Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:34 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,375,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
And for that reason alone there should be an allowance for President Obama to stay on for a third term. A valid argument is that in his first term all he could do was clean up the mess. Of course he would have to win another election, but that would be the easy part.
I don't see BO being worth a Constitutional challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
with the latest scandals, and the way the White House (Jay Carney for example) are weaseling in with thier atttiude/answers/lies/spins (oh i love to see Carney squirm with his weak facial expressions); and with even the Democrats also starting to see the light I have for the first time in many many months, am now seeing a glimmer of hope. when Obummercare kicks in in 2014, we might have more on board that find they've been duped and Obummercare is not what it was promised.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:53 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Them along with the growing Latino voters of all age, who vote 70%+ for the left as well. The Republicans, if they are to survive, have got to get ahold of the Teabagger crazies, and find a way to move back towards the center. Of course on a personal level I hope they don't, the ride is quite amusing the way it is going.
I don't believe the tea party is as big of problem for the Republicans as the Pat Robertsons and the James Dobsons. Young voters are extremely concerned with LGBT equality and its a make or break issue to them. They are also very concerned with climate change and cannot trust anybody who openly denies science.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I don't believe the tea party is as big of problem for the Republicans as the Pat Robertsons and the James Dobsons. Young voters are extremely concerned with LGBT equality and its a make or break issue to them. They are also very concerned with climate change and cannot trust anybody who openly denies science.
Why do you and some others always bring the LGBT issue into every debate as if that is the only issue facing the country. It is an issue, but not nearly as serious as a lot of other issues.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:00 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why do you and some others always bring the LGBT issue into every debate as if that is the only issue facing the country. It is an issue, but not nearly as serious as a lot of other issues.
Its not the biggest issue but its the biggest wedge issue our country is currently facing. The LGBT issue is the one issue that will energize the base on both sides, so it turns out votes. People get extremely emotional about it. Climate change and abortion are others similar issues, which is why those are the issues being discussed every election season.

Romney tried to keep the focus on the economy and it didn't work and the base stayed home.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,596,106 times
Quote:
A number of gay people and others voted for Obama-vomit because Ovomit claimed he was for gay marriage - now look at the facts, gay marriage has been ok in only a FEW states, not all over the USA, so if gay people and supporters voted for obumavomitbummer to be there to change the laws to benefit those who wanted gay marriage, they were sadly disappointly DISSED! didn't work..

wish those same people would have voted for obummer-vommit-vomma for other reasons, like jobs, or honesty,, of which this ovomit-bomma has done ****E!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 11:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
A number of gay people and others voted for Obama-vomit because Ovomit claimed he was for gay marriage - now look at the facts, gay marriage has been ok in only a FEW states, not all over the USA, so if gay people and supporters voted for obumavomitbummer to be there to change the laws to benefit those who wanted gay marriage, they were sadly disappointly DISSED! didn't work..

wish those same people would have voted for obummer-vommit-vomma for other reasons, like jobs, or honesty,, of which this ovomit-bomma has done ****E!!!
There are many more Gays that are Democrats than Republicans. I know, I worked with them for many years and our foster daughter is a Lesbian and a staunch Democrat. as are all but one of her friends. That friend, BTW is a conservative and a vegan. As Lori says, that is combination you might not ever see again: a lesbian, conservative vegan!!

I do not think there is much chance most of the gays and lesbians will vote for Republicans regardless. but remember, they are a very small part of our society. The Log cabin members, for the most part will vote Republican. I wish, all the Republicans had to do was endorse gay marriage change their thinking, but I don't expect that to happen. It does surprise me a bit, I can think of many reasons for gays to support a Republican Pres but I just don't see it happening.
Unless things change in the next few years between honesty in the WhiteHouse, foreign affairs, security, amnesty, health care and the economy will take a lot of attention off of same sex marriage.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,920,358 times
Quote:
If a law existed that prevented Christians from getting married would you think that is a serious issue worthy of attention?

I think the only reason that you minimize the importance of equality for homosexuals is because you don't feel that they deserve equal rights and also because you aren't personally affected.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:04 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,404 times
Quote:
I do not think there is much chance most of the gays and lesbians will vote for Republicans regardless. but remember, they are a very small part of our society.
It's not just gays; it's their friends, family, and other people who get turned off by Republican demagoguery on the issue.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:48 PM

805 posts, read 1,873,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
It's not just gays; it's their friends, family, and other people who get turned off by Republican demagoguery on the issue.
I agree, however, this may not be an issue in 2016, depending on the Supreme Court. We never know with the Supreme Court but I don't think DOMA will survive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections