Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 01:51 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,705,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Like these people or not, they have a right to vote, and you have no right to try and suppress their right to vote by attacking anyone they may choose to vote for. It is you, not Trump, or the Republicans that are in the wrong.
Seriously? Again, freedom of speech is reserved only for the trump followers. Try reading some of the anti cruz, sanders, clinton, rubio.... posts made by trump followers. Not suppresses their right to vote, simply posting opinions about the candidates. Nobody here has followed any trump followers into the voting booth and forced them to mark a different candidate on the ballot, but all (on obht sides of the opinions) have freely used their freedom of speech to say what they liked or didn't like in regards to candidates. So, give it up, nobody's rights are being suppressed here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 01:52 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's not a true Republican, and true Republicans don't care if you think they should be "fiscally moderately conservative". Enough taking other peoples money. Go back to the Dem party. As for "socially liberal", a true Republican doesn't EVEN WANT THE GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN HALF OF THE "ISSUES" that special little snowflakes think need government intervention.

Your "type" would mean more RINOs. The Republican party has WAY more than enough of those.
I am confused, who is a "true Republican"? And "Republicans in Name Only"? Who decides?

Mr. Trump's followers? The establishment voters? Others?

It's rich for Teapublicans to hijack the party through obstructions and other means, and then label the "classic" Republican Party as not truly Republican because they aren't radical enough. How does that make any sense?

People who don't want any government involvement don't seem to have any qualms about using the highway system, enjoy the social security and Medicare, accept farm subsidies, take airplanes controlled by the Air Traffic Control, etc., etc.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 01:55 PM

465 posts, read 257,281 times
If the Republican Party was smart....

I'm gonna stop you right there. If Grandma had balls she'd be Grandpa, but it ain't gonna happen.

J/K Republicans. I love y'all.

Unless you're voting for Trump, then I don't.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:56 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I love it when Democrats tell Republicans what their party needs to do.

Any bigots that may support Trump, are not doing so because Trump is a bigot. Like these people or not, they have a right to vote, and you have no right to try and suppress their right to vote by attacking anyone they may choose to vote for. It is you, not Trump, or the Republicans that are in the wrong.
Hence why I used the word REINVENT. I am saying if they reinvent themselves, it would be smart to capture the fiscally moderate and conservative but socially liberal.

In case you don't know what the word reinvent means:
verb (used with object)
to invent again or anew, especially without knowing that the invention already exists.
to remake or make over, as in a different form:
At 60, he reinvented himself as a volunteer. We have an opportunity to reinvent government.
to bring back; revive:
to reinvent trust and accountability.

Anyway, I am not trying to prevent any trump supporter from voting, and as far as I know nobody else is either. Just like Trump supporters can give their opinion and speaking their mind I am doing the same. So not sure what your problem is?

Well maybe I do why you aren't making sense, you are a Trump supporter. That makes sense to me now!

Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
They would take this opportunity in regards to Trump to get rid of all the psychotic and ignorant supporters by blocking a Trump nomination. I think this is a great opportunity for the Republican party to reinvent itself. Here is why: .....
You lost all credibility with this OP when said that Trump's supporters are "psychotic", "ignorant", "religious zealots", "ignorant", "bigoted", and "cult members".

You simply try to do public relations instead of providing a theory based on logic, fact and reality.

Old 03-17-2016, 01:59 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Really? Then get the government out of a woman's doctor's visits.
I completely agree. I still do not, however, condone murder.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:01 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik1680 View Post
I'm gonna stop you right there. If Grandma had balls she'd be Grandpa, but it ain't gonna happen.
Hmmm, this is a good law school exam question vis-a-vis Caitlyn Jenner.

Mick

Old 03-17-2016, 02:01 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,235,015 times
Trying to be neutral, I think they should let the Tea Party religious nuts spin themselves off into a separate party and go back to being a party of fiscal responsibility and genuinely promoting small government and not trying to legislate morality. The reality is that there are more people in the middle than at either end, and a party that successfully owned the middle would capture that.

However, speaking as a Democrat, I am happy to let them keep on doing what they are doing!

Old 03-17-2016, 02:04 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I am confused, who is a "true Republican"? And "Republicans in Name Only"? Who decides?

Mr. Trump's followers? The establishment voters? Others?

It's rich for Teapublicans to hijack the party through obstructions and other means, and then label the "classic" Republican Party as not truly Republican because they aren't radical enough. How does that make any sense?

People who don't want any government involvement don't seem to have any qualms about using the highway system, enjoy the social security and Medicare, accept farm subsidies, take airplanes controlled by the Air Traffic Control, etc., etc.

Mick
I've already pointed out several times why I'm supporting Trump. I'm not going to write it all out again.

I'm not a Teapublican. I've never been a member of the Tea Party.

If you have no idea what a Conservative actually is, and what makes one a neo-con, then I can't help you. I don't have time to teach you. Conservatives were never for big, bloated government, but that's what we have. And we have people who have the damn audacity to call themselves "Republicans" who love nothing more than big, bloated government and war mongering. They need to get the hell out of the party.

And spoken like a true liberal who doesn't understand the difference between 'no government' and 'limited, small government'. The government has very, very, very few "jobs". Everything else that they do is NOT THEIR DAMN JOB.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:10 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You lost all credibility with this OP when said that Trump's supporters are "psychotic", "ignorant", "religious zealots", "ignorant", "bigoted", and "cult members".

You simply try to do public relations instead of providing a theory based on logic, fact and reality.
Of course not all of them are like that, but if Trump appeals to you you have to have some of those attributes, other then running a business and being good at throwing insults, what the hell does Trump have to offer to the average sensible and above average intelligent person as President?

I mean when you say things like we are going to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, how in the world can you believe that is possible? People who support that plan and believe it, cannot be right in the head. Regardless if it's due to lack of intelligence, ignorance, or just psychosis.

Just because Trump is a successful businessman does not mean that he can be President. For beginners, he doesn't know the basics of playing nice. In order for things to pass or happen they have to through Congress, and because for the most part BOTH parties dislike him, nothing will get passed, and his insulting ways won't help. It won't on a global level either. He doesn't have the temperament or right frame of mind to be a leader, especially of a country like the US.

Running your own business, where you control everything and people MUST listen to you, compared to running the most powerful and rich country in the world are two very different things. He seems to be treating them like they are the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections