Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:40 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,763,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
They would take this opportunity in regards to Trump to get rid of all the psychotic and ignorant supporters by blocking a Trump nomination. I think this is a great opportunity for the Republican party to reinvent itself. Here is why:

Most Americans tend to be moderate. Most tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative/moderate. That includes me and many people I know be it friends or family. I have always voted Democrat, not because I am a Democrat at heart but I can't get behind how the Republican party caters to religious zealots and the ignorant folks. I am not saying that this how all Republicans are like, I am just saying the GOP makes an effort to cater to them. The Democrats do too in regards to the poor, but the tone isn't so divisive or such in such a negative rhetoric. How the Republican party produces candidates like Sarah Palin, Trump and Michelle Bachmann is scary, and most intelligent people would agree.

If the GOP were to block the Trump nomination, they would lose a lot of support from the bigoted supporters and religious zealots who are nuts about him, almost like a cult, which IMO is a good thing. They could then focus more on financial matters of the country rather than repealing things like gay marriage (seriously what's the point in going after that?).

If the Republican party could become a party that is fiscally moderate or conservative, but socially liberal, TRUST ME, they would get a lot of democrats on their side, including me, my family and many friends. The problem is in the last couple decades, the Republican party has catered way too much to the religious zealots and the bigoted, which has resulted to where it is today.

Block the nomination, let another party form where Palin, Carson, Trump, Bachman, and the like can form a new one, a Tea Party, and take all the whackos and ignorant folks, and let the Republican Party reinvent itself that can truly capture what Americans really want.

Question... Aren't many blacks Christian and religious? So essentially the left is calling them religious zealots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 11:19 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,302,346 times
....they'd become Democrats?

Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,377,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Really? Then get the government out of a woman's doctor's visits.
Sure, are you willing to quit taking money from the government to pay for them? Oh of course not.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,279,144 times
Quote:
They would take this opportunity in regards to Trump to get rid of all the psychotic and ignorant supporters by blocking a Trump nomination. I think this is a great opportunity for the Republican party to reinvent itself. Here is why:

Most Americans tend to be moderate. Most tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative/moderate. That includes me and many people I know be it, friends or family. I have always voted Democrat, not because I am a Democrat at heart but I can't get behind how the Republican party caters to religious zealots and the ignorant folks. I am not saying that this how all Republicans are like, I am just saying the GOP makes an effort to cater to them. The Democrats do too in regards to the poor, but the tone isn't so divisive or such in such a negative rhetoric. How the Republican party produces candidates like Sarah Palin, Trump and Michelle Bachmann is scary, and most intelligent people would agree.

If the GOP were to block the Trump nomination, they would lose a lot of support from the bigoted supporters and religious zealots who are nuts about him, almost like a cult, which IMO is a good thing. They could then focus more on financial matters of the country rather than repealing things like gay marriage (seriously what's the point in going after that?).

If the Republican party could become a party that is fiscally moderate or conservative, but socially liberal, TRUST ME, they would get a lot of democrats on their side, including me, my family and many friends. The problem is in the last couple decades, the Republican party has catered way too much to the religious zealots and the bigoted, which has resulted to where it is today.

Block the nomination, let another party form where Palin, Carson, Trump, Bachman, and the like can form a new one, a Tea Party, and take all the whackos and ignorant folks, and let the Republican Party reinvent itself that can truly capture what Americans really want.

Doesn't this guy looks like a fool now..........why do a Democrat care about the Republican party?.....is not like they were in when Dole, Mccain, and Romney were the nominees....the left called them extremists and racists and bigots and anti-women....so what's new?...they have been hostile to anybody in the GOP since Goldwater, Nixon, and Reagan.......so excuse me if I don't believe you that if the GOP nominates the "right" person you Democrats will leave your party and become Republicans......please.......the GOP has nominated real RINOs and Democrats just went on the attack and the GOP lost elections.

its funny his take, the GOP is not a cult....it wasn't the GOP that cried when Obama won in 2008 like the second coming of Jesus and cried like babies when Hillary lost in 2016.......we take our defeats and wins like grown ups.

just look at election night in 2008 and 2016 to see who are the extremists and cult people because is not the right......I voted for Trump and I would have been fine if he lost. You are not going to see Republicans crying and cursing and protesting the streets if Hillary Clinton would have won.........you don't see Republicans going to other people's events and colleges to shut it down with violence and shut down speakers ....that's the left.......that's a cult mentality. Republicans are cool win or lose.

Old 09-01-2017, 05:33 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Doesn't this guy looks like a fool now..........why do a Democrat care about the Republican party?.....is not like they were in when Dole, Mccain, and Romney were the nominees....the left called them extremists and racists and bigots and anti-women....so what's new?...they have been hostile to anybody in the GOP since Goldwater, Nixon, and Reagan.......so excuse me if I don't believe you that if the GOP nominates the "right" person you Democrats will leave your party and become Republicans......please.......the GOP has nominated real RINOs and Democrats just went on the attack and the GOP lost elections.

its funny his take, the GOP is not a cult....it wasn't the GOP that cried when Obama won in 2008 like the second coming of Jesus and cried like babies when Hillary lost in 2016.......we take our defeats and wins like grown ups.

just look at election night in 2008 and 2016 to see who are the extremists and cult people because is not the right......I voted for Trump and I would have been fine if he lost. You are not going to see Republicans crying and cursing and protesting the streets if Hillary Clinton would have won.........you don't see Republicans going to other people's events and colleges to shut it down with violence and shut down speakers ....that's the left.......that's a cult mentality. Republicans are cool win or lose.
I love his thread title, If the Republican Party was smart...."

I guess they proved just how "smart" they were by beating the "anointed one", the "smartest woman in the world"!

Which just to show how "dumb" th dems are!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:35 AM

59,164 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

I guess they proved just how "smart" they were by beating the "anointed one", the "smartest woman in the world"!

Which just to show how "dumb" the dems are!

Old 09-03-2017, 01:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,674,899 times
Quote:

Most Americans tend to be moderate. Most tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative/moderate. That includes me and many people I know be it friends or family. I have always voted Democrat, not because I am a Democrat at heart but I can't get behind how the Republican party caters to religious zealots and the ignorant folks. I am not saying that this how all Republicans are like, I am just saying the GOP makes an effort to cater to them. The Democrats do too in regards to the poor, but the tone isn't so divisive or such in such a negative rhetoric. How the Republican party produces candidates like Sarah Palin, Trump and Michelle Bachmann is scary, and most intelligent people would agree.

So if the GOP were smart they would move closer to the Marxist democrats. Well, they have never been smart but they don't have to be to get elected.
On the other hand if the democrats were smart they wouldn't have abandoned the working people in favor of elites.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:36 PM

34,075 posts, read 17,119,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Which just to show how "dumb" the dems are!
GOP gained 1,100 seats, statewide plus DC, since 1/20/2009. Dumb would be a party losing 1,100. Whom might that be?

Old 09-04-2017, 11:00 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,581,834 times
If the Republican Party was smart.......it would get rid of all its RINOs.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:47 PM

1,849 posts, read 1,811,140 times
Maybe since it's been 1.5 years since this thread was started, the title should be switched to "If the Democratic Party was smart?" LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections