Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 02:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,475,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I love it when Democrats tell Republicans what their party needs to do.

Any bigots that may support Trump, are not doing so because Trump is a bigot. Like these people or not, they have a right to vote, and you have no right to try and suppress their right to vote by attacking anyone they may choose to vote for. It is you, not Trump, or the Republicans that are in the wrong.
Isn't that the irony of it all? People acting in a most Totalitarian/facist manner yet accuse the other side doing the same thing.

Personally, I don't trust any candidate, especially the establishment clowns(simply based on past "results"), but this whiny/control freak attitude by many is something, especially the "we need a moderate" fallback. Does that mean "moderately" bought off/self serving? So many in this country are so brainwashed by it all still. It's sad and unsettling at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 02:21 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Trump is fiscally conservative but socially liberal. You are a Trump fan too. Thanks for proving us real Republican's point. Trump is not a true Republican, he is a liberal funding RINO fraud.
Nobody cares! Trump is a independent running on the Republican ticket. This is not a big secret you just let out of the bag. He's all over the place with issues. So what? People who like him are from both parties. Unlike Cruz who doesn't have a snowball chance in hell of having more than 2-3 misguided democrats vote for him.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:23 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCheetah View Post
They would take this opportunity in regards to Trump to get rid of all the psychotic and ignorant supporters by blocking a Trump nomination. I think this is a great opportunity for the Republican party to reinvent itself. Here is why:

Most Americans tend to be moderate. Most tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative/moderate. That includes me and many people I know be it friends or family. I have always voted Democrat, not because I am a Democrat at heart but I can't get behind how the Republican party caters to religious zealots and the ignorant folks. I am not saying that this how all Republicans are like, I am just saying the GOP makes an effort to cater to them. The Democrats do too in regards to the poor, but the tone isn't so divisive or such in such a negative rhetoric. How the Republican party produces candidates like Sarah Palin, Trump and Michelle Bachmann is scary, and most intelligent people would agree.

If the GOP were to block the Trump nomination, they would lose a lot of support from the bigoted supporters and religious zealots who are nuts about him, almost like a cult, which IMO is a good thing. They could then focus more on financial matters of the country rather than repealing things like gay marriage (seriously what's the point in going after that?).

If the Republican party could become a party that is fiscally moderate or conservative, but socially liberal, TRUST ME, they would get a lot of democrats on their side, including me, my family and many friends. The problem is in the last couple decades, the Republican party has catered way too much to the religious zealots and the bigoted, which has resulted to where it is today.

Block the nomination, let another party form where Palin, Carson, Trump, Bachman, and the like can form a new one, a Tea Party, and take all the whackos and ignorant folks, and let the Republican Party reinvent itself that can truly capture what Americans really want.
i see you are big on name calling.

trump is winning because he believes in ISSUES, and doesn't get sucked into political correctness, like you just did.

we want a border fence for everybody.

we want america safe for everybody.

we want more jobs for everybody.

we want higher pay for everybody.

we don't want forced mandatory health insurance.

we don't want skyrocketing energy costs.

we don't want massive inflation which is a function of big government.

we want better negotiations around the world, which is why some of the rest of the world is now bitching at trump, and name calling.

we want more transparency, which we are now clearly getting with both parties, albeit accidentally. Those little demonstrations, trying to jump the stages, flag dragging, and attention seeking childish behaviors are now becoming more apparent. We can now see daylight on who is with America and who is not. Clearly, the media is not on our side, but we are an army now.

we are fed up and we love America, and we don't get sucked up in emotional rants.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:24 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,962,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That's not a true Republican, and true Republicans don't care if you think they should be "fiscally moderately conservative". Enough taking other peoples money. Go back to the Dem party. As for "socially liberal", a true Republican doesn't EVEN WANT THE GOVERNMENT INVOLVED IN HALF OF THE "ISSUES" that special little snowflakes think need government intervention.

Your "type" would mean more RINOs. The Republican party has WAY more than enough of those.
The fact that Republicans are constantly going on about who and who isn't a true Republican is all you need to know about the party's future viability.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:27 PM

30,279 posts, read 23,766,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The fact that Republicans are constantly going on about who and who isn't a true Republican is all you need to know about the party's future viability.
I don't disagree with you. As far as CD is concerned, I've been calling neo-cons out since I joined this forum. I did not vote for the establishment pukes in the last two elections, and I won't start now.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:27 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,827,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i see you are big on name calling.

trump is winning because he believes in ISSUES, and doesn't get sucked into political correctness, like you just did.

we want a border fence for everybody.

we want america safe for everybody.

we want more jobs for everybody.

we want higher pay for everybody.

we don't want forced mandatory health insurance.

we don't want skyrocketing energy costs.

we don't want massive inflation which is a function of big government.

we want better negotiations around the world, which is why some of the rest of the world is now bitching at trump, and name calling.

we want more transparency, which we are now clearly getting with both parties, albeit accidentally. Those little demonstrations, trying to jump the stages, flag dragging, and attention seeking childish behaviors are now becoming more apparent. We can now see daylight on who is with America and who is not. Clearly, the media is not on our side, but we are an army now.

we are fed up and we love America, and we don't get sucked up in emotional rants.
Well then you have your guy! Enjoy supporting Trump

Old 03-17-2016, 02:28 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Quote:
Of course not all of them are like that, but if Trump appeals to you you have to have some of those attributes,
Nope. You simply attempt to place yourself on a higher pedestal with insult because you lack real argument. If you do have one, you didn't present it in that long OP.

It's quite easy to demonize those you disagree with rather than to actually address the actual issues that lead to that disagreement. Reluctance to do so generally means you aren't so sure of your own positions on the matter.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:28 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,105,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Seriously? Again, freedom of speech is reserved only for the trump followers. Try reading some of the anti cruz, sanders, clinton, rubio.... posts made by trump followers. Not suppresses their right to vote, simply posting opinions about the candidates. Nobody here has followed any trump followers into the voting booth and forced them to mark a different candidate on the ballot, but all (on obht sides of the opinions) have freely used their freedom of speech to say what they liked or didn't like in regards to candidates. So, give it up, nobody's rights are being suppressed here.
You know very well that Democrats, and the media have made constant calls for Trump, and his supporters to alienate anyone the Democrats consider bigots. They constantly attack Trump, and his supporter, calling them racist/bigots, and many other lies in an attempt to force Trump to alienate voters. You are using your first amendment right to lie, and spread misinformation, and demand that those that you don't agree with be removed from the election process.

You can deny it all you want, but your credibly is completely gone, nobody believes you.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:29 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
No, it just shows you that the Republican party is diverse and people in the party can think for themselves unlike the Democratic party who's members vote blindly for whoever they are told to vote for. If there ever was a party that resembles the fascists of the 1930s, it's the democrats. There is no tolerance for anyone who might think outside of the box, and if you do say anything against the Democratic establishment, you are quickly shut up and publicly humiliated. Sure sounds like Italy and Germany in the 1930s.

Old 03-17-2016, 02:31 PM

9,373 posts, read 14,327,319 times
Quote:
They would take this opportunity in regards to Trump to get rid of all the psychotic and ignorant supporters by blocking a Trump nomination. I think this is a great opportunity for the Republican party to reinvent itself. Here is why:

Most Americans tend to be moderate. Most tend to be more socially liberal and fiscally conservative/moderate. That includes me and many people I know be it friends or family. I have always voted Democrat, not because I am a Democrat at heart but I can't get behind how the Republican party caters to religious zealots and the ignorant folks. I am not saying that this how all Republicans are like, I am just saying the GOP makes an effort to cater to them. The Democrats do too in regards to the poor, but the tone isn't so divisive or such in such a negative rhetoric. How the Republican party produces candidates like Sarah Palin, Trump and Michelle Bachmann is scary, and most intelligent people would agree.

If the GOP were to block the Trump nomination, they would lose a lot of support from the bigoted supporters and religious zealots who are nuts about him, almost like a cult, which IMO is a good thing. They could then focus more on financial matters of the country rather than repealing things like gay marriage (seriously what's the point in going after that?).

If the Republican party could become a party that is fiscally moderate or conservative, but socially liberal, TRUST ME, they would get a lot of democrats on their side, including me, my family and many friends. The problem is in the last couple decades, the Republican party has catered way too much to the religious zealots and the bigoted, which has resulted to where it is today.

Block the nomination, let another party form where Palin, Carson, Trump, Bachman, and the like can form a new one, a Tea Party, and take all the whackos and ignorant folks, and let the Republican Party reinvent itself that can truly capture what Americans really want.
Many would agree that fiscal responsibility and laissez-faire on personal issues would be the ideal basis for a political party. And how about some territorial integrity and legality while we're at it?

I don't care what name you give it.

However, your remarks should have been directed at the likes of Santorum and Cruz, while Trump right now is the one who comes closest to that ideal basis.

As it stands, nobody knows what "republican" means anymore, so good riddance if that's the outcome.

But, yes, Trump should have disavowed Palin's endorsement, though as a practical matter he unfortunately has to pander to that crowd too, it makes up, what, some 25%-35% of the base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections