Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 08:50 AM

3,900 posts, read 4,549,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hillary has led over Mr. Trump in almost every single poll. So, I can't picture her doing anything that would be so controversial with the DNC.

She would be better off picking Bernie Sanders. Huh, why? Because if Democrats can turnout their base, they will win. Like in 2012, when Obama lost big with GOP and Independents. Didn't matter. Bernie fans will turn out and provide tremendous energy . . . . capturing the Millennials (where Bernie dominates), along with Hillary's older base, will just about lock it up.

I know a NY/VT ticket provides no geographical diversity typical in a VP pick, but they will be complementary in ideology. Bernie is strong in Red States, and Hillary does well in Blue States. Woman/man is more palatable to some men than a woman/woman (let's say Elizabeth Warren) ticket. Hillary's alleged dishonest disposition will be mitigated in part by Bernie's perceived honesty.

Mick
I think if it was a Hillary/Bernie ticket they would clean up! There'd be such a huge turnout they'd also get the house and Senate. After they choose Supreme court judges to do their bidding, they'll do what ever they want including rounding up Republicans and putting them on a reservation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 08:55 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,391,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
C. Matthews last night said that it has never happened (?) in our political system. But he suggested that Clinton choose Kasich as her running mate to capture the anti-Trump vote.

That would surely shake up the political system.
How could Paul Ryan then have any justification for trying to get nominated in a contested convention?

Kasich would never run with a criminal who will soon be indicted.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:57 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,712,782 times
Only way I vote for her

Old 03-16-2016, 09:00 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,758,866 times
Quote:
C. Matthews last night said that it has never happened (?) in our political system. But he suggested that Clinton choose Kasich as her running mate to capture the anti-Trump vote.

How could Paul Ryan then have any justification for trying to get nominated in a contested convention?

Than Trump picks up Webb and we're back to square one.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:02 AM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hillary has led over Mr. Trump in almost every single poll. So, I can't picture her doing anything that would be so controversial with the DNC.

She would be better off picking Bernie Sanders. Huh, why? Because if Democrats can turnout their base, they will win. Like in 2012, when Obama lost big with GOP and Independents. Didn't matter. Bernie fans will turn out and provide tremendous energy . . . . capturing the Millennials (where Bernie dominates), along with Hillary's older base, will just about lock it up.

I know a NY/VT ticket provides no geographical diversity typical in a VP pick, but they will be complementary in ideology. Bernie is strong in Red States, and Hillary does well in Blue States. Woman/man is more palatable to some men than a woman/woman (let's say Elizabeth Warren) ticket. Hillary's alleged dishonest disposition will be mitigated in part by Bernie's perceived honesty.

Mick
The thing is, Sanders professes to be against everything that Clinton does and stands for. He claims to be against "big banks", she is in the pocket of them. He claims to be against "income inequality", she is in the top fraction of a % of the wealthiest in the country, with every thing she does aimed at her personal enrichment. He claims to represent minorities, her mentor was a KKK leader. If Sanders actually believes the stuff he spouts (and has any integrity) he would refuse to be her running mate.

Aside from that, he is just too much of a loon and would hurt her in the general election. Some people saw Palin as a drag when McCain picked her, Bernie is far more "out there" than Palin ever will be. Well, until she becomes senile and completely derranged as well I guess. He would sink Clinton, at least among working adults.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:03 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Kasich would never run with a criminal who will soon be indicted.
She will "soon be indicted" You`ve been saying that for how many decades?

Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Hillary would have her best chance if she picked Bernie for her VP. I don't expect that, the Democratic party would be afraid the old battle ax would keel over, or start having flash backs to her days of taking sniper fire in Bosnia, and they would end up with Bernie as president.

In all seriousness, Bernie would be her best chance against Trump.
It says something about people who refer to Hillary as an " old battle ax" while ignoring Trump is older.

( I don't care for any of the candidates on either side and have no horse in this race)

Old 03-16-2016, 09:13 AM

952 posts, read 519,076 times
Quote:

How about Kasich choose Clinton???

Old 03-16-2016, 09:18 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
With Hillary proposing eliminating jobs in coal mining, I was surprised that the people of Ohio were on board for that. The Dems can have Kasich as far as I am concerned. The only thing Clinton and Kasich have in common is that people don't really care for them and that they want to make illegals legal at a cost of amnesty running $6.3 trillion. Add to that the 80,000 jobs that will be eliminated when we stop the mining........... One would need poo for brains to buy that.
Natural gas fracking is eliminating jobs in coal mining and every voter in Ohio with an IQ above room temperature knows that. There are 73,000 jobs in wind power and another 173,000 jobs in solar power.
https://www.greenbiz.com/article/job...d-18-last-year

Old 03-16-2016, 09:20 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It says something about people who refer to Hillary as an " old battle ax" while ignoring Trump is older.

( I don't care for any of the candidates on either side and have no horse in this race)

Yes, but Trump didn't step down from the SoS because of health problems. Remember Hillary"s "head injury"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections