Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Where are self-employed people going to get healthcare? Health insurance pre-ACA was priced out of reach for individuals who are independent contractors, which was one of the problems to begin with. The only place I can see that his so-called plan even vaguely addresses that is in this line:
Costs have gone up under Obamacare, not down. It's still priced out of reach or you are stuck with a plan with such high co-pays and deductibles to make it just slightly better than worthless.

That said, he doesn't say how this will all be paid for. That's kind of important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 08:15 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,127,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
It's a piece of garbage.

He is basically just removing Obamacare.

He didn't even mention preexisting conditions.

He has said many times that his plan DOES include preexisting conditions

Old 03-02-2016, 08:18 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,538,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Exactly! Do these people expect to see it in writing or something???

Old 03-02-2016, 08:22 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,983,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Did you see it here? no. Why wasn't it listed here? Give me a freaking break. Obviously the healthcare companies are not gonna go for that. It was left out for a very good reason.

I hope some of the Trumpettes who voted for this clown with pre-existing conditions are regretting their vote. It's all fun and games until reality hits you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Exactly! Do these people expect to see it in writing or something???
Yes "in writing" what a concept! If he releases a plan, I expect it to be there. Trump contradicts himself 24/7 so I have to by what he puts in writing.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:23 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,094,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Costs have gone up under Obamacare, not down. It's still priced out of reach or you are stuck with a plan with such high co-pays and deductibles to make it just slightly better than worthless.
I have a plan that I can afford, and while the deductible is not low, it's still better than not having health insurance. Trust me, I know what that's like only too well. And under Trump's "plan" I would know it again.

Quote:
That said, he doesn't say how this will all be paid for. That's kind of important.
Pay for what? This is a non-plan. It will cost nothing because it will do nothing.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:25 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Good, it will help stop this nonsense Illinois Obamacare plan crippled by losses - Modern Healthcare

Old 03-02-2016, 08:27 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I feel he could have created a much better plan. For instance, why not fly people who have expensive diseases to other countries like Thailand and Vietnam for treatment? It's much cheaper over there.
Get government out of healthcare then costs go down.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
Quote:
I have a plan that I can afford, and while the deductible is not low, it's still better than not having health insurance. Trust me, I know what that's like only too well. And under Trump's "plan" I would know it again.
We can do better than a massive give away to the insurance companies that gives us plans we can't afford to use. And no, I do not see that solution in Trumps plan either.

Quote:
Pay for what? This is a non-plan. It will cost nothing because it will do nothing.
It addresses some things far better than Obamacare
Like cost transparency.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:31 PM

37,958 posts, read 17,900,247 times
Quote:
lmao So the only reason you got health insurance was because government made you. Before obamacare, when it was cheaper you didn't get it and now that it's more expensive and you're forced to get it, it's somehow better. Yea that makes sense.

Quote:
Your response is nothing.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:32 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,983,475 times
Quote:

It addresses some things far better than Obamacare
Like cost transparency.
Please elaborate, because I didn't see any "transparency" in this plan. Like Jams14 said this is not a plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections