Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 08:16 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,576,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I see, so opposing "traditional" marriage for gays but ok with a civil union is being hard right? Being pro-life is being hard right? Opposing illegal immigration and another amnesty is being hard right? WTH has happened to our country when common sense and morality is considered to be hard right?

If you don't know what has happened, let me clue you in. Its 2015 not 1960 where all is well and the old folks who go to Church on Sundays rule, and then tell us what we must do to please God. More people think for themselves now days, and sure, it has its problems, but we don't need some "Right Wing" Nutcase telling women what they can not do or can do, and defining what Marriage is for all of us, according to their opinion of what their God may want. And we certainly don't need the Tea Party, who are nothing more than a Bunch of "would be" domestic Terrorists with extreme leanings.

I could go along with his "Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Stance" but he blew that right out of the water when he shut down the Government to the cost of Billions. That's not what a "sane" man does, that claims he fights for citizens. There is no "common sense" in that Cruz brain. Just a self serving Agenda.

Here is a Nightmare. Imagine Cruz as President, Ryan as VP, and a Tea Party Congress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 06:31 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's funny. Time for smoke and Mirrors. Reflect and deflect. Nice try, but no cigar. ....wait, no, ...it wasn't even a nice try. It was comical. Cruz is an Extremist. Go to he Dictionary and look up "Extremist." His picture is there.

I find those that hate the US Constitution the extremist. Ted would not be one of those.

Hasn't Obama violated the Constitution 9 times, according to the SC....

Old 06-03-2015, 03:34 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
If you don't know what has happened, let me clue you in. Its 2015 not 1960 where all is well and the old folks who go to Church on Sundays rule, and then tell us what we must do to please God. More people think for themselves now days, and sure, it has its problems, but we don't need some "Right Wing" Nutcase telling women what they can not do or can do, and defining what Marriage is for all of us, according to their opinion of what their God may want. And we certainly don't need the Tea Party, who are nothing more than a Bunch of "would be" domestic Terrorists with extreme leanings.

I could go along with his "Illegal Immigration and Amnesty Stance" but he blew that right out of the water when he shut down the Government to the cost of Billions. That's not what a "sane" man does, that claims he fights for citizens. There is no "common sense" in that Cruz brain. Just a self serving Agenda.

Here is a Nightmare. Imagine Cruz as President, Ryan as VP, and a Tea Party Congress.

Just curious, did you or anyone here, call your Congressional representative during the so-called "shutdown"? I did. In fact, I called the offices of Reid, McConnell, Boehner, Pelosi, Lee, Schumer, and Cruz during that time. Funny, every call to a dem office was received by a voice mail stating, Due to the current government shutdown, this office is closed until further notice." Every call I made to a Republican office was answered by staff, except Boehner's. I call his office often and it's not uncommon for callers to be encouraged to leave a message.

Who was claiming a gov't "shutdown"? Looks like the dems did a fine job fooling low-info voters.

Old 06-03-2015, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I find those that hate the US Constitution the extremist. Ted would not be one of those.

Hasn't Obama violated the Constitution 9 times, according to the SC....

May be 11 if the SC rules against Obamacare and amnesty.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Just curious, did you or anyone here, call your Congressional representative during the so-called "shutdown"? I did. In fact, I called the offices of Reid, McConnell, Boehner, Pelosi, Lee, Schumer, and Cruz during that time. Funny, every call to a dem office was received by a voice mail stating, Due to the current government shutdown, this office is closed until further notice." Every call I made to a Republican office was answered by staff, except Boehner's. I call his office often and it's not uncommon for callers to be encouraged to leave a message.

Who was claiming a gov't "shutdown"? Looks like the dems did a fine job fooling low-info voters.
Cruz filibustered real proposals to keep campaign promises. I can't trust that snake. He maybe smart but I can't vote for someone I don't trust, that includes HRC.

Last edited by mkpunk; 06-03-2015 at 08:21 PM..

Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cruz fill8bustered real proposals to keep campaign promises. I can't trust that snake. He maybe smart but I can't vote for someone I don't trust, that includes HRC.

He said what he was going to do and he has done everything he can, to accomplish what he said. Even succeeding many times.

Rare in today's bait & switch politics.

I trust him to be the same as a leader of our centralized Government. Get it the hell out of our lives. END THE FED!

Old 06-03-2015, 08:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
He said what he was going to do and he has done everything he can, to accomplish what he said. Even succeeding many times.

I trust him to be the same as a leader of our centralized Government. Get it the hell out of our lives. END THE FED!
It's not that I don't trust he will uphold the promises he makes, what I don't trust is the promises he wants to keep.

Old 06-03-2015, 11:13 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
I didn't think any Republicans would joke about Biden this week, but Cruz didn't let the death of the man's son stop him.

There's a difference between extremism and hate.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:43 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
Quote:

Bow,

Is there a government in the civilized world that doesn't have its own version of the Fed?

Old 06-05-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I didn't think any Republicans would joke about Biden this week, but Cruz didn't let the death of the man's son stop him.

There's a difference between extremism and hate.

Yes, let's talk about hate, shall we? Any thoughts or comments about the vitriol spewed about Sarah Palin and her baby with Down's Syndrome? I don't recall hearing any apologies from any of those who degraded her, did you? Cruz immediately apologized for his slip up, much more than any lib has done regarding Palin. Here's a video and a short list of the wonderful things said about Palin from people who claim to have class:

The Vicious Media Attacks on Sarah Palin

Scroll down and take a look at the remarks. Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections