Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2016, 06:17 AM

89,216 posts, read 44,965,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Florida polls are going to change a lot now that Trump is a loser in Iowa.
Really? Evangelicals are going to influence the Florida vote? /ROFLMAO

Old 02-02-2016, 06:20 AM

30,111 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
That's it, Trump is done.
Like Yogi Berra said, "It aint over, 'til it's over".

Old 02-02-2016, 06:20 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
How will Trump react? Will he be humble in defeat?
Trump lost his inevitability factor last night. I'm curious to see how he reacts too. If he mans-up he could come out of NH stronger than ever, but if he gets petulant he'll start bleeding supporters. Americans don't mind losing, but don't whine about it.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:21 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,216,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Donny asked: How stupid are the people of Iowa?

A: Not as stupid as he'd hoped.
I couldn't rep you again!

Old 02-02-2016, 06:22 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,216,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
so the question about Trump rally attendance is pretty much answered.....yuuge attendance equates to diddly-squat.

Urban Dictionary: diddly squat
Probably a goodly portion of those attendees are probably Trumplet groupies who follow their Messiah from rally to rally ...

Old 02-02-2016, 06:23 AM

653 posts, read 787,598 times
HA!! Trump loses to Cruz in Iowa. Maybe that will give him a reality check...

Old 02-02-2016, 06:23 AM

26,003 posts, read 22,192,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Poor Ben, he found out Cruz will do anything to win. Cruz has that in common with Hillary. Will Ben make a comeback ? Maybe those clothes he needed in Florida included a super hero costume.
Yes, Carson was a little slow in realizing that. Cruz had already proved that he was deceitful when he "forgot" about his loans.

The issue with religious narcissists is that they start to believe they are endowed by God to a point that nothing is wrong if they do it in God's name. Hell has a special place for these people that disgrace the name of God.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:26 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

So the delegate accumulation process is going to be a real grind with three candidates like this. Unless one of them somehow breaks out, this could take a while.
Good. Each man represents something very different. The GOP is lucky to have such a diversity of candidates, whereas the Democrats have one candidate who'll just continue Obama's policies and another who'll double down on them. Let the grind continue and let the country make a real choice of direction.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:26 AM

30,111 posts, read 18,712,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Hillary and Bernie are in a close tie even though Hillary got a few more delegates under her belt. For Hillary and her big money backers this is not the result they should have gotten. Being the establishments choice she should have done much better.

Cruz won but what has he won other than publicity and saying he came in first in the general vote. He currently only has one more delegate than Trump and Rubio which each have 7 delegates so far. Trump wasn't able to pull it off but will it hurt him going into New Hampshire with such a sizable lead there. Rubio came in strong and almost tied Trump but did he really do all that good. He is the establishments candidate and was going against Cruz which is supposedly hate by his own party and trump an outsider that has criticized the Republican party endlessly.

I don't think anyone really won but at the same time it can be said that both parties lost. The Democratic party was not able to propel Hillary into a big win and the same thing can be said about the Republican party and Rubio. With all of the money and influential backers Hillary and Rubio should have been number one in the polls and easily won by a substantial lead. One thing is clear to me, many people are not interested in establishment candidates this time around and are looking for other choices. We will have to wait and see if the two establishment candidates are able to pull it off in the end but as of now that are having a tough time.

I was at the caucuses. I have NEVER seen such crowds before; I had to park in the snow/grass (fortunately I was driving my 4 wheel drive pick up). Our precinct has half the building for the dems and half for the republicans. The raw numbers of people for the republican side was much larger, but we live in a very affluent precinct. Turnouts for dems in university towns exceeded that seen for Obama.

A few things:

1. We can expect large turnouts in other states

2. People are tired of the establishment candidates

3. The 'big money" PAC funded campaigns failed to deliver

4. Iowa rarely picks the republican candidate, but often the dem candidate

5. For the first time I can remember, there were TONS of people from out of state attending the caucuses (not voting, but stumping). ALL of the "speakers" for the candiates were people from out of state.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,933,198 times
gloating sometimes has a nasty backlash.

they might learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.