Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:24 AM

952 posts, read 519,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, but Trump didn't step down from the SoS because of health problems. Remember Hillary"s "head injury"?
Pretty hard to step down from a position you never held...were ever qualified to hold, or would have never been appointed to due to overwhelming lack of experience...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 09:25 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,302,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Hillary already has the African American and Latino vote but if she wants to crush that, her best chance would be to pick Booker or Castro as her VP.
Agreed. I've been saying for a year that one of the Castro brothers will be the VP choice. A latino who isn't beholden to the Cuban faction.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

It would have helped him do better than with Palin, but not have been as fun.

Mick
Hmm for fun, McCain could have gotten into the hot tub with Lieberman like Gore & Lieberman did.

But I do agree with you that it would have been a more effective ticket. It was yet another example of the purists sabotaging a campaign because it doesn't meet their definition.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:30 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,682,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Natural gas fracking is eliminating jobs in coal mining and every voter in Ohio with an IQ above room temperature knows that. There are 73,000 jobs in wind power and another 173,000 jobs in solar power.
https://www.greenbiz.com/article/job...d-18-last-year

Thank you for pointing out the obvious truth.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:49 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Kasich would never run with a criminal who will soon be indicted.
Then he'd be POTUS, exactly what he is currently seeking . . . . .

Mick

Old 03-16-2016, 02:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's not that outrageous...the thought I assume being that Kasich would deliver Ohio and not offend Democrats enough to make them stay home.

A lot of Democrats are offended that Hillary is not further to the left than she is. I don't see how Kasich could help her other than with disaffected Republicans looking for a Trump alternative.

That said, Kasich has a habit of stomping on women's reproductive rights and he and Hillary would never see eye to eye on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Natural gas fracking is eliminating jobs in coal mining and every voter in Ohio with an IQ above room temperature knows that. There are 73,000 jobs in wind power and another 173,000 jobs in solar power.
https://www.greenbiz.com/article/job...d-18-last-year
I can tell you the voters in WV haven't figured that out yet. They've been blaming Obama for 8 years and now they are passing around the internet meme that has Hillary saying 'we're going to put a lot of people out of work' (and never publishing the rest of the sentence).

AND they are going for Bernie in a big way and HE wants to discontinue coal completely.

So . . I don't know if their IQ is above room temp or not

Old 03-16-2016, 02:56 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,358,877 times
I'm betting it's Julian Castro. Good generational difference, he's going to be attractive to Hispanics and minority groups.

Old 03-16-2016, 03:08 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,836,450 times
I could see it working - b/c there are a lot of republicans that want nothing to do with trump, and this would soften the blow of voting for Clinton. However, there may be too many low information voters, particularly the Sanders cult, that couldn't get past the simple fact Kasich has an R next to his name.

Truthfully, Cruz is the only conservative / republican in the entire election. Sanders is an absolute radical. Cruz is tea-party right, but not nearly as extreme as Sanders. And Clinton / Trump / Kasich are centrists that probably lean left, in that order.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:48 AM

3,900 posts, read 4,549,667 times
Quote:
Then he'd be POTUS, exactly what he is currently seeking . . . . .

Mick
Which is why I can't see a mixed ticket. Why would the Democrats even take the chance of letting a Republican inherit the job should anything happen to the president? (And vice versa)

Old 03-17-2016, 09:55 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Hillary has led over Mr. Trump in almost every single poll. So, I can't picture her doing anything that would be so controversial with the DNC.

She would be better off picking Bernie Sanders. Huh, why? Because if Democrats can turnout their base, they will win. Like in 2012, when Obama lost big with GOP and Independents. Didn't matter. Bernie fans will turn out and provide tremendous energy . . . . capturing the Millennials (where Bernie dominates), along with Hillary's older base, will just about lock it up.

I know a NY/VT ticket provides no geographical diversity typical in a VP pick, but they will be complementary in ideology. Bernie is strong in Red States, and Hillary does well in Blue States. Woman/man is more palatable to some men than a woman/woman (let's say Elizabeth Warren) ticket. Hillary's alleged dishonest disposition will be mitigated in part by Bernie's perceived honesty.

Mick
I have been thinking this. Clinton / Sanders. Trump could not win with that ticket. I don't think he will regardless of Clinton's running mate. I just can't believe (i can't accept!) that there are that many sick and twisted and misguided and blind puppets in this country.
And republican women! C'mon! Why in the world would you vote for a misogynist?! (and yes, he is most certainly a misogynist) How can you rationalize that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections