Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone support people that want to deny you the same level of legal protections and benefits that they themselves enjoy, that would simply be nuts.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:52 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
But not what the media is trying to spin it to.
Just goes to show how desperate Republicans in Iowa are for anyone who's willing to tell them what they want to hear. Bachmann won Iowa, and how far did she get? Not very far.

The media spun nothing. It only reported the facts. If you're willing to swallow Cruz' hypocrisy, that's your right, but don't expect everyone to be so gullible. Hypocrisy will choke you if you swallow enough of it.

Cruz knows he's in trouble, and he's tap dancing, hoping the voters will watch his magic feet instead of listening to what's coming out of his mouth. Sooner or later, he will have to quit the dancing and face the music.

Old 04-28-2015, 02:09 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why would anyone support people that want to deny you the same level of legal protections and benefits that they themselves enjoy, that would simply be nuts.
To some people namely those oppresed, I doubt they would want someone who is willing to keep them separate but unequal just because they would prefer other policies. Not saying they can't but it is a bit of a rarity.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,268,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they want to engage in same-sex marriage- they may just want to engage in same-sex sex.

And there are many other issues out there, from taxes to tariffs to abortion and gun control, which they may prioritize higher.

Old 04-28-2015, 03:34 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,255,036 times
Quote:
Being gay in the USA, is the least of many gay Americans problems.

To a few, you would think it was the only problem of 4% of the American population.
It seems to be something you dwell a lot though.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:47 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,245,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
Some people have the maturity to understand that there's a whole big wide world outside of their bedroom and who they share it with.

A voter may not agree with Cruz on gay marriage, but may agree enough on issues they consider more important. Why is this such a difficult concept to understand?

Fiscal responsibility and Federal constitutional matters may be more important than LGBT issues, even to some in that community.

We all share this world and this country, and no candidate is going to agree with us on 100% of the issues, unless we're the one running. No candidate is my soulmate, I have to pick and choose based on what issues need fixing first. Why should the LGBT community be any different?
Because there's a bid difference between disagreeing on policy and "I HATE YOU AND WANT YOU DISAPPEARED BACK INTO THE CLOSET!"

THere certainly are gay Republicans. I know a couple. They're rare, and from what I can tell, have a certain level of psychological disorder. I'm sure you can find a black man who loves the KKK too... somewhere.

Old 04-28-2015, 04:57 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Quote:
No... Gay people certainly cannot fathom, one of their own, thinking for themselves. They wish to speak for him.

Progressives, in both parties, always promote tolerance but fail to live up to their own standards the moment someone disagrees with them.
It is good to be a conservative in the dog eat dog world. At least you don't get to put on milkbone underwear, and get eaten by your own.

Gay hotel owners face boycott threats after hosting Ted Cruz dinner - CBS News

When a prominent hotel owner, who happens to be gay, hosted a dinner for Ted Cruz in order to learn more about him ― the left again unleashed a wave of hate.
Does this really matter if Cruz just can not swallow the Gay Life Style.? But I guarantee Cruz would serve Gay people because they are under the protection of the Bill of rights and the Constitution.

Let me give you guys whom think everything is a Gay Issue. Its not and we have bigger fish to fry than dealing with the 1 % of people whom think they are gay or lead that life. People in General are not comfortable seeing 2 men or 2 women being affectionate in public.
Maybe in a 100 years, but not now.

We have a Country to get back on track!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,375,811 times
Gay marriage is pretty low on my list of priorities for 2016. For me the problem of gays getting beheaded, and what to do about that is the higher priority:

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe vows to behead gays.
ISIS Barbarians Behead Blindfolded Homosexuals as Crowd Cheers | The Gateway Pundit

I prefer the 'civil union' approach, but if people can't live w/out gay marriage, I would not put up much of a fight.

We're probably going to get in 2016 one candidate who opposes 'gay marriage,' and the other who opposed it until 2013, whereupon she became an enthusiastic cheerleader. I'm more interested in what the candidates want to do about the beheadings of gays.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:33 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,891,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Gay marriage is pretty low on my list of priorities for 2016. For me the problem of gays getting beheaded, and what to do about that is the higher priority:

Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe vows to behead gays.
ISIS Barbarians Behead Blindfolded Homosexuals as Crowd Cheers | The Gateway Pundit

I prefer the 'civil union' approach, but if people can't live w/out gay marriage, I would not put up much of a fight.

We're probably going to get in 2016 one candidate who opposes 'gay marriage,' and the other who opposed it until 2013, whereupon she became an enthusiastic cheerleader. I'm more interested in what the candidates want to do about the beheadings of gays.
Yes I for one would like to see a Candidate protect American Industry and Look at these so Call Trade Agreements?
That would be a good start!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:45 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they want to engage in same-sex marriage- they may just want to engage in same-sex sex.

And there are many other issues out there, from taxes to tariffs to abortion and gun control, which they may prioritize higher.
There are other legalities besides marriage. But I grant a handful of gays MIGHT consider other issues a higher priority than their own rights, I have yet to met any, but it is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections