!
You are too kind. He is an outright liar. How do you know he is lying? His lips are moving. He had a lot of experience as a vulture capitalist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 10:48 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Auto companies hit back against Romney ads confirming that Romney is lying.

"The ad is cynical campaign politics at its worst," General Motors spokesman Greg Martin told The New York Times"

Romney is desperate because he knows Obama is up 5 points in Ohio. Romney can not win the election without Ohio.

Auto companies hit back against Romney ads – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,826 times
This is what desperate campaigns do. They are near panic in OH. No OH and no White House.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:37 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
I don't know what the big deal on this issue is, so Jeep is going to produce Jeeps in China for the Chinese market, that sounds reasonable, just like Japan produces vehicles in the U.S. for the U.S. market, much to do about nothing.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
I don't know what the big deal on this issue is, so Jeep is going to produce Jeeps in China for the Chinese market, that sounds reasonable, just like Japan produces vehicles in the U.S. for the U.S. market, much to do about nothing.
Sure, but Romney said that GM was going to move the Jeep production facility to China, which is different thant start another production facility in CHina. See the difference. One involves a loss of jobs, the other does not.

Old 10-31-2012, 05:12 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Chrysler, GM Rebuke Mitt Romney Jeep Ad

You have to wonder if this bold lying game is going to backfire. People should be able to see through the BS and this should reflect poorly on his credibility. I think Romney is banking on the dumbarse vote.
Problem is people who already dislike Obama hear this BS on FOX or Limbaugh and think it to be gospel,they never follow up to actually verify the credibility of these absurd stories.
Aint hard to check, heres Chryslers response.
http://blog.chryslerllc.com/entry/19...eep_production

Last edited by jambo101; 10-31-2012 at 05:21 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Fact Check: WaPo Calls Romney Jeep Ad 'Correct'

Quote:
The Washington Post Fact Checker has declared that Mitt Romney's television ad about Jeep production being moved overseas, which has "hurt" the "feelings" of the Obama campaign and the left, is "factually defensible" and "technically correct."
The statement is certainly propaganda and designed to mislead. One talent of a good propagandist is, if you can't get away with an outright lie, then learn to "imply", while remaining "technically correct".
So here's the question - why, in a campaign ad, would Romney bring up this innocent, inconsequential move, when there is seemingly no political reason to do so? That's right - to falsely make it seem consequential and alarming to voters.
This from the king of outsourcing, seeming to complain about outsourcing!
He certainly is a polished operator, yet he may have gotten those carefully-crafted lines from someone more creative in the conservative media.
But here's something important about a scam artist - he knows how to remain "technically correct" while he is fleecing you.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
From CNN:

"Obama took GM and Chrysler into bankruptcy and sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China," the television spot's narrator says.

Romney originally floated that idea at a rally in Defiance, Ohio last week. He quoted a report about the majority owner of Chrysler, Fiat, saying it was considering producing its signature Jeep in China.

However, the Bloomberg report to which Romney was apparently referring said that the potential move would only affect cars produced for Chinese consumers.

Chrysler Senior Vice President of Corporate Communications Gualberto Ranieri emphatically denied the possibility U.S. production would be affected, writing in an online posting, "Let's set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China."

The ad was rated "Pants on Fire" by the independent, fact-checking group PolitiFact.com

This is more of the same Romney tries to trick American voters behavior. This man will say anything to any group, tell any lie to any group, trying to get into the White House. Romney is the embodiment of the slickster politician. What a slimebag!
Willard said he is going to get tough with China.
The Obama administration already has, read this article:
Most American Cars Index Creates Controversy Over Which Cars Really Are American

I think willard says alot of things that he is just clueless about.

Maybe he can read a spreadsheet allright, but he doesn't know squat about everyday economics.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 11-01-2012 at 03:47 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Must be embarrassing when both the CEO's of Chrysler and GM have to come out with public letters of explanation explaining the truth after willard just throws out complete bs.The guy is a total used car salesman,tell em anything they wanna hear to make the sale..
I can see why Republicans would naturally be rooting for their party/guy but if i were Republican i'd give this willard clown a pass and hope the GOP come up with something more substantive in 2016,
Chris Christie perhaps..

Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
And shown that while implications lead some to believe the lib side, Romney's statement itself was correct.

Yes, it was. And Fox also had a quote from Fiat about building Jeeps in China. Romney didn't lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections