Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times

Advertisements

Neither Gov Walker, nor his team made a request to hold President Reagan's mother's Bible. Facts are terrible things. They expose naked phobic, foaming at the mouth, hate.

Gee, what else might Walkerphobes be wrong about, or just choose to mislead? Distortion, misrepresent, misunderstand, Walkerphobic agenda.

What buffoons. Can't even get a trash job right.

Reagan Library Curator: Scott Walker Is More Reagan-y Than I Said

Quote:
While Torres said Walker's advance team did inquire about an opportunity for the governor to view the Bible, the governor was genuinely surprised when he got to hold it himself, according to the report.

"It was the Reagan Foundation's request to actually pull the Bible from the case and allow Gov. Walker to hold the Bible," Torres told the AP. "It was not Gov. Walker nor his team's idea to request that we remove it from the case or take a picture of the governor with it."
Quote:
A Reagan Foundation spokeswoman told the AP that Walker probably thought the former first lady had pulled strings for him because her chief of staff had to give permission for the Bible to be removed from its display.

"She knew Mrs. Reagan would also like the idea and we shared that with him," spokeswoman Melissa Giller told the AP in an email. "We aren't sure how the other story got out (that it was his idea), and we feel badly about it because nothing about it was his idea."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 07:38 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Walker touted investments he's made in rural health care to Iowans while totally cutting this program in his current budget.

Scott Walker's budget cuts the rural health programs he touted at Iowa Ag Summit : Ct

Another example of Walker urinating on Iowans' faces and telling them it is rain!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:07 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Just wait! Scott Walker will make Sarah Palin look like an intellectual! I am close enough to WI to hear that clown and my impression is that he is too dumb to realize how dumb he is.
Why does Wisconsin keep voting for him? That state has never struck me as a bunch of poorly educated right wingers who can identify with a bonehead like Walker and be swayed by his song.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Partial truth at best. I'm in a generous mood this morning. But, this is the second in a row trash job you attempted that was easily proved wrong. The first being the 'Reagan Bible' attempted trash job. I don't have time to follow you around the internet, but I'm sure if I did, we would find that 90% of what you say is true, is not.

As the late Paul Harvey said, "Now for the rest of the story." From the link to the Wisconsin Rural Physicians Residency Assistance Program Annual Report, bottom of page 5, December 2014. The Annual Report was referenced and the 'proof' (lol) link you provided in your post. https://www.fammed.wisc.edu/sites/de...014-wrprap.pdf

The numbers represent the number of residency positions funded.

2009-2010: 54

2010--2011 (Walker's first term): 56

2011-2012: 61

2012-2013: 71

2013-2014: 65

2015-2016 (projected, based on biennial budget): 61 (-3.62)

Wow! Funding still provides for an 18% higher head count, then before Gov Walker's initial election in 2010.

Indeed, Gov Walker has grown the program. This post deserves five
Reading is key. (which is why a college degree is so valuable. )

Quote:
Walker's 2015-17 budget deletes the rural physician residency assistance program, administered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health's Department of Family Medicine. The proposal calls for cutting a little more than $750,000 and 3.62 positions in 2016-17.
Read more: Scott Walker's budget cuts the rural health programs he touted at Iowa Ag Summit : Ct

Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Why does Wisconsin keep voting for him? That state has never struck me as a bunch of poorly educated right wingers who can identify with a bonehead like Walker and be swayed by his song.
WI still has plenty of rural, uneducated, white, old men who vote.

Old 03-21-2015, 06:39 PM

Walker would have a case to make to GOP voters if his policies yielded higher job growth, but they haven't.

Quote:
This week brought another dose of bad news for Walker: his state fell to 38th in the nation in job growth for the year ended Sept. 30, 2014, at 1.16%, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Wisconsin's budget situation is dire, with state tax revenue increasing at a fraction of the rate of the median state--4% vs. 20%--in 2011-14. In February, the state announced it would delay a scheduled $108-million principal payment on its debt. Under Walker, Wisconsinites seem to be facing a double-whammy--lousy performance at the state level, and a continuing assault on their household income.
Could Wisconsin's Scott Walker now abolish the weekend? - LA Times

Old 03-22-2015, 07:41 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Incredibly dense conclusion. When a program is increased, year after year after year...then reduced slightly leaving an overall increase of ~18% from the base year; that is called growth. +, +, +, +, +, -. See how that works? This explains why Walkerphobics have been on the losing side against Walker in six straight elections, ( three as Milwaukee County Executive, plus three as Governor), over a twelve year period.

There is a reason phobias, like Walkerphobia is described as a derangement, accompanied by irrational hate and/or fear. Bring out the Dunce Caps and sit all of the Walkerphobes in a corner. Idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Reading is key. (which is why a college degree is so valuable. )

Read more: Scott Walker's budget cuts the rural health programs he touted at Iowa Ag Summit : Ct

Old 03-22-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Incredibly dense conclusion. When a program is increased, year after year after year...then reduced slightly leaving an overall increase of ~18% from the base year; that is called growth. +, +, +, +, +, -. See how that works? This explains why Walkerphobics have been on the losing side against Walker in six straight elections, ( three as Milwaukee County Executive, plus three as Governor), over a twelve year period.

There is a reason phobias, like Walkerphobia is described as a derangement, accompanied by irrational hate and/or fear. Bring out the Dunce Caps and sit all of the Walkerphobes in a corner. Idiots.
I only report the facts. Better to state your position using actual facts and sources for those facts, as I do, rather than to respond with personal attacks.

Again;
Quote:
Walker's 2015-17 budget deletes the rural physician residency assistance program, administered by the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Medicine and Public Health's Department of Family Medicine.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post

I bet you didn't know, Progressive Politics was born in Wisconsin. So it must be a burn, to have a rather Conservative running the show, in a sea of Blue.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Joe McCarthy, the notorious red hunter of the 50s, also came form Wisconsin. The state has elected extremes from either party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections