Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 12:49 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,711,366 times

Advertisements

My thought is, once Clinton gets what she's wanted all her life, the goal (presidency), she'll have nothing to lose if she just forget about what she promised publicly, in order to fulfill what she promised privately/secretly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 12:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I have no idea if either of your numbers are correct, but your list is of all money raised; The discussion was about Wall Street money.

And you can easily click on those candidates and see exactly who gave the money. The amounts from Wall Street, especially the TBTF banks are staggaring for both JEB & Hillary.

Old 02-12-2016, 01:39 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Correct rank, but the amounts are much higher than that.

2016 Presidential Race | OpenSecrets

Talk about bought & paid for.
How'd you get that?

This is their link for the Securities industry and Hillary ebbs out Bush - Selected Industry Totals | OpenSecrets

Hedge funds and commercial banks too.

Old 02-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
How'd you get that?
Top Industries data for Hillary Clinton, 2016 Cycle | OpenSecrets

http://www.opensecrets.org/outsidesp...861&cycle=2016

Old 02-12-2016, 02:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
That first link is amazing. It's just a waterfall of money pouring into these campaigns. And it's still early in the election cycle.

I wonder how favors are calculated...you can borrow my plane, you can borrow my staff, you can stay at my mansion.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
I don't know why you folks always get this wrong. The big money on Wall Street is all liberal Democrats, and very loyal ones too. The Republicans on Wall Street come from the back offices and once upon a time, the trading floors...but not so much anymore. Wall Street firms have to donate to both parties, but you'd be shocked how liberal management is on Wall Street.
Not really. Sure there are liberal billionaires, but they're not the majority.

"The decisions by the Supreme Court have left the American people with a status quo in which one side's billionaires are pitted against the other side's billionaires, except one side doesn't have many billionaires."~ Harry Reid.

Last edited by justNancy; 02-12-2016 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-12-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:
That first link is amazing. It's just a waterfall of money pouring into these campaigns. And it's still early in the election cycle.

I wonder how favors are calculated...you can borrow my plane, you can borrow my staff, you can stay at my mansion.

I don't think it's hypocritical at all for Hillary Clinton to take donations from Wall Street.

One of my favorite lines from "The West Wing" was when Alan Alda said:

"If you can't drink their booze, take their money and then vote against them, you don't belong in this business."

In other words, what Hillary said in the debate was true. Just because Pres Obama took donations from Wall St doesn't mean he supported its causes. In fact, it's very common for companies to donate to both parties.

Old 02-12-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who is going to help them, work with them?

The Trumpster? Cruz? Not bloody likely.

Do you think your candidate (Trump) is going to fulfill all his? Deporting 11 million people? Building a great wall like the one in China that he doesn't know was built by slaves? Fabulous healthcare for ALL and the government is going to pay for it?

Let's get real.

Look at your own glass house.

Trump has spent his entire life gaming the system. He has admitted many times that he plays to the fantasies of people.

"All of you can be me. I'll make it happen!" Except that most of us didn't inherit a real estate empire.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

In other words, what Hillary said in the debate was true. Just because Pres Obama took donations from Wall St doesn't mean he supported its causes. In fact, it's very common for companies to donate to both parties.
Except of course that is exactly what Obama did. Hillary, yet again, speaks 1/2 truths.

Obama voted for the bailouts as Senator and as President his Justice Department and his lackey Eric Holder failed to hold ANY criminal investigations against anyone in the finance industry. This where there were obvious and blatant examples of fraud and law breaking.

How anyone can support people like this is beyond me.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:13 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Except of course that is exactly what Obama did. Hillary, yet again, speaks 1/2 truths.

Obama voted for the bailouts as Senator and as President his Justice Department and his lackey Eric Holder failed to hold ANY criminal investigations against anyone in the finance industry. This where there were obvious and blatant examples of fraud and law breaking.

How anyone can support people like this is beyond me.
How anyone can support a television reality star is beyond me ~ yet they do .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections