Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 07:41 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,623 times

Advertisements

Why are conservatives angry that liberals and gay people are using the free market to express their dislike over a business? The Teabaggers always extol how wonderful capitalism is until it affects them then whine like little children when people exercise their consumer rights in a way they don't like. All the Tea Partiers boycotting the Davinci Code, Michael Moore, Starbucks, Target and Ben & Jerry's sound just a bit hypocritical.

A question for conservatives: would you continue patronizing a shooting range whose owner held a campaign fundraiser for Hillary?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they want to engage in same-sex marriage- they may just want to engage in same-sex sex.

And there are many other issues out there, from taxes to tariffs to abortion and gun control, which they may prioritize higher.
I see this and wonder if straight bachelor's for-life want to abolish marriage for straight people because they don't want it. The homosexual, bisexuals and heterosexuals who want gay marriage may or may not want to get married, they just want them to be treated by equals under the law.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:25 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Why are conservatives angry that liberals and gay people are using the free market to express their dislike over a business? The Teabaggers always extol how wonderful capitalism is until it affects them then whine like little children when people exercise their consumer rights in a way they don't like. All the Tea Partiers boycotting the Davinci Code, Michael Moore, Starbucks, Target and Ben & Jerry's sound just a bit hypocritical.

A question for conservatives: would you continue patronizing a shooting range whose owner held a campaign fundraiser for Hillary?

Looks more like just being the typical bully to me.
Conservatives don't like bullies.

Picking on him, because they don't like his friend.... I kicked the crap out of a lot of those type of bullies, in school.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:41 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Looks more like just being the typical bully to me.
Conservatives don't like bullies.

Picking on him, because they don't like his friend.... I kicked the crap out of a lot of those type of bullies, in school.
Conservatives don't like bullies now? Rush Limbaugh and George W. Bush have fallen out of favor? You beating the crap out of gay people and their friends in your school days doesn't help your cause.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolZombie View Post
Conservatives don't like bullies now? Rush Limbaugh and George W. Bush have fallen out of favor? You beating the crap out of gay people and their friends in your school days doesn't help your cause.

Hell, I was the little dude that they thought they could pick on. I was in no position to bully anyone. Just don't bully me.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:38 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,642 times
Good grief, it appears some on this forum prefer to make assumptions about Cruz based on left wing MSM talking points. Heck, here is an excerpt from the WP that quotes Ted's view on gay marriage, then goes on to twist things to reflect it's fear mongering about the man. Ted's quote:

“Now, personally, I believe in traditional marriage between one man and one woman, but if you want to change the marriage laws, the way to do it constitutionally is convince your fellow citizens, go to the state legislature, and change it. It shouldn’t be the federal government or unelected judges imposing their own definition of marriage — we should instead respect our constitutional system.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/27/ignorant-gay-man-sorry-for-hosting-ted-cruz-but-may-have-done-it-for-israel/

Cruz firmly believes in the Constitution, therefore the federal gov't should play a limited role in this, and other issues. If elected, he's not going to force his Christian beliefs on the masses, good Lord.
As far as patronizing a shooting range whose owner fund raised for Hillary? Frankly, the owner can do whatever the dickens she/he wants re political beliefs, I don't give a darn. First, it's none of my business who he supports, and second, I respect that others may not hold my pov about things, but it in no way diminishes them as a person, IMO. Would I boycott the shooting range, scream on social media in an attempt to close it down, and make threatening calls? No. And those who partake in that type of behavior are narcissists; only caring about forcing someone to adhere to their beliefs instead of accepting that everyone is different, thus their views may also be different than others.

Last edited by Arabianhorsebreeder; 04-28-2015 at 10:51 PM..

Old 04-28-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Good grief, it appears some on this forum prefer to make assumptions about Cruz based on left wing MSM talking points. Heck, here is an excerpt from the WP that quotes Ted's view on gay marriage, then goes on to twist things to reflect it's fear mongering about the man. Ted's quote:

“Now, personally, I believe in traditional marriage between one man and one woman, but if you want to change the marriage laws, the way to do it constitutionally is convince your fellow citizens, go to the state legislature, and change it. It shouldn’t be the federal government or unelected judges imposing their own definition of marriage — we should instead respect our constitutional system.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/27/ignorant-gay-man-sorry-for-hosting-ted-cruz-but-may-have-done-it-for-israel/

Cruz firmly believes in the Constitution, therefore the federal gov't should play a limited role in this, and other issues. If elected, he's not going to force his Christian beliefs on the masses, good Lord.
I'd like to reply with a snipped excerpt from a previous post on another thread of mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The Big Gubmint that created Jim Crows, wasn't the feds, it was "state's rights" Big Gumbint. So yes, Big Gubmint did create Jim Crow but not what people traditionally think Big Gubmint is. The laws had to exist for Supreme Court cases to be heard. Remember, it wasn't until Democrats (not Dixiecrats) and Republicans signed the Civil Rights Act to make it so that they didn't just base it on a series of Supreme Court rulings. I'm not going to say Paul is for racism, what he is for is the ability for states to decide they are. This is what I call pocket veto racism because it is similar to a president allowing congress to pass bills without signing by congress meeting 10 days.
Cruz may not sign a bill into law banning gay marriage but he'll allow discrimination by pocket vetoing but instead of it by congress, he's allowing states to pass Jim Crow laws allowing gays no to have truly equal rights. And yet people wonder why I can't vote for Cruz.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I'd like to reply with a snipped excerpt from a previous post on another thread of mine.

Cruz may not sign a bill into law banning gay marriage but he'll allow discrimination by pocket vetoing but instead of it by congress, he's allowing states to pass Jim Crow laws allowing gays no to have truly equal rights. And yet people wonder why I can't vote for Cruz.

And you know this how? Link please.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
And you know this how? Link please.
He said he is up for states to deciding which means he is fine with states allowing gays to be denied to marry by sexual orientation and for bisexuals and demisexuals, by sexual preference in the link from your post.

Old 04-28-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
He said he is up for states to deciding which means he is fine with states allowing gays to be denied to marry by sexual orientation and for bisexuals and demisexuals, by sexual preference in the link from your post.
States are representative of its citizens, therefore if the issue of gay marriage is keft to each individual state, the voters decide whether gay marriage ia to be allowed, not Ted Cruz or the gov't. Have you studied the Constitution?

Hillsdale college offers a free course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections