Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,453,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Yep. New poll from Utah has Cruz with a huge lead over Trump, even Kasich is crushing Trump! LOL!! Even more interesting, a new poll just showed Utah would vote for HILLARY over Trump! This is a solid red state that hasn't voted Democrat since 1948! Trump is a pathetic clown who will get destroyed in a landslide against Hillary. People voting Trump are just voting for Hillary, stupid.

New poll shows Ted Cruz with a big lead in Utah | The Salt Lake Tribune
Utah just isn't important. It's a state full of religious zealots who do NOT represent the US as a whole in ANY major way at all. Even the laws in that state are wacky and unusual.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:59 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Utah just isn't important. It's a state full of religious zealots who do NOT represent the US as a whole in ANY major way at all. Even the laws in that state are wacky and unusual.
Those are, flat out, the words of a bigot. You may feel all superior lumping 3 million people together, but you are clearly the zealot in your own way. Those "religious zealots" just elected an openly lesbian mayor of Salt Lake City. There are many states in the U.S. where that would never, ever happen.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's great that we have so many Mormons in this thread. I tend to agree with you about Romney, but what about Glenn Beck and all his campaigning based on The End Times and prophesy? What are the "Priesthood Holders" that he keeps calling for? Glenn Beck says that the Evangelicals failed their God when they didn't vote for Ted Cruz and that the prophets sent Ted Cruz to lead us in the End Times to save us all.

Is that what will direct the Vote in Utah?

Glenn Beck at Cruz Rally in Utah

There are a lot of these videos of both Glenn Beck and Ted Cruz in Utah .... is Ted Cruz supposed to be a Politician or a Religious Leader? I have to say ..... that "Mormon Savior" stuff may play well in Utah, but I don't think it will go anywhere at all in a General Election. This stuff is creeping out a bunch of people.
I've watched at least 6 of these U-tube speeches with Glenn Beck - sometimes Mike Lee & Ted Cruz are included and sometimes not - but the "End Times & Prophesy" stuff is always there.

Mormon Glenn Beck reveals God's chosen man Ted Cruz
Ted Cruz is Mormon Prophecy Fulfilled
These conspiracy theorists scare the crap out of me. I have a question for the zealots. If God is real and he really sent Cruz here to win the election to save us all, why is he losing so badly? Could God not really exist at all? I think it's a really good chance he's fake and only lives in your minds.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Those are, flat out, the words of a bigot. You may feel all superior lumping 3 million people together, but you are clearly the zealot in your own way.
Oh stop it. Utah is a very odd state. That's a fact.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:03 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Oh stop it. Utah is a very odd state. That's a fact.
No, it's your opinion, that's all it is.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:08 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,123,736 times
Quote:
These conspiracy theorists scare the crap out of me. I have a question for the zealots. If God is real and he really sent Cruz here to win the election to save us all, why is he losing so badly? Could God not really exist at all? I think it's a really good chance he's fake and only lives in your minds.
You heretic!! Here are couple of answers I can provide.

"It's in God's plans."
"Lord works in mysterious ways."
"Suck it, non-believer."

Mick

Old 03-22-2016, 01:22 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,400,602 times
Quote:
There is a God, and he just has a really great sense of humor.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:44 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Now you are sounding like the RNC Rules Committee that claim only "the Poltical Elite, i.e. them) choose a Party Nominee. That's just Garbage.

EVERY Voter and every State is "important". It's not up to anyone in this Nation to deny them the vote or to say "it just isn't important".

Old 03-22-2016, 01:46 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,279,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
No offense taken.

And it's not my intention to do that, either.

I apologize if I came across as being picky. What I was trying to say is anybody who teaches a Sunday School class could be said to be a preacher. Glenn Beck is certainly not in any kind of position to be speaking in a way that could be misconstrued as sanctioned by or approved by the LDS Church.

Yes, but even the fact that he is a "priesthood holder" means very little. Every 12-year-old boy who goes to church on Sundays with his parents is also a "priesthood holder." I was merely trying to make the point that, as far the the LDS Church is concerned, Glenn Beck is a nobody. As far as a lot of right-wing Mormons are concerned, he's a role model. But that's just them talking; it's not their Church endorsing him as a spokesman of some kind.

I wish I could tell you. Crazy birds of a feather flock together, I guess.
Thank you - I appreciate your viewpoints and contribution to this thread.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:53 PM

17,349 posts, read 11,302,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
He converted in 2000 and is basically also a Mormon preacher. His money manager is also Cruz's money manager. They have long and close ties.
Now that's interesting. I wonder if Mormons think Beck is an over the top religious wacko? I always thought the vast majority of Mormons where very good people being patriotic, pro family and religious. I just think Beck is way over the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections