Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 10:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times

Advertisements

Doesn't matter who Hillary picks for VP, it's not going to save her flawed campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:02 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Doesn't matter who Hillary picks for VP, it's not going to save her flawed campaign.

Brilliant!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:04 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Either Ivana Trump or Marla Maples . . . . their presence would cause Mr. Trump to be more unhinged than usual.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 11:25 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,389,875 times
Quote:
McCain is rumored to wanted to have wanted to run with Joe Lieberman. RNC went ballistic and prevented it. Instead they made him run with Palin.

I figure the same will happen with the Democrats. As much as the Clintons run that party, they won't be allowed to do it. They owe too many favors to too many establishment Democrats to ever put a Republican on the ticket.
The party didn't "make him run with Palin". McCain's advisors chose her all by themselves, and McCain went with their choice.

But you're right about Lieberman. He was John's old pal.

Thinking that Hillary would ever choose a Republican running mate is ridiculous.

Here's a Republican nightmare for you…
Hillary asks Elizabeth Warren to be her running mate.

Warren has never wanted the Presidency, but she may want to be the VP.
As Vice-President, she could be the Democratic tie breaker in the Senate, and the Republican majority has a lot of Senators who are facing tough races this year. Their majority after the election could be cut down to only a sliver of what it is now.

Moreover, Warren is more popular with all the minorities, independents, and the liberals than either Clinton or Sanders. In the female voters, both are more popular than any Republican, and Warren is especially popular with the Millennial voters of both genders.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hillary asks Elizabeth Warren to be her running mate.....
Only problem with this. Hillary's Wall Street donors will yank her chain hard and refuse to let her do it. Given Hillary's age, the banksters will rail at the thought to Warren taking over as president.

I don't see it happening.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:41 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,526,714 times
Quote:
Only problem with this. Hillary's Wall Street donors will yank her chain and refuse to let her do it. Given Hillary's age the banksters will rail at the thought to Warren taking over as president.

You do realize that Banks/Finance/Wall Street companies donate a good deal more to Republicans than they do to any Democrats?

Old 03-17-2016, 11:48 AM

736 posts, read 354,027 times
Quote:
Only problem with this. Hillary's Wall Street donors will yank her chain hard and refuse to let her do it. Given Hillary's age, the banksters will rail at the thought to Warren taking over as president.

This reminds me of Theodore Roosevelt. They wouldn't want a modern Theodore Roosevelt .

Old 03-17-2016, 11:58 AM

6,619 posts, read 5,016,967 times
If you are the democrats you have to think 2024, Warren is too old to run then, it makes sense to have a young up and coming democrat who can take the reigns in 2024, a Latino would make sense.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:06 PM

9,174 posts, read 13,263,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I think if it was a Hillary/Bernie ticket they would clean up! There'd be such a huge turnout they'd also get the house and Senate. After they choose Supreme court judges to do their bidding, they'll do what ever they want including rounding up Republicans and putting them on a reservation.
I think Bernie is the best option for Clinton also. Might keep some Independents and "Reagan" type Democrats from going over to Trump in November. Bernie would probably negotiate that Hillary really adopt some of his agenda. She has already taking his issues one by one in order to co-opt him in the primaries. Anyway, Hillary Clinton is too wrapped up with the corporate establishment so that is why it is key she picks someone independent minded like Bernie Sanders as a running mate.

What I disagree with you is that there is going to be a clean up in the fall. What I am seeing on Long Island and New York (we usually go for the Democrats) is a lot of really dedicated Trump supporters but also people who are following Trump but not yet supporting. The all out media blitz against Trump, especially that he is a racist, is keeping people quiet. But if Trump begins to clean up his act, and I think he will, then you will see more and more people supporting him openly.

I also think you see a lot of working class Democrats cross over to Trump in the general. The very fact that hurts Trump in the Republican primaries, that he is a moderate or a liberal, will help him in the general election. But what will really help him is that he will be the only one who speaking out about free trade (assuming Bernie loses to Clinton). That is why the corporate establishment hates him.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:31 PM

14,491 posts, read 20,678,405 times
It was an amusing hypothetical by Matthews and nothing more.
Though it might even be better than some of the combinations being remotely considered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections