Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 07:46 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,187,454 times

Advertisements

Walker is the Pawlenty of 2016. He'll be out of it before March, 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 08:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,279,369 times
Scott Walker is is in all likelihood not going to be the GOP candidate and not because of the degree issue, but because he is proving himself to be an indecisive wimp. There are defining moments in a campaign and it is doubtful he can get past the wimp factor on full display this week unless he grows a pair very quickly. The guy has done nothing but waffle for the last two weeks--his general indecisiveness and inability to take a stand has only served to make Jeb Bush and Rand Paul appear stronger. The longer he's in the public eye, the less impressive he becomes. Walker reminds me of Santorum.

Scott Walker

Gov. Scott Walker:

Scott Walker

Scott Walker Falls Flat On His Face When Asked About Foreign Policy On ABC

Old 02-22-2015, 08:29 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,887,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Scott Walker is is in all likelihood not going to be the GOP candidate and not because of the degree issue, but because he is proving himself to be an indecisive wimp. There are defining moments in a campaign and it is doubtful he can get past the wimp factor on full display this week unless he grows a pair very quickly. The guy has done nothing but waffle for the last two weeks--his general indecisiveness and inability to take a stand has only served to make Jeb Bush and Rand Paul appear stronger. The longer he's in the public eye, the less impressive he becomes. Walker reminds me of Santorum.

Scott Walker

Gov. Scott Walker:

Scott Walker

.....seeing liberal journalists trying to attack Walker for the sin of being polite and diplomatic in his response to questions will only make Republican primary voters like him more: it's an attack that doesn't stick and the very fact that the people making the attacks are making the attempt is a signal that he's a good potential candidate. Basically the accusation has to be more negative than the fact that the people making it feel the need to make it is positive, and this isn't.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:37 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
.....seeing liberal journalists trying to attack Walker for the sin of being polite and diplomatic in his response to questions will only make Republican primary voters like him more: it's an attack that doesn't stick and the very fact that the people making the attacks are making the attempt is a signal that he's a good potential candidate. Basically the accusation has to be more negative than the fact that the people making it feel the need to make it is positive, and this isn't.
Yep, the more the left attacks Walker the better off Walker will be.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Walker has not been good for Wisconsin. Walker did not create the jobs he promised.

Now, just so that Walker can put lipstick on his huge deficit budget Pig, Walker is skipping a loan payment in May!

Quote:
- Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, facing a $283 million deficit that needs to be closed by the end of June, will skip more than $100 million in debt payments to balance the books thrown into disarray by his tax cuts.

The move comes as Walker, 47, mounts a 2016 bid for the Republican presidential nomination, and while his state is under stress from a projected shortfall that could exceed $2 billion in the two-year budget beginning in July.
Wisconsin to Skip Debt Payments to Make Up for Walker

Does defaulting on loan payments because of a created budget deficit, represent the values of Republicans?

Old 02-25-2015, 07:46 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Scott Walker

Gov. Scott Walker:

Scott Walker

I'd take Walker over Jeb.

If Walker plays his cards just right, he will have the grassroots that put him into office. The same grassroots that came out in force, to silence the spoiled brats screaming & throwing a fit just to get their way.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:05 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,401,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Does defaulting on loan payments because of a created budget deficit, represent the values of Republicans?
Republicans are totally cool with "borrow and spend" and "kicking the can down the road" as long as a Republican in power is doing it. If it's a Democrat in power, it becomes a mortal sin.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:08 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,420,346 times
Walker definitely has the numbers, though its so early its hard to say. I do know one thing though and that is that Jeb Bush has a lot of money and will likely carpet bomb whoever the GOP front runner is (assuming its not himself) with negative ads in all the early states.

Old 02-25-2015, 09:46 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I agree but Doberman Hillary Clinton will actually use the tactic of getting people to attack her and then get all Weepy Wilma, poor little me, when they do "pick on her because she's a woman...and a grandma."

Old 02-25-2015, 10:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
A recent CNN report showed that in Iowa straw polls he is the most favorable republican candidate over Jeb and Christie. I don't have enough knowledge about him to really be for or and against him, just like most candidates (barring the Tea Party who I am against except for Paul who I might be for.) I'm awaiting the debates to figure out where I stand, just like most elections for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections