Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There are a LOT of LDS in Arizona. After Trump was dumb enough to diss Romney the LDS vote could be a major factor for Cruz.
Yeah, I posted about that, too. I would be pretty put off by a candidate that questioned the religion of a well know leader in in my same faith! Especially coming from a Two Corrinthians guy who puts a donation on the "little cracker plate" when he goes to "show church."

Old 03-21-2016, 07:48 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
, but when someone attacks a fellow Mormon the way Trump has Romney, it doesn't sit well with me, and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

Well Katz,if Romney hadn't started it by interjecting himself into things by coming out as the face of the 'Anyone but Trump Movement',going on national television and attacking Trump as a fraud,liar,horrible businessman,etc. then Trump would have had no reason to attack Romney.

Romney attacked first and hard and considering the way Romney was fawning all over Trump four years ago it just made him look like a hypocrite and a party hack.Four years ago when Romney wanted Trumps support he was on TV telling everyone how wonderful Trump was and gushing about what a great businessman,job creator, and person Trump is and four years later he comes out like Trump is the 'Republican Antichrist'.Was Romney lying four years ago about Trump??What changed???

While Trump has made me wince more than a time or two or three,hes not a Mormon so I don't expect him to act like one.Romney was never my hero but I did vote for him in 2012 and thought he was an honorable guy.The way he came after Trump vs the way he courted him four years ago tells me otherwise....I do expect a fellow Mormon of Romneys stature to act like one,not like a typical two faced hypocrite politician.... Instead of just endorsing someone else because he doesn't want Trump he campaigns for Rubio in Florida-While campaigning for Kasich in Ohio-While campaigning for Cruz in Idaho trying to get a brokered convention.....where he would 'accept' the nomination if drafted.

While we often see eye to eye Katz,I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.... I don't think hes attacked Romney enough....it does sit well with me under the circumstances.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:58 AM

184 posts, read 135,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Trumps been a distant third in Utah all year,no surprise there.
.. and he still went there...

Old 03-22-2016, 09:02 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,660,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Considering Kasich is destroying Trump in the new Utah poll, no, you are not alone
Or more importantly, he is keeping Cruz from hitting 50%. That is is real reason for being there.

Old 03-22-2016, 09:06 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,466 times
Trump will win Arizona and Cruz will win Utah the question is whether either will get 50%. Keeping the train running towards a brokered convention

Old 03-22-2016, 09:34 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Well Katz,if Romney hadn't started it by interjecting himself into things by coming out as the face of the 'Anyone but Trump Movement',going on national television and attacking Trump as a fraud,liar,horrible businessman,etc. then Trump would have had no reason to attack Romney.

Romney attacked first and hard and considering the way Romney was fawning all over Trump four years ago it just made him look like a hypocrite and a party hack.Four years ago when Romney wanted Trumps support he was on TV telling everyone how wonderful Trump was and gushing about what a great businessman,job creator, and person Trump is and four years later he comes out like Trump is the 'Republican Antichrist'.Was Romney lying four years ago about Trump??What changed???

While Trump has made me wince more than a time or two or three,hes not a Mormon so I don't expect him to act like one.Romney was never my hero but I did vote for him in 2012 and thought he was an honorable guy.The way he came after Trump vs the way he courted him four years ago tells me otherwise....I do expect a fellow Mormon of Romneys stature to act like one,not like a typical two faced hypocrite politician.... Instead of just endorsing someone else because he doesn't want Trump he campaigns for Rubio in Florida-While campaigning for Kasich in Ohio-While campaigning for Cruz in Idaho trying to get a brokered convention.....where he would 'accept' the nomination if drafted.

While we often see eye to eye Katz,I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.... I don't think hes attacked Romney enough....it does sit well with me under the circumstances.
Actually, your post has made me reconsider. I'm afraid I just detest Trump so much that I was just looking for one more thing about him to dislike. But, yeah, Romney probably had it coming.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:09 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Mormons in Utah were never voting for Trump,didn't matter what Romney said.If Romney endorsed Trump he'd still be behind in Utah.Mormons don't need Mitt Romney to think for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
People in Utah genuinely dislike Trump. They are willing to overlook major flaws or even disagreeing viewpoints to keep Trump from winning.

It has nothing to do with what Romney has said. Cruz could say something totally off the wall and they would still vote for him because it's about not supporting Trump for many Republicans in the west right now. They're looking to stop Trump, not voting for a candidate they like or agree with.

As far as Mormon leadership goes, stake president is on the lower end of things. It's not a major leadership role within the organization. The vast majority of my family is LDS and lives in Utah, within the church he isn't really considered a religious leader at all.
It's great that we have so many Mormons in this thread. I tend to agree with you about Romney, but what about Glenn Beck and all his campaigning based on The End Times and prophesy? What are the "Priesthood Holders" that he keeps calling for? Glenn Beck says that the Evangelicals failed their God when they didn't vote for Ted Cruz and that the prophets sent Ted Cruz to lead us in the End Times to save us all.

Is that what will direct the Vote in Utah?

Glenn Beck at Cruz Rally in Utah

There are a lot of these videos of both Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz in Utah .... is Ted Cruz supposed to be a Politician or a Religious Leader? I have to say ..... that "Mormon Savior" stuff may play well in Utah, but I don't think it will go anywhere at all in a General Election. This stuff is creeping out a bunch of people.
I've watched at least 6 of these U-tube speeches with Glenn Beck - sometimes Mike Lee & Ted Cruz are included and sometimes not - but the "End Times & Prophesy" stuff is always there.

Mormon Glenn Beck reveals God's chosen man Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz is Mormon Prophecy Fulfilled

Old 03-22-2016, 10:19 AM

28,103 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's great that we have so many Mormons in this thread. I tend to agree with you about Romney, but what about Glenn Beck and all his campaigning based on The End Times and prophesy? What are the "Priesthood Holders" that he keeps calling for? Glenn Beck says that the Evangelicals failed their God when they didn't vote for Ted Cruz and that the prophets sent Ted Cruz to lead us in the End Times to save us all.

There are a lot of these videos of both Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz in Utah .... is Ted Cruz supposed to be a Politician or a Religious Leader? I have to say ..... that "Mormon Savior" stuff may play well in Utah, but I don't think it will go anywhere at all in a General Election. This stuff is creeping out a bunch of people.
I've watched at least 6 of these U-tube speeches with Glenn Beck - sometimes Mike Lee & Ted Cruz are included and sometimes not - but the "End Times & Prophesy" stuff is always there.

Mormon Glenn Beck reveals God's chosen man Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is Mormon Prophecy Fulfilled.
You've got to realize that there are many, many Mormons who consider Glenn Beck to be nothing more than a bad joke. He doesn't represent my beliefs or worldview in the slightest, and I know I'm not the only one who feels like I do. I am honestly embarrassed to be of the same religion as he is. Just remember that there are nut jobs across the board. You'll find them in every religion around.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:29 AM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Three Mormons were injured in the Belgium airport attack by Islamic terrorists this morning. I wonder if the violence against their missionaries in Europe by Muslim extremists will have an affect on Utah voting today, the home of the LDS?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:33 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You've got to realize that there are many, many Mormons who consider Glenn Beck to be nothing more than a bad joke. He doesn't represent my beliefs or worldview in the slightest, and I know I'm not the only one who feels like I do. I am honestly embarrassed to be of the same religion as he is. Just remember that there are nut jobs across the board. You'll find them in every religion around.
Glenn Beck is a Mormon? Wow. That dude is insane.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections