Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliBean64 View Post
Trump has to research Duke and his group??? He doesn't KNOW? Is he stupid, or lying? And Trump is running for the President of our United States of America? And.... his followers are giving him a pass? This is shameful. The Klu Klux Klan! Have people forgotten? Or do they not care? Are the Republicans flipping CRAZY?????
Trump knew exactly who Mr Duke was, and about the KKK, and about white supremacists. He's spoken about Mr Duke in the past. So when he stated he didn't know, that was a lie. More than that, his statements today, that it was a bad earpiece, are also lies, GIVEN that he specifically used Duke's name when he was responding to the interviewer. You can't say I didn't hear the question about Mr Duke, when you specifically responded to the question with Mr Duke's name.

And again, it doesn't take research or knowledge to know that disavowing white supremacism is the right thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 10:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You have to watch documentaries to know about KKK. For all practical purposes they don't exist. They are only useful every 4 years to throw at the Republican front runner, whoever he might be.
Really?
Do those people that marched in CA this weekend know that?

Ku Klux Klan rally in Anaheim erupts in violence; 3 are stabbed and 13 arrested - LA Times

In any event, even Joe Scarborough doesn't believe Trumpie this time:

"On his show Monday, Scarborough revealed great disappointment in his friend —
"That is disqualifying right there. To say you don’t know about the Ku Klux Klan? You don’t know about David Duke? And the most stunning thing is. This isn’t buying him a single vote. Is he really so stupid that he think southerners aren’t offended by the Ku Klux Klan and David Duke? Is he really so ignorant of Southern voters that he thinks this is the way to their heart — to go neutral, to play Switzerland when you’re talking about the Klan? And to say he doesn’t know enough information about the Klan to condemn them — exactly what does Donald Trump expect to learn in the next 24 hours about the Klan.""

Donald Trump’s KKK flap has finally lost him “Morning Joe”: Even Joe Scarborough calls Trump’s latest stunt “disqualifying” - Salon.com

Old 02-29-2016, 10:46 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
LMAO..Meanwhile the DNC elected TWO high ranking KKK members as Senators.
Since the DNC doesn't elect anyone, that's incorrect. And if the nation could vet each state's senate choices, I suspect we'd have a very different Senate altogether. But since Senators are elected on the STATE level, by the voters in the STATE, sometimes our Congress gets stuck with racists. On both sides of the aisle.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I agree with you on this as Hillary really doesn't have much else to run on. And when she does, Trump will hit her back with things such as the Clinton's ties to George Wallace in the 1970s & 1980s and running the Southern Democrat platform when it suited their needs in Arkansas. And there is plenty more where that came from.

It will affect her support much more than his.
We got plenty more where Trump came from too. What she did 30 years ago vs what Trump said YESTERDAY. Sorry, no contest.

Moderate Republicans who cannot stand Trump are coming over to vote for Hillary. Hell, at this point, I think Mitch McConnell would vote for Hillary because his hatred for Trump is greater than his hatred for Hillary.

It's kinda funny actually.

Old 02-29-2016, 10:58 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliBean64 View Post
Trump has to research Duke and his group??? He doesn't KNOW? Is he stupid, or lying? And Trump is running for the President of our United States of America? And.... his followers are giving him a pass? This is shameful. The Klu Klux Klan! Have people forgotten? Or do they not care? Are the Republicans flipping CRAZY?????
He has to wait for the group investigating Obama's birth certificate to return so they can assist with the research.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:06 AM

25,960 posts, read 22,132,993 times
The new KKK: You Can’t Create A Kindler, Gentler Ku Klux Klan | News One and Ku Klux Klan invites black people, gays, Jews in new recruitment campaign

Maybe it is possible that everyone will start to see our country slipping into 3rd world status and unite.

I'm still caucusing for Trump on March 5! Saving the country means much more to me than what person or group endorses a candidate.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:07 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I guess the difference is Obama quickly denounced the Farrakhan endorsement. That's why Farrakhan was pissed at him for a while.

Obama Denounces Farrakhan Endorsement - Washington Wire - WSJ

Mick

OK. What about the rest?

Judging by his policies I would imagine he was fine with the rest.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:17 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I'm sure there are klan supporters on this very site
Oh, without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Haven't you heard? Black lives only matter when they're taken at the hand of a white cop. When you're black and commit a disgusting crime against another black individual you get a free pass. Quite frankly Trump doesn't scare me, if you want to see a race baiting president look no further than who's in office now.
Ah, another grossly misinformed, ignorant and irrelevant-to-the-topic post by someone whose only knowledge of BLM came from what the media spoon fed them. No wonder Trump has the backing he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He said

I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists."

Means that I have nothing to do with d or white supremacists.

I am fully convinced that Trump could hand his supporters a plate of ****, tell them it's steak and they would believe him. I'll give him credit for that. He knows how to play his supporters, although sometimes I think it's not a very difficult thing for him to do.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:20 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Dear,

If I click on "Find All Posts by Burdell", result = page full of posts from you talking about Trump and no other politician. Obviously you don't support Trump.

Thus, point is proved. Trump plays his detractors like fiddle.
And looking at your posts my point is proved that Donny plays his blind, swooning adulators like a Philharmonic Orchestra, eh?

Old 02-29-2016, 11:23 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
These silly attacks will only make Trump stronger.
The people are going to come out in even larger numbers to vote
for Trump. They know what is at stake now. It's becoming more
and more obvious that the power elite are crying because they
know they can lose and are AFRAID !!! VERY AFRAID !!!!!!
The silent majority will redefine what was "politically correct"
over the last 25 years with a new paradigm.
Attacks like this are falling on deaf ears. As a matter of fact,
they are having the opposite effect !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections