Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:16 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,762,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Saying the voters don't choose the primary candidate is a tactic to discourage Trump voters from going to the polls. Don't believe this GOP strategist, there is a reason this was leaked out there.

Trump has a great chance of getting to the 1237 mark where no convention is needed.
I could have sworn that primaries were for voters to vote for delegates. The delegates then go to the Convention and vote for the nomination.

Many of the delegates are pledged for Trump. They are required to vote for him on the first ballot. If he is able to get the required amount of delegates, pledged and others, then he wins the nomination whether the GOP likes it or not.

That ND delegate acting like he can't understand the need for primaries should be yanked out and eliminated from ever being a delegate again.

There has not been a brokered convention for Republicans since 1952. The GOP really needs to think about what they are doing here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 01:23 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Obamacare ALREADY threw nearly 6 million people off of their health insurance... without warning and without their permission.

You're welcome.
Really? No, it hasn't.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,960,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1
We have. Welcome to your Health Savings Account! And I hope you have a lot of savings to get started with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Your fellow traveller MTAtech hasn't.

And as a matter of fact... I DO use an HSA. It's been great!
I don't need a HSA, I have insurance that covers my medical expenses.

You say it's been great. If you happen to need a heart bi-pass do you have the $100K in you HSA to cover it?

So now, American workers not only must have their own money for retirement and the kid's college but also their own health expenditures. Sorry, but most American workers can't sock $100,000 away in case they need an expensive surgery.

HSA seem to be a backwards way to provide health coverage. The big expenses are surgery, hospital care and cancer treatment and most Americans don't have the resources to save enough to cover those costs.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:32 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Really? No, it hasn't.
You're being dishonest. That graph shows the overall trend but it does NOT account for the many who lost their health insurance:

ObamaCare: Health Insurance Cancellation

"Going into ObamaCare’s first enrollment period in 2013 4.7 million of the 270 million Americans with health coverage lost plans."

There were additional cancellations in 2014.

The pace slowed down a bit in 2015:

Fewer people lost 2015 health plans due to Obamacare

"Fewer than 1 million Americans had their health insurance plans canceled for 2015 for noncompliance with Obamacare rules"

"Those cancellations contradicted President Barack Obama's repeated vows that under the ACA, "If you like your current plan, you will be able to keep it."

The point is that your graph doesn't address my claim... that many people LOST their health insurance BECAUSE OF Obamacare.

You are either dishonest or totally clueless. Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections