Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:13 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Nobody else is focusing on the economy and generating American jobs? Really? What is Trump's economic plan? He only issued two plans, his tax-plan and his health plan. The tax-plan slashes taxes, mainly on the rich, creating an additional $10 trillion in debt and the health plan goes back to the pre-ACA system and throws millions off their health insurance.

Incidentally, the other GOP candidates all have similar tax plans the slash taxes on the rich and blow up the debt.

So again, how exactly is Mr. Trump focused on the economy and generating American jobs in a positive way?

Obamacare ALREADY threw nearly 6 million people off of their health insurance... without warning and without their permission.

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 11:19 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Wrong. Go to his website and learn the truth.
We have. Welcome to your Health Savings Account! And I hope you have a lot of savings to get started with it.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:38 AM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Obamacare ALREADY threw nearly 6 million people off of their health insurance... without warning and without their permission.

You're welcome.
Hmmm…
After 30 million more first-time sign ups in 2015. Read the numbers and weep.

You're welcome. Have a hanky on me.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
We have. Welcome to your Health Savings Account! And I hope you have a lot of savings to get started with it.
Your fellow traveller MTAtech hasn't.

And as a matter of fact... I DO use an HSA. It's been great!

Old 03-17-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Hmmm…
After 30 million more first-time sign ups in 2015. Read the numbers and weep.

You're welcome. Have a hanky on me.
You're dodging the reality... Barrycare kicked millions of people off of their health insurance without warning and without permission.

Is that how you want your government operating? You like that sort of tyranny?

Old 03-17-2016, 12:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
The party just doesn't see the forest through the trees. They are not happy that Trump is winning, but they let him on the ticket. Instead of realizing he was the only one focused on the economy and generating American jobs, they kept their heads in the (special interest) sand.

Trump is no politician, but he knows how media works. Instead of adapting, the GOP has put heels in the sand and have moved to divisive tactics. Today some 'GOP strategist' stated that the party chooses the nominee, not the people. Making it public that the 'party elders will pick a candidate that supports their values' instead of who the people have chosen. This shows how out of touch the GOP has become. The reason Trump and Bernie have become popular is the high disillusionment with the current system... both parties had 8 years to develop candidates and they both failed miserably.

A few years ago, I was a card carrying member of the GOP. Now, I'm ashamed of the party, they are dead to me. FWIW I did not vote for Trump in the primary.
Like you, I voted GOP for decades.

If they ever come to their senses and dump their incestuous relationship with angry ignorant "religious right" and return to rationality, I'd consider voting that way again.

But instead of turning the ship around, they're going full speed ahead towards the shoals.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:09 PM

25,581 posts, read 17,298,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Why is it considered an implosion in the Republican Party, but not the Democratic?
Because it has been declared so by a poster.

The DNC will pick the winner in their nomination process, not the voters. The super-delegate arrangement makes this a fact, and they will pick someone whose favorability percentage has fallen from 66 to 41% and falling. They may even pick someone who is under indictment.

Meanwhile, she will apparently run against someone whose favorability percentage is 35. Up from 20.

Trump has some work to do!
Hillary does, too, but she apparently has peaked out.

Old 03-17-2016, 12:59 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If they pull some shenanigans and keep Trump out if he wins a plurality of states, delegates, and votes, I'm done with them. If they nominate someone who wasn't in the race (Romney) or dropped out (Bush), it proves that the primary process and will of the people is meaningless. At that point, it's little more than the club doling out favors to one another.

The fact that the people have no say will be a fatal blow to the party, and will be a big hit to the general faith in government.
So, your saying that the rule that says that one must win a MAJORITY of the delegates doesn't matter, in this case only? Trump winning a plurality is the new standard. Isn't that typical of this candidate -- if the rules don't work in his favor, change the rules.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Because it has been declared so by a poster.

The DNC will pick the winner in their nomination process, not the voters. The super-delegate arrangement makes this a fact, and they will pick someone whose favorability percentage has fallen from 66 to 41% and falling. They may even pick someone who is under indictment.

Meanwhile, she will apparently run against someone whose favorability percentage is 35. Up from 20.

Trump has some work to do!
Hillary does, too, but she apparently has peaked out.
From the available voting data, the DNC will pick the winner in their nomination process who is the same one who will win a majority of the voters.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You're dodging the reality... Barrycare kicked millions of people off of their health insurance without warning and without permission.

Is that how you want your government operating? You like that sort of tyranny?
Nobody got kicked off their health care insurance. The policies changed and the companies replaced non-compliant plans with compliant ones. Under the ACA, nobody can be denied insurance.

What you are likely describing is that people used to be able to buy low cost polices. They didn't realize that these low cost policies also provided little protection. That's why they were labeled junk policies. Those policies were non-compliant under the ACA.

The ACA is responsible for millions of more insured Americans.

Gallup's graph of uninsured rate

Yes, this is exactly like how I want government operating. If the government making sure all Americans have access to health care and protecting them from unscrupulous insurance companies is "tyranny," bring on the tyrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections