Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 05:19 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How anyone can support a television reality star is beyond me ~ yet they do .
But you say you support Hillary even though she is bought and paid for by Wall Street. So I suppose this is the only kind of response that you can give in attempt to justify the unjustifiable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 05:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But you say you support Hillary even though she is bought and paid for by Wall Street. So I suppose this is the only kind of response that you can give in attempt to justify the unjustifiable.
I'm an investor. Should I desperately hate Wall Street?

Old 02-12-2016, 05:33 PM

15,652 posts, read 10,415,992 times
She'd help herself. Have you seen her net worth lately?

Old 02-12-2016, 11:29 PM

7,660 posts, read 8,734,965 times
I also wonder what is it that African Americans expect from a president. Sanders' lifelong genuine concern and fights for the working class (as evident in many of his speeches) could only continue when he becomes president, and that could without doubt benefit black people--and other working class people. Unlike Clinton, Sanders does not make empty promise to everyone just to woo voters. So he tells us honestly: yes, we'll raise taxes (but...)--heck, that doesn't mean other candidates who didn't say so will not raise taxes. He also says bluntly that the corporate America will not like him. Clinton, on the other hand, said "everybody" will like her. Is that even possible--to please everybody? It is a promise that is impossible to fulfill. So such promises are worth nothing.

Old 02-12-2016, 11:57 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And you can easily click on those candidates and see exactly who gave the money. The amounts from Wall Street, especially the TBTF banks are staggaring for both JEB & Hillary.
Not really.

The bigger point you and others are trying to make is that she is supported by the CEO's and not the people, but If im a bank teller at Wells Fargo and I donate to Hillary Clinton, all your link is going to say is that "Wells Fargo" donated.

its a complete misconception and misinterpretation of how the system works.

Old 02-13-2016, 12:25 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,338,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
The Wall Street billioinaire group and a large number of African Americans seem to make up a chunk of Clinton supporters (yes I know many Wall Streeters are for Republicans, but within the Dem voters), and are the ones she seems to be promising to benefit, either secretly (former) or publicly (latter).
Is the assumption that African Americans do not have interest in investing in stocks and bonds? That their retirement funds, foundations, and union pension funds do not benefit from success of Wall St investment firms? Do not African American businesses benefit from venture capital funds? Or do you only see African Americans through the lens of a welfare check?

Old 02-13-2016, 01:22 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,978,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm an investor. Should I desperately hate Wall Street?
Wall Street crashed the economy after spending billions of dollars lobbying in DC and causing a loss in economic output of trillions of dollars which the taxpayer paid for and must continue to pay for in the years to come.

But the question is whether we want to have a proper democracy or if we rather want to have a system of governance where the richest people set public policy through a corrupt system of campaign finance and ordinary people are shut out. A democracy where anyone can run for office without having to beg the rich and powerful for money is real democracy. That's when the change the American people want to see can take place.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:39 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,971,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not really.

The bigger point you and others are trying to make is that she is supported by the CEO's and not the people, but If im a bank teller at Wells Fargo and I donate to Hillary Clinton, all your link is going to say is that "Wells Fargo" donated.

its a complete misconception and misinterpretation of how the system works.
She has one of the lower amounts of individual contributions of any candidate running, yet amongst the highest in total amount received. Are we to believe that 12/hr tellers are donating by the thousand?

Let's not play dumb.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:02 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,688,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not really. The bigger point you and others are trying to make is that she is supported by the CEO's and not the people, but If im a bank teller at Wells Fargo and I donate to Hillary Clinton, all your link is going to say is that "Wells Fargo" donated. its a complete misconception and misinterpretation of how the system works.

This makes absolutely no sense. Furthermore you are not the CEO of Wells Fargo thus you create a hypothetical simply so you can shoot it in attempt to say that crony capitalism doesn't exist. Nobody believes this.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimir View Post
Hillary supporters hate Hispanics. They are intolerant bigots.
Other than your own opinion - source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections