Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 02:17 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Now that's interesting. I wonder if Mormons think Beck is an over the top religious wacko? I always thought the vast majority of Mormons where very good people being patriotic, pro family and religious. I just think Beck is way over the top.
There are definitely Mormons who think Glenn Beck is brilliant and inspired. I'd say most of us would agree with you that he's way over the top.

Old 03-22-2016, 02:30 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
There are definitely Mormons who think Glenn Beck is brilliant and inspired. I'd say most of us would agree with you that he's way over the top.
That doesn't surprise me. I think almost every religion has it's over the top vocal zealots that we wish would take it down a few notches.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:17 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
In Arizona

Quote:
The reason for the long lines is the number of independent voters making their way to the polls despite their ineligibility, said Elizabeth Bartholomew, communications manager at the Maricopa County Elections Department.

“There’s going to be long lines. People have to plan for that,” Bartholomew said. “A large number of independents are showing up to the polls, and when they find out they can’t vote, they may be upset. If independents are there, it takes time to explain to them why they cannot vote.”
Officials: Ineligible independent voters show up to polls, cause long lines - Cronkite News - Arizona PBS

Not sounding good for Bernie or Trump, since they draw a lot of their support from non-party registered voters.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:30 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
In Arizona

Officials: Ineligible independent voters show up to polls, cause long lines - Cronkite News - Arizona PBS

Not sounding good for Bernie or Trump, since they draw a lot of their support from non-party registered voters.
Doesn't matter though it's a beautiful day here in the low desert so people probably just want to get some fresh air/sun. Trump up in AZ by 13% last poll, winner take all state. He's got it easy I think. BIG leads in CA, NY, and PA too.

Polls: Donald Trump leads in Arizona, California, NY - Business Insider

My guess is cruz wins in UT. Their mormon hero romney is "anybody but trump" so I think it's obvious what the flock will do.

As for bernie, the older folks overall don't vote for him apparently anywhere so he has little chance just on this issue alone.

Bernie Sanders knows he needs to get older voters - CNNPolitics.com

Older voters tend to vote hillary says the data. I thought it's said that with age comes wisdom?

Old 03-22-2016, 07:33 PM

184 posts, read 135,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Trump up in AZ by 13% last poll, winner take all state.
if thats true.. seems the late undecided voters didn't do much..

Old 03-22-2016, 07:38 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
In Arizona

The long lines are because the county reduced the number of polling stations by 70% from last time. There is considerable anger. People in rural areas have to drive miles to the nearest polling place whereas in the past they went to local schools and churches. Not surprisingly, the rural areas are overwhelmingly hispanic.

Old 03-22-2016, 07:42 PM

184 posts, read 135,551 times
Trouble at Arizonas historic poll today:

Something Is Going Seriously Wrong at Arizona Polls Today

And Arizona cutting polling sites to save money..

Arizona cutting polling sites - Twitter

and like most other primaries there's still people in line after the polls close..

Last edited by Tribes; 03-22-2016 at 08:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections