Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 05:17 PM

34,015 posts, read 17,041,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It is sad that sympathizers, now that evidence comes out, are quibbling over whether "only" a thousand muslims celebrated or "thousands" celebrated.

Amen. We should deport anyone who was celebrating. Let them wreck a different country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They absolutely did. They didn't lift a finger to unearth the evidence that came out later. They kept it under wraps for 15 years.

Amen. This should have been front page news, with locations and names listed of the jihadist wannabes.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:31 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,124,644 times
I am so tired of this long standing rant from the left....I think I can explain what happened...

I think I saw the same thing Trump saw on TV after 9/11....On national media there was local coverage of someplace in the Us (possibly NJ) with Muslims cheering .....The next clip also showed Muslims somewhere in the Mid East cheering by the thousands. I saw it and was totally infuriated. Perhaps Trump with the passing of time thought they were one & the same in one area. I certainly saw it in that order & I could see how he said what he did after so many years has passed.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:53 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
I am so tired of this long standing rant from the left....I think I can explain what happened...

I think I saw the same thing Trump saw on TV after 9/11....On national media there was local coverage of someplace in the Us (possibly NJ) with Muslims cheering .....The next clip also showed Muslims somewhere in the Mid East cheering by the thousands. I saw it and was totally infuriated. Perhaps Trump with the passing of time thought they were one & the same in one area. I certainly saw it in that order & I could see how he said what he did after so many years has passed.
If he said that originally and then came out and corrected himself it pretty much would have been the end of it. However, that isn't what he did. He repeated the comments over and over when given a chance to clarify. He doubled down on it again and again and went off on some rant about some conspiracy to keep it all under wraps when asked to show any evidence about his claim.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
If he said that originally and then came out and corrected himself it pretty much would have been the end of it. However, that isn't what he did. He repeated the comments over and over when given a chance to clarify. He doubled down on it again and again and went off on some rant about some conspiracy to keep it all under wraps when asked to show any evidence about his claim.
Because that is how HE remembers it.....I remember what I saw but I was not living in NY like he was....If I lived in NY it would have affected me even more than living in Pa so more of the details would be lost in the horror of what happened just miles from his home....Why should he recant it if that is the way he remembers it.....It seems awfully curious that the press in looking up all of the evidence didn't offer what I saw...Instead they just said they went over all of the tapes & reports and it never happened.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:31 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Because that is how HE remembers it.....I remember what I saw but I was not living in NY like he was....If I lived in NY it would have affected me even more than living in Pa so more of the details would be lost in the horror of what happened just miles from his home....Why should he recant it if that is the way he remembers it.....It seems awfully curious that the press in looking up all of the evidence didn't offer what I saw...Instead they just said they went over all of the tapes & reports and it never happened.
Because well he is wrong perhaps?? Everyone makes mistakes, no one remembers things perfectly. That goes for Trump, you, me and anybody else. However, when all the evidence doesn't back up how you remember something, do you admit perhaps you remember it incorrectly, or do you double down and start ranting about conspiracies??

Old 12-23-2015, 09:03 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,261,600 times
You know, something is easier to accept when it is believable. Given all that we knew about Muslims and how they felt about the US, even if you never saw a demonstration, it would be totally believable for a bunch of Muslims to cheer for 9/11. It just is because that is what they do. And now that the apologists have been forced to accept that it did happen, I wonder how they explain that the rooftop tailgate parties were all from one religion.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Because well he is wrong perhaps?? Everyone makes mistakes, no one remembers things perfectly. That goes for Trump, you, me and anybody else. However, when all the evidence doesn't back up how you remember something, do you admit perhaps you remember it incorrectly, or do you double down and start ranting about conspiracies??

You obviously read but didn't process my explanation with your bias against Trump. We weren't GIVEN the evidence from the left leaning media as I stated.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:37 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,726,979 times
I think what many are missing, at least in MHO, is that whatever number Trump used. There is certainly far more awareness of the fact that there were muslims, and perhaps others, openly celebrating on that day.

You can argue numbers all day long, while you do the arguing, you're admitting that he is, in some fashion correct in his assertion (the point being) that the enemy is among us.......and probably in far greater numbers than there were 14 years ago due to the open border policies both R and D administrations have allowed to continue since then.

Trump is right, Trump is effective on getting the message out. His number might be exaggerated, but you're all talking about it, and therefore aware of it......Heck, a lot of you (on both sides) have even done some independent research on the issue.

Trump is driving this election cycle.

(edit) for the moment.......

CN.......

Last edited by Compression; 12-24-2015 at 05:54 AM..

Old 12-24-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I think what many are missing, at least in MHO, is that whatever number Trump used. There is certainly far more awareness of the fact that there were muslims, and perhaps others, openly celebrating on that day.

You can argue numbers all day long, while you do the arguing, you're admitting that he is, in some fashion correct in his assertion (the point being) that the enemy is among us.......and probably in far greater numbers than there were 14 years ago due to the open border policies both R and D administrations have allowed to continue since then.

Trump is right, Trump is effective on getting the message out. His number might be exaggerated, but you're all talking about it, and therefore aware of it......Heck, a lot of you (on both sides) have even done some independent research on the issue.

Trump is driving this election cycle.

(edit) for the moment.......

CN.......

True. I am delighted people remember the traitors celebrating that day, a short distance from ground 0. Like any rodent, one is too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections