Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2016, 06:07 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,999,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Two new polls just come out this morning
Texas +10
Ohio +15
So they should both be LIKELY for Clinton now.
That Texas poll is really good news for Sanders. Texas is a huge part of Super Tuesday, and getting plenty of delegates there is good for the future. When the election moves towards the western states later on in the campaign, the territory is more favorable with more rural and working class states with an independent streak in addition to more progressive states.

Old 02-23-2016, 06:29 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,326,806 times
When there are multiple current polls, I'd go with an average rather assume any individual poll represents more than one individual poll. So for instance, Hillary is up an average of 22+ in TX based on three recent polls. As more info starts to come in, then we'll know if that new poll is a trend or an outlier.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:21 AM

22,239 posts, read 19,554,183 times
Quote:
This is an overall snapshot of the race right now based on the available polls. I will keep updating each time new polls come in, so things will change as new polls come in.

Solid for Sanders: Vermont, West Virginia

Likely for Sanders: Alaska, Maine, Utah

Leaning for Sanders: Colorado, Massachusetts

Toss-ups: Oklahoma, Wisconsin

Leaning for Clinton: Minnesota, Missouri, Oregon

Likely for Clinton: California, Connecticut, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, Virginia

Solid for Clinton: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee

Not enough data for the remaining 13 states and D.C.
Not that bad of a list, though I would caution not reading that much into polls conducted prior to when voting began.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:37 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,767,288 times
Wink New Gallup Poll - Most Common Reacton To Hillary Clinton -> LIAR

I suppose there really isn't new news here. Americans think Hillary Clinton is a liar. In fact they seem to equate her name to being a liar. I don't think I remember any candidate running for President where the candidate's name was synonymous with liar.

This Is The Most Common Reaction Americans Have To Hillary Clinton | Zero Hedge

Old 02-23-2016, 08:14 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,987,421 times
New NBC national poll shows Hillary still leading double digits, in fact it seems like her lead widened a bit from the period she suffered the big NH loss:
Where the Democratic Race Stands Going Into South Carolina - NBC News

Old 02-23-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
New NBC national poll shows Hillary still leading double digits, in fact it seems like her lead widened a bit from the period she suffered the big NH loss:
Where the Democratic Race Stands Going Into South Carolina - NBC News
Some very good news there. Sanders is now neck and neck with Hillary among hispanics, which shows that Nevada was no fluke. If he can continue this positive trend, things look very good in later states.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,326,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Some very good news there. Sanders is now neck and neck with Hillary among hispanics, which shows that Nevada was no fluke. If he can continue this positive trend, things look very good in later states.
I wouldn't get too excited.

Quote:
This slight advantage over Sanders does not hold across all Hispanic age groups, however. When further breaking down Hispanic support, Sanders' strong popularity among millennial voters holds. Sanders does better than Clinton among Hispanic voters under age 35 by 26 points — 60 percent to 34 percent. For Hispanic voters older than 35, however, Clinton is the favorite over Sanders by nearly the same margin — 30 points.
And we know that people who are older are far more likely to get out and actually vote.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:44 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,987,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Well Clinton and Sanders are essentially tied among whites too in NV, so that's bad news for Sanders too...

Old 02-23-2016, 08:54 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,171,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I wouldn't get too excited.

And we know that people who are older are far more likely to get out and actually vote.
For some reason, he's obsessed with Latinos when he's ignoring that it was only younger Latinos who were excited about him, similar to younger whites. I think it's a projection because he's mad African Americans aren't voting in massive margins for Clinton.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
For some reason, he's obsessed with Latinos when he's ignoring that it was only younger Latinos who were excited about him, similar to younger whites. I think it's a projection because he's mad African Americans aren't voting in massive margins for Clinton.
Are you talking about me? Why not address me?

A month ago it was said that Sanders could only attract whites. His supporters were lily white. Now he's neck and neck with Hillary among hispanics. Thats good news.

The media is obsessed with race, but it really is a generational gap, where people younger than 40 overwhelmingly prefer Sanders while the people over 45 overwhelmingly support Clinton. I think it has to do with where people get their news from.

My prediction is that the longer the race continues the more support he'll get as he's still not known many places, while Clinton has 99.9% national recognition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections