Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2012, 03:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times

Advertisements

.... you people are STILL at this?

Election's over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
.... you people are STILL at this?

Election's over.
Whaaa, what? Really? Who won....

Old 12-10-2012, 06:16 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Exit polls indicate that 93% of blacks voted for Obama. That's HUGE! If only 1 of 15 whites voted for Obama it would have been called extreme racial prejudice. Is that why the overwhelming majority of blacks back Obama? I'm not a racist by any means and don't want this thread to get out of hand, but 14-1 voting in a presidential election by any race is monumental.

The other main difference between the President and Gov. Romney was political ideology. Obama stands for those who want government to redistribute wealth and provide more goods and services to the electorate while Romney stood for those who want government to downsize. Romney basically campaigned as a JFK of 2012 -- "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." Obama has turned that around.

So why the monumental landslide for Obama by African Americans? Race? Ideology? Something else?
GOP Policies are why most Blacks, Latinos and most LGBT voters voted for Obama as well!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Default This guy is hacked off---don't agree with his name calling

No Hope; No Change For the Blacks! - YouTube

Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
sunglasses? LOL.. I'm sorry but this image screams do not click

Old 12-11-2012, 10:32 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Just so you know, the n word is spoken fairly often within white only gatherings. I have heard it among members of my wife's family often. They live in a fairly integrated area and interact with blacks often. They are always making references to something a black did using that term... older generation so i think they grew up with its use.

Many that publicly profess that they're not racist use it privately.

I might add, that some that might use it now and they might not be racist, it is just how they were brought up. A great uncle said four years ago that the never imagined that he'd be voting for a n word. I doubt he is seriously racist, but I don't know him that well, he is in his 80's.
One thing I have rarely thought about, until the recent years, is that many things are kept hidden. Whenever I've heard the "N" word used out in the open, it was usually someone who didn't care who heard them. For the most part, racial prejudice is hidden deep. And in my experiences, it isn't just the old people who sometimes might have such attitudes. I've seen it from people my age.

I have also been around similar scenarios where people will claim up and down they aren't racist. I've ran into people who will use the "N" word or say something bigoted, and then claim they aren't racist. And I never saw this from old people. It was always from people in their 20s.

As for the person in his 80s, it is only been in my experience that I haven't heard old people use words like that, at least not in public. Maybe some people were raised to say certain words, but some people fall away from using it.

Maybe my experiences could be a matter of where I live. I live in Georgia and in some places, there is this "old south" mentality that I feel around me.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,992,719 times

Only racists sit and ponder why black people vote for Obama. Really.

Black people are generally democratic. But when Obama ran in 2008 the ones who don't EVER vote anyway were finally forced by family members, etc to get off your ass and vote. So for the first time in probably ever or awhile almost all black people voted.

But black, white, blue green, as long as the D is next to their name most black people will vote for it.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:17 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This is what many feared that Obama would be, an angry black man

Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
This is what many feared that Obama would be, an angry black man
uhhh he IS an angry black man. Worst campaign in history... divisive, Hannity said Obama should be ashamed he won the election.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:13 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Yes only white people are allowed to be angry because it scares white people if we aren't smiling and doing a soft shuffle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
uhhh he IS an angry black man. Worst campaign in history... divisive, Hannity said Obama should be ashamed he won the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections