Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump Fans: Will You Take Responsibility for His Loss?
Yes, I will take responsibility for his loss 5 22.73%
I'll blame the media 7 31.82%
I'll blame the RNC 2 9.09%
I'll blame ___________. 8 36.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 08:50 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
latest poll???? LMAO!!! I guess that's final set in stone!

Lets study and look closely your 1 poll. It says:
The AP-GfK Poll of 1,007 adults was conducted online Dec. 3-7, using a sample drawn from GfK's probability-based KnowledgePanel, which is designed to be representative of the U.S. population. The margin of sampling error for all respondents is plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.

MOST SUPPORT CITIZENSHIP
A majority of Americans — 54 percent — support a way for immigrants who are already in the country illegally to become citizens, while 44 percent are opposed. More than 7 in 10 Democrats are in favor, while about 6 in 10 Republicans are opposed.
Still, a significant minority of Republicans — 4 in 10 — do support a path to citizenship. Four in 10 conservative Republicans and 3 in 10 tea party Republicans favor a path to citizenship for immigrants already in the country illegally.
Six in 10 Americans, including three-quarters of Democrats and nearly half of Republicans, favor providing immigrants who were brought to the country illegally as children with a way to stay in the country legally.
___
NOT A DEALBREAKER FOR GOP
The new poll shows that while tough rhetoric on immigration appeals to a majority of Republicans, most still don't consider it a deal breaker issue.

My conclusion using logic and intelligence:

1) 1,007 people doesn't represent a country of 320 million people and 50 states.

2) its says it interviewed 1,007 adults. It doesn't say how many Democrats versus Republicans versus independents. If they interviewed more Democrats than it explains their 54% result with a margin of error of 3% then is not really a majority and the poll is misleading.

3) The poll says "is not a dealbreaker for the GOP" which is FALSE. No Republican Candidate who is for AMNESTY can win the nomination. That's why Jeb Bush is at 3% in the primary with all the money and name recognition he has . The Top 3 GOP candidates at the polls are against amnesty. Even Rubio changed his tune because he knows he can't win the nomination if he is for full blown amnesty.

4) and the most important, polls are misleading in complex issues. You get a different result depending how you ask the question, for example, if you ask Americans should foreign lawbreakers get special treatment and get citizenship you would get a different result or if you ask should ALL U.S. LAWS be enforced and you get a different result ....its all in how you package the question and how you cherry pick the people to get a result you want.

I hope next time the media throws you 1 poll over a complex issue , you put things under perspective and look deeply how they did the poll in details before you come here and say that represents the whole country and its final....lol
It is not just one poll. Most polls have been showing the same result for years now. Those polls are conducted the same way, same sample size, as election polls that prove to be pretty accurate at election time.
You may be right about who can win the GOP nomination, however those that do favor some sort of pathway to legal status are currently polling better in the general then those that do not.
But I won't argue about it, time will tell in November.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:04 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
It is not just one poll. Most polls have been showing the same result for years now. Those polls are conducted the same way, same sample size, as election polls that prove to be pretty accurate at election time.
You may be right about who can win the GOP nomination, however those that do favor some sort of pathway to legal status are currently polling better in the general then those that do not.
But I won't argue about it, time will tell in November.

most polls????? if that's the case AMNESTY would be the LAW today.

we already have a pathway to legal citizenship, its already law but millions of foreign nationals refuse to follow the law.

let me ask you something, if they already refuse to obey the laws in the books which clearly states how to be legal in this country, what makes you think they will obey a new law and pay a fine?

and you can't have any new law without securing the border first which most Americans agree.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:22 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
you want polls? Rasmussen Poll.

1) 80% rate illegal immigration as a serious problem: 80% Rate Illegal Immigration A Serious Problem - Rasmussen Reports™

2) Most Agree with Trump that Illegal Immigration Increases Crime: Most Agree with Trump that Illegal Immigration Increases Crime - Rasmussen Reports™

3) Most Voters want more aggressive deportation policies: Most Voters Want More Aggressive Deportation Policies - Rasmussen Reports™

4) Voters Still Say NO to Obama's Amnesty Plan: Voters Still Say No to Obama

Most Americans want border security first!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.