Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 12:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,474,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I agree with you 100%, but there was still a difference, as I have said.
difference? For some i guess it goes like this...
.http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-euayG4c-IG...ama-kenyan.jpg

Old 02-17-2014, 03:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,651 times
Quote:
I am not really questioning either, I am simply saying there is a difference. One can be proved, the other can not.
So, let's see, you're "not questioning either, but one can be proved and the other can't"? So in other words, no matter what the State of Hawaii says, you still maintain that Obama's eligibility is "not provable?" But Cruz, for some odd reason, even though he wasn't even born in the U.S., arouses no suspicions in you and absolutely doesn't fall into that "not provable" bucket with you?

Yep, you sound exactly like every other birther to me. You might as well stop pretending that you aren't one--everyone reading your posts knows better.

ETA: For the record, Cruz is eligible. And so is Obama.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:51 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,172,762 times
Quote:
I hope there is no repeat of the Obama situation, no one needs to live through something like that again, but there is still a difference: in the case of Cruz, you are right, a simple explanation will settle the debate, in the case of Obama, there was a question as to the whereabouts and legalization of his birth certificate, huge difference.
Lol ladies and gentlemen of the jury, Exhibit A

And this is why I know it was all about obamas skin color and not his birth. Lets see, Obama and Cruz both have American mothers and foreign fathers. It is documented that Cruz was born outside of the us, yet you don't hear a peep from the birthers. Yes anyone born outside the u to an American parent is till conferred citizenship, that's the way it should be. Yet, had Obama been born in Kenya, folks wanted to make him ineligible.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,085,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So, let's see, you're "not questioning either, but one can be proved and the other can't"? So in other words, no matter what the State of Hawaii says, you still maintain that Obama's eligibility is "not provable?" But Cruz, for some odd reason, even though he wasn't even born in the U.S., arouses no suspicions in you and absolutely doesn't fall into that "not provable" bucket with you?

Yep, you sound exactly like every other birther to me. You might as well stop pretending that you aren't one--everyone reading your posts knows better.

ETA: For the record, Cruz is eligible. And so is Obama.
wow: am I getting feedback I didn't expect. I don't know how I can make it any clearer? I am not questioning either man and his eligibility to hold the office, I am simply saying, one is very black and white, the other kept the birthers (which I do not like) arguing the legality. I personally, am not doubting anything. Does everyone understand what I am saying now? Whether you do or you do not, I think we are beating a dead horse.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:18 AM

22,231 posts, read 19,542,460 times
Quote:
wow: am I getting feedback I didn't expect. I don't know how I can make it any clearer? I am not questioning either man and his eligibility to hold the office, I am simply saying, one is very black and white, the other kept the birthers (which I do not like) arguing the legality. I personally, am not doubting anything. Does everyone understand what I am saying now? Whether you do or you do not, I think we are beating a dead horse.

How did Obama keep the birthers arguing the legality?? He released the STATE CERTIFIED OFFICIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE that was VERIFIED by state officials. There is no more proof than that, it doesn't get more black and white than that. The birthers kept arguing because they are racist nutjob conspiracy nutswho couldn't stand the fact we had a black President.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:30 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,172,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
How did Obama keep the birthers arguing the legality?? He released the STATE CERTIFIED OFFICIAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE that was VERIFIED by state officials. There is no more proof than that, it doesn't get more black and white than that. The birthers kept arguing because they are racist nutjob conspiracy nutswho couldn't stand the fact we had a black President.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:43 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,651 times
Quote:
wow: am I getting feedback I didn't expect.
Why would you be surprised at the feedback when you make statements like this:

Quote:
In the case of Cruz, you are right, a simple explanation will settle the debate, in the case of Obama, there was a question as to the whereabouts and legalization of his birth certificate, huge difference.
Then when you get called on it, you quickly backtrack and claim you were misunderstood. But anyone who has read your posts on this subject over the last few years--and I know you and I have had this exact conversation before--has no such misunderstanding. You are very clearly saying that the State of Hawaii was not being truthful when they verified the president's birth certificate (or else how could there be a question as to the legality??), and those, my dear, are the words of a birther.

Own it. You are a birther. You are the only one here who thinks you can claim otherwise. There's no doubt for the rest of us.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:51 AM

22,231 posts, read 19,542,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Why would you be surprised at the feedback when you make statements like this:

Then when you get called on it, you quickly backtrack and claim you were misunderstood. But anyone who has read your posts on this subject over the last few years--and I know you and I have had this exact conversation before--has no such misunderstanding. You are very clearly saying that the State of Hawaii was not being truthful when they verified the president's birth certificate (or else how could there be a question as to the legality??), and those, my dear, are the words of a birther.

Own it. You are a birther. You are the only one here who thinks you can claim otherwise. There's no doubt for the rest of us.

I honestly don't think nmnita is a birther, but she refuses to call out other Republicans when they do or say heinous things. The fact she is trying to pass blame at Obama for not putting it to bed keeping the birthers going is absolutely asinine. You don't get anymore absolute in proof than a state certified and verified offical birth certificate

Old 02-18-2014, 10:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,282,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
As always, liberals will make any campaign about anything but the issues. It's the only way they have a chance at winning.
You have that wrong. It is a well known fact that Repub's attack the persons character and avoid the issues.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,736 times
Quote:
Does everyone understand what I am saying now?
not exactly so i'm asking, respectfully, to clarify a couple points.

Quote:
..... I am simply saying, one is very black and white, .....
i'm assuming you're talking about cruz here. at this point cruz has released online a scanned copy of his government issued birth certificate. this puts him on par with obama in june 2008. how does this make matters "black and white" for cruz but not obama?

Quote:
the other kept the birthers (which I do not like) arguing the legality.
and this i will assume is obama. he released his certificate of birth in june 2008 ( first presidential candidate to do so ) and it was confirmed by HI department of health officials in october 2008. exactly what legality do you believe existed after that and what exactly do you believe obama could have done to remedy the situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections