Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Yes, it was. And Fox also had a quote from Fiat about building Jeeps in China. Romney didn't lie.
If you arent going to believe letters from the CEO's of Chrysler/Fiat and GM calling willard statements inaccurate you probably arent goint to believe anything that conflicts with your opinions of the romney. So you can happily go to the polls and vote for him confident that he's going to bring at least 12 million jobs back to the USA in his first term and also having a balanced budget along with all those jobs. Although if he does happen to win it wont be for long as the Mayan calender is about to run out on Dec 21 2012 you do believe that dont you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Yes, it was. And Fox also had a quote from Fiat about building Jeeps in China. Romney didn't lie.
Actually, Romney did lie about it at a campaign event, in which he claimed they were going to move all Jeep production to China.

Mitt Romney automobile industry jobs: Romney goes off-road with the truth - Orlando Sentinel

He then followed that up with a technically true, but highly misleading set of ads. This is clearly designed to mislead and scare voters by turning a non-issue (or even some good economic news) into something bad. It's a move from a desperate campaign that sees victory slipping away and will say absolutely anything to win.

If this campaign has taught us only one thing, it's that Mitt Romney is a desperate man with absolutely no character.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 11-01-2012 at 08:53 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 10:22 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
If willard didn't lie, why did his nose grow so dang long?

Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,972,152 times
Quote:
You are only using "lie" in the context of intentionally technically untrue. However, lying is ALSO when someone intentionally misleads/intentionally deceives, even if they do so with wording that is technically correct. See posts #10 and #17.

Also, for those who happen to be Christian like myself, another analogy is to the Garden of Eden story, where Lucifer tells Eve she will not surely die if she eats the forbidden fruit. He was technically correct in the context of immediate physical death. But he was misleading them because when they were told they would die if they ate the fruit, it was not in the context of immediate physical death. Lucifer UNDERSTOOD the difference between the context they were told and the alternate context he implied. So therein he was able to mislead/deceive while being technically correct. Whether you're a Christian believer or not, the characterization of what Lucifer did/said in that biblical story IS nonetheless considered lying by most people. His technical correctness of wording didn't make him any less the liar.

Most people in life consider someone who intentionally misleads or deceives them to have LIED, even if the words the person spoke were technically correct. Intentional deception trumps technical correctness and makes the deceiver into a liar. Intentionally misleading/deceiving people is lying to them, and that is exactly what Mitt Romney has done on other issues but also did on this Jeeps in China issue. Whether Mitt is a believer or not (I don't know Mormonism from rocket science), he used the Lucifer tactic on the American voter- intentionally deceive while being technically correct. Again see posts #10 adn #17.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,348,810 times
[quote= Mormonism .[/quote]

That second m is amazingly well placed, suppose it was divinely inspired to be there ...

They aint making Jeeps in China.

Last edited by jambo101; 11-01-2012 at 11:16 AM..

Old 11-01-2012, 12:44 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
That second m is amazingly well placed, suppose it was divinely inspired to be there ...

They aint making Jeeps in China.
But maybe they will in the future for sale in that country. Seems the Chinese love American made autos and suv's.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:02 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,536,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
Mitt Romney is one of those kind of people who would blindfold you and then say "I LOVE clean, cool water, especially during the summertime. I really like splashing around in it or even just floating on it. Why don't you go ahead and take a step forward and jump in my pool" then when the person jumps and hits the bottom of an empty pool and breaks their leg and curses at Mitt, he says "Hey, I never said there was actually water IN my pool. I never outright told you a lie."

He uses ambiguity and misdirection in the hopes of his audience believing something untrue so that he can use that false belief to his advantage. That is intentional deception and just more evidence of what a slimebag slickster he is. I find his continued attempts to mislead the American public, to deceive the American public to be horribly offensive!
Romney reminds me of a car salesman...seriously. Where they are so out of touch- showing you everything you can afford or don't want and then telling you how great it would be to buy it.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:04 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,868,057 times
Jeeps expansion into China is a good thing coming from a company that has prospered since the auto bailout so opposed by Flip. Jeep is expanding their domestic manufacturing and expanding markets in China. this is great news for Jeep and not at accurate as to what Flip has said about it.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:13 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,671,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So...is that true or not? No spin, no bs, is it true?

Did Romney say that domestic Jeep production here would be shut down...or was that the typical lie from the Obama campaign?

If GM is indeed doubling the number of cars they are building in China...it's reasonable to think that they are investing money in plants and equipment to do so. At a time when they still owe the US taxpayers somewhere in excess of $30 billion.
It's republican based FEAR-MONGERING!!!!!!!! It's all you got. Romney is preaching to the dumbed-down lowest common denominator republican. Saying that Chrysler is building a plant in China to manufacture jeeps is designed to inflame. If it wasn't designed to raise red flags then it's a non news event. truth is, chrysler is expanding it's production of the jeep line to China which is a good thing. This will not cost 1 job from the American work force.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,939,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Willard said he is going to get tough with China.
The Obama administration already has, read this article:
Most American Cars Index Creates Controversy Over Which Cars Really Are American

I think willard says alot of things that he is just clueless about.

Maybe he can read a spreadsheet allright, but he doesn't know squat about everyday economics.
Tell you what - Obama's accomplishments and congressional obstructionism are not making it into the "mainstream corporate news media". Wonder why!
This attempt to favor corporate repubs is the reason people don't know what's really going on, and it is why repubs have a chance at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections