Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 10:55 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,357,862 times

Advertisements

Look at those numbers, oooooff! Said it before and I will say it again, if its Hillary and Trump, he will lose in an epic landslide. It will be one of the most lopsided elections in history.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybens...roups-n2135769

In a hypothetical Clinton v. Trump contest in November, voters under 35 would choose Clinton by a crushing 52%-19%, a preference that crosses demographic lines. Among whites, she'd be backed by nearly 2-1, 45%-26%. Among Hispanics, by more than 4-1, 61%-14%. Among Asian Americans, by 5-1, 60%-11%. Among African Americans, by 13-1, 67%-5%. ...Nearly one in four Republicans would defect to the Democrats if the GOP nominated Trump against Clinton. Just 7% of Democrats would defect to the GOP. A new Reuters poll shows that fully 50 percent of American women hold a "very unfavorable" view of Trump, up ten points since the fall. The survey predicts that Clinton would beat Trump among women by 14 points, while Trump would narrowly carry men. That math portends a decisive loss. A new Gallup poll shows that only 12 percent of U.S. Hispanics have a favorable opinion of Trump, while 77 percent have an unfavorable view of him. By comparison, 59 percent of Hispanics have a favorable view of Democratic hopeful Hillary Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 10:59 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,313,083 times
I'll play the role of Trump supporter: 'It's a media conspiracy! Even if it's true, there are enough old white voters to put him over the top! Go Trump!'

How'd I do? Was that at least somewhat believable?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:00 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,928,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
I'll play the role of Trump supporter: 'It's a media conspiracy! Even if it's true, there are enough old white voters to put him over the top! Go Trump!'

You can't win with just the white Vote anymore those days are over. Plus plenty of young white mellenials do not like Trump

Old 03-18-2016, 11:02 PM

Quote:

Pretty good, except its not even "old white people", he does terribly with women regardless of race. His base of support is old white men, the fastest shrinking demographic out there.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:08 PM

4,661 posts, read 4,152,463 times
Do everyone a favor--worry about the generals when it is time.

HILLARY PROBABLY BEATS TRUMP, which is why a lot of us wanted anyone but Trump. That being said:

1) Trump has the potential to double his support. His voters are Jackson Democrats/Reagan Democrats/non-traditional Republicans. The establishment is going to have to play ball, and he can probably get a lot of that base back. A lot of the dimmer bulbs amongst the Dems don't get that there is the serious potenial for backfire here, but a lot of the smarter ones do.

2) Trump will never get Hispanics but he has more of a chance of peeling off black voters than any other Republican would have. He can go to them and say honestly that he is a genuine liberal, and point out that their community is needs the jobs he is promising more than any. He doesn't need much. If he gets to 10% of the black vote he cannot lose the election.

3) Hillary's support is tepid at best and she might get indicted.

Just wait until the nominations are locked up and then we will see what happens.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:12 PM

21,367 posts, read 19,999,609 times
And what were the results among people who don't waste their time answering polls?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:13 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,313,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
You can't win with just the white Vote anymore those days are over. Plus plenty of young white mellenials do not like Trump
I know it's difficult to convey sarcasm in writing, but didn't you read my second paragraph? Perhaps another example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Pretty good, except its not even "old white people", he does terribly with women regardless of race. His base of support is old white men, the fastest shrinking demographic out there.
'No! the idea that old white men are a shrinking demographic is a media lie! White men actually age like Benjamin Button! Therefore, old white men are gradually getting younger! This is only the case for white men though; all other demographics age conventionally.'

Is the sarcasm more clear now?

Old 03-18-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Do everyone a favor--worry about the generals when it is time.

HILLARY PROBABLY BEATS TRUMP, which is why a lot of us wanted anyone but Trump. That being said:

1) Trump has the potential to double his support. His voters are Jackson Democrats/Reagan Democrats/non-traditional Republicans. The establishment is going to have to play ball, and he can probably get a lot of that base back. A lot of the dimmer bulbs amongst the Dems don't get that there is the serious potenial for backfire here, but a lot of the smarter ones do.

2) Trump will never get Hispanics but he has more of a chance of peeling off black voters than any other Republican would have. He can go to them and say honestly that he is a genuine liberal, and point out that their community is needs the jobs he is promising more than any. He doesn't need much. If he gets to 10% of the black vote he cannot lose the election.

3) Hillary's support is tepid at best and she might get indicted.

Just wait until the nominations are locked up and then we will see what happens.
1) Double his support? Every day that goes by he LOSES more support as more Republicans come right out and say they back Cruz and will never support Trump.

2) Hillary is destroying Sanders with black voters but you think Trump will somehow get them to vote for him over Hillary? LOL!!

3) Hillary's support is tepid? She has over a MILLION more votes than Trump does and the GOP is seeing record turnouts while Democratic turnout has been way down. Thats anything but tepid. As for an indictment, it would have happened by now, wishful thinking.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:18 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,928,928 times
Quote:
I know it's difficult to convey sarcasm in writing, but didn't you read my second paragraph? Perhaps another example:

'No! the idea that old white men are a shrinking demographic is a media lie! White men actually age like Benjamin Button! Therefore, old white men are gradually getting younger! This is only the case for white men though; all other demographics age conventionally.'

Is the sarcasm more clear now?
Sorry my bad..

Old 03-18-2016, 11:19 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,585,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
And what were the results among people who don't waste their time answering polls?
The margins quoted in this article are so Y-U-U-U-U-G-E that they easily cancel out any errors in sampling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections