Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Before this election I believed we were a center right country. I accepted the idea that 47% of the population expected handouts from the government and that conservatism still had a chance.
afterwards I don’t believe that any longer. We are a center left/left country and there are about 45% of Americans that do NOT expect handouts from the government.
I am sure you and yours are celebrating. your side killed the American Rugged Individualist. I however am mourning the loss.
And there has NEVER been anything silent about your whining progressive buddies. Progressives have long whinned about everything and anything. you protest and fill parks with your dirty tents and you poop on cop cars and dont bath and get in the way. But you won. enjoy.
we will "enjoy" when we are free of this treasonous republican congress.
So in your right-wing mind 55% of Americans don't want jobs. You enjoy outsourcing jobs, then complain about "Obama's unemployment". Typical Fox fascist crap.
Quote:
clearly America doesnt support the republican platform. That does not mean the republican platform is wrong.
The republican platform is the establishment of a Wall Street corporate government. Certainly wrong - beyond words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And when all else fails, hit them with accusations of racism, sexism, homophobia - the list goes on.
Sadly, you are correct. America has lost. We are going the way of Greece. 25% unemployment. No money to pay our bills. A generation (or two) of lazy, entitled "but what about my self esteeeeem"ers.
I just hope the reset button isn't too painful or violent. And I hope it's quick.
Yes, the list certainly does go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
as a liberal you should still be scared.
the party is winding down now, and guess who is in charge?
americans didn't pick obama because he was a "genius", they picked obama because they were needy and dependent. obama broke just about every campaign promise that he made, and presided over a horrible economy-and HE STILL WON.

for the record, a needy majority doesn't bode well for the future, and, no doubt, the democrats will be trotting even more needy people into the country in the next 4 years.
Still playing that same song over and over, despite evidence to the contrary Okay, I can repeat with the best of 'em.
Obama was picked because people are waking up to the plutocratic republican agenda and the lies of right-wing media. People want jobs, not handouts. Your hero Bush "presided over" a worse economy.
The republican corporate workforce consists of indentured servitude in third-world countries. Aren't you proud?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
we will "enjoy" when we are free of this treasonous republican congress.
So in your right-wing mind 55% of Americans don't want jobs. You enjoy outsourcing jobs, then complain about "Obama's unemployment". Typical Fox fascist crap.

The republican platform is the establishment of a Wall Street corporate government. Certainly wrong - beyond words!

Yes, the list certainly does go on.

Still playing that same song over and over, despite evidence to the contrary Okay, I can repeat with the best of 'em.
Obama was picked because people are waking up to the plutocratic republican agenda and the lies of right-wing media. People want jobs, not handouts. Your hero Bush "presided over" a worse economy.
The republican corporate workforce consists of indentured servitude in third-world countries. Aren't you proud?
To answer the op we are not a center right country anymore. We are on our way to being Greece, except Greece has more hard working people than the US.
Bush's economy had 5% unemployment until the housing bubble burst; the housing bubble caused by liberal democrat regulatory policies. Spin it any way you want, borrow and spend policies don't work. Try it for a few years in your own household and see where it gets you. How can liberals be so stupid.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:19 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The country has changed for the worst, morally and demographically.
Would you like hankie?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Before this election I believed we were a center right country. I accepted the idea that 47% of the population expected handouts from the government and that conservatism still had a chance.

afterwards I don’t believe that any longer. We are a center left/left country and there are about 45% of Americans that do NOT expect handouts from the government.

I am sure you and yours are celebrating. your side killed the American Rugged Individualist. I however am mourning the loss.

And there has NEVER been anything silent about your whining progressive buddies. Progressives have long whinned about everything and anything. you protest and fill parks with your dirty tents and you poop on cop cars and dont bath and get in the way. But you won. enjoy.
The rugged America individualist is a myth from a John Wayne movie. They are part of the 18th and 19th century, not the 21st.

How many farmers are willing to give up their subsidies?

How many home owners are willing to give their mortgage interest deductions?

How many businesses are willing to give up deductions for depreciation expenses.

The reason the tax code is such a mess is so many interest groups are looking to game the system when it comes to paying taxes.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And here we have Exhibit A of everything that is wrong with the current GOP. Catering to crazies like this poster is exactly what lost them this election, and until and unless they are willing to tell the crazies that they ARE crazy instead of inviting them in and giving them a seat at the table, it is what will continue to lose them elections going forward.
But not in places like Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska and other red states. People in these areas insulate themselves from other people that don't look like them, pray like them, think live them or live like them. Thus in the near term the "Crazy Train" will continue its journey into irrelevance for the foreseeable future urged on by Faux News, Limbaugh and Beck.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
A corrupt eduction system that does not explain the success of Capitalism over all other economic systems keeps people in power that just want to take from producers and give to non-producers in order to gain power, money and political office.
It guess you haven't taken an economics class lately.

Also what we currently have in America isn't traditional capitalism. It's f**k you capitalism, where the rich have less of an interest in treating American workers with fairness and dignity and more interest in making profits than at any other time since the Robber Baron Era.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:51 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
See, you are still being immature. Instead of actually responding to posts, you post silly retorts like this (because you have no intelligent response).
Dude, go over my posts for the last two weeks. I've answered everything and laid out the reality that is and why the Republicans are failing to grasp it. Guess what. You didn't listen. You choose to cling even harder to your incorrect ideology and misconceptions. It's hard to admit that your thinking is wrong. And you are suffering from that. So, instead of writing paragraphs upon paragraphs deconstructing and analyzing the pain, anguish and denial they you are going through every time one of you start to b*tch, I now just choose to summarize it with the perfect description for your ailment: Butthurt.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But not in places like Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, Kansas, Nebraska and other red states. People in these areas insulate themselves from other people that don't look like them, pray like them, think live them or live like them. Thus in the near term the "Crazy Train" will continue its journey into irrelevance for the foreseeable future urged on by Faux News, Limbaugh and Beck.
Yes, because those folks in the PA districts that voted 100% for Obama DON'T insulate themselves from people that don't look like them, think like them, or act like them.

I live in Texas, and attended a holiday event on Friday. A friend from "blue" NY commented that she would never see such a diverse group of people at a similar event there. All colors, ages, dress, attitude at this event, all having a good time. They myth of those states being racist, etc., is just that - a myth. We just DON'T CARE here. That's the difference.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:08 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Americans that voted for Obama are about to learn a very hard lesson. Just like I learned a hard lesson when I voted for Carter years ago. Some of us just have to learn the hard way; but once the lesson is learned that way it sticks and we know better for the rest of our lives.

My reality hit the day I was buying hot dogs on sale to feed my children and the black lady beside me was buying them to feed to her dogs because she could not buy dog food with food stamps. People will forgive offenses but they will never forgive or forget how you make them feel.

Because we were having to pay so many taxes, I was having to buy food for my children that she was getting for free for her dogs. That will be going on in a much bigger way for the next four years. I ended up having to go to work and leave my children every day because the government was taxing my husband so they could pay the child care costs of other people. If taxes had been lower, I could have stayed home with our children. The government is forcing women to have to go out to work in order to pay people that are doing nothing.
So, wait let me get this straight:
Back in 1976-1980, some black lady (Of she had to be black, cause you know foodstamps) confided in you that she had to buy hotdogs to feed her dog. Right. I'm sure this happened. Please refresh my history, what policies did Carter pass that allowed the lady to buy hotdogs with foodstamps?

Old 11-27-2012, 09:08 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
To answer the op we are not a center right country anymore. We are on our way to being Greece, except Greece has more hard working people than the US.
Bush's economy had 5% unemployment until the housing bubble burst; the housing bubble caused by liberal democrat regulatory policies. Spin it any way you want, borrow and spend policies don't work. Try it for a few years in your own household and see where it gets you. How can liberals be so stupid.
Democrats did not cause the crash - it was a deregulated Wall Street run wild. This was responsible for rising unemployment in 2008 which peaked in October 2009. Then repubs, fearing its success, fought the stimulus bill and successfully watered it down.
Blaming the "housing bubble" is just republicans diverting blame from their own Wall Street base.

Greece, with a population of 11 million has more hard-working people than our 300+ million? This sounds like more Fox/Romney "Americans are slackers" crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections