Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 06:10 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,523,369 times

Advertisements

Bernie Sander's supporters are obsessed with being anti capitalists. No matter what the cost. They turn a blind eye to the fact that when America was more moderate and together after WWII that our system created the greatest middle class in the history of the world. It has only been 2 generations. It is possible with innovation we can do it again. Bernie Sander's doesn't want that. He wants to redistribute the money pot and watch it grow smaller and smaller. France is not a better country than the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 06:17 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
What is clear to me is a lot of these people are a lot more anti-Clinton than pro-sanders. I think having a woman as the candidate is scary to white men who want to think they are progressive, and saying they support Bernie is giving them cover to not support Hillary.

So true. And sad.

Clicking on "#bimbo" on twitter last night from a post about Megan Kelly brought up posts of Megan Kelly AND Hillary Clinton.

It is disgracefully ignorant, immature, a shame to the entire nation and every man's wife, mother, sister, aunt, grandmother and daughter, and an insult to all intelligent women. Christ, it's even an insult to actual bimbos!!

Even if I could get past the "bimo" comments being applied to Kelly- and I can't but I went to high school and college so I know chicks often get labeled this merely for the crime of being "pretty" and ESPECIALLY if you are pretty yet refused to have sex with some dude so such comments are either him taking out his misplaced anger and /or some warped rationalization.

EVEN IF I could look beyond that. .... HILLARY CLINTON A BIMBO??!!

Call her a liar, a criminal, or a saint if you want but Ms. Clinton is the EXACT OPPOSITE OF A "BIMBO!" Look up "bimbo" in a thesaurus and her picture is there under "antonyms."

Old 04-03-2016, 06:36 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,282,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Bernie Sander's supporters are obsessed with being anti capitalists. No matter what the cost. They turn a blind eye to the fact that when America was more moderate and together after WWII that our system created the greatest middle class in the history of the world. It has only been 2 generations. It is possible with innovation we can do it again. Bernie Sander's doesn't want that. He wants to redistribute the money pot and watch it grow smaller and smaller. France is not a better country than the US.

No he doesn't. He actually would like to return to an economy more like the one in the 1950s- 1960s where we merely had more tax brackets. Up to 90% for those above a "very high" threshold.

I agree, we can do it again! When we return to common sense tax laws. We've been living under the 1980s Reagan tax decreases- mainly benefiting the wealthy yet for some reason the poor and middle class thought this was fantastic because they made like ten bucks more a week with little regard to the future.

During those 35 years, we have experienced the greatest income and wealth gap between top 1% vs everyone else.

I cannot even imagine the fallout from essentially DOUBLING that gap due to Trump's proposals.

Sanders also wants to return jobs to the USA, like they were prior to the 1980s. Trump OTOH has his staff uniforms, etc, made overseas. And so of course he is not going to bring jobs back here no matter what he preaches. It benefits him not to. Trump IS corporate America at it's worst.

Say what you want about Sander college aged supporters all you want but you're overlooking the fact that college grads have more education in history, math, sociology, and economics.

"Those who don't learn from history....... "

Old 04-03-2016, 07:31 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Shouldn't Bernie Sanders hold some responsibility?

HOLD BERNIE SANDERS ACCOUNTABLE FOR BULLYING BY HIS SUPPORTERS

"There are several petitions being circulated by the supporters of Bernie Sanders asking people NOT to support the Democratic nominee if Bernie doesn't win the primary election. This is not activism, this is anarchy, and it subverts the election process upon which our democracy was founded. "

Sensitivity Training: Bernie's Meltdown Over Hillary's Truth Telling Exposes Nature of a Bully

"This is how bullies act when they are stood up to. They throw a tantrum because they do not understand how someone is standing up to them. They cannot stand the fact that they are being called out, and they want to quickly crush any talk of that calling out."
His supporters are such a turnoff and such a big part of his campaign - that I have decided not to give Sanders my vote should he win the nomination.

That and TAXES.

What is his plan for ISIS? Send over the bird?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
And, there is nothing wrong with voting for "the lesser of the evils" as many do every election. You choose the better of the two. And, Bernie is not the only not Hillary candidate. Bernie has some very different ideas and I think most are supporting his ideas and not just rebelling against the Queen of Liars Hillary. People with integrity will have a hard time swallowing the bitter pill that voting for Hillary is.

I see absolutely no issue with people being encouraged not to support a candidate especially when it is someone like Hillary. The country does not want her. Her time was 2008 and the party took it from her. I am sure she was promised the nomination in 2008 for her support of Obama.

People are done with the dynasty candidates and were able to drop kick Bush out of the race, now it is time to do the same to Hillary.

Trump is my first choice and Bernie my second choice because of what they stand for. I believe that Bernie is honest and patriotic and that Hillary is neither.

All this bully stuff is more "pc" garbage that my candidate is trying to get rid of. I encourage everyone to get out there and support Bernie and don't give into to what the media says to discourage you. Hillary has a lot of money to spend to try to poison people against Bernie, so show her you can't be bought
. I guess that is "bullying"?

Know thy candidate, Hillary:

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/c...p?id=N00000019
Sigh. Every Trump supporter wants to run against Sanders. We know. We know.

Ya'll could not be more transparent.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:46 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,224,183 times
As I said on another thread, it's been a while now since Bernie stopped running FOR something and simply AGAINST Hillary. The crowd at his rallies boo anytime he mentions Hillary and he encourages it now, instead of trying to keep it about the issues and not make it personal.

And aside from one statement that was a while ago now, he has done nothing to try to stop the attacks by his supporters on social media. You can have a difference of opinion with someone without calling them vile names. You can support a different candidate without saying that the other candidate, who happens to be a woman, should get raped. This is going on and no one from the Sanders campaign is saying anything except telling more lies about Hillary which continues to fuel this kind of virulent extremism.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
As I said on another thread, it's been a while now since Bernie stopped running FOR something and simply AGAINST Hillary. The crowd at his rallies boo anytime he mentions Hillary and he encourages it now, instead of trying to keep it about the issues and not make it personal.

And aside from one statement that was a while ago now, he has done nothing to try to stop the attacks by his supporters on social media. You can have a difference of opinion with someone without calling them vile names. You can support a different candidate without saying that the other candidate, who happens to be a woman, should get raped. This is going on and no one from the Sanders campaign is saying anything except telling more lies about Hillary which continues to fuel this kind of virulent extremism.
Yeah. I've been told to deep throat a shotgun.

Every time I hear his speeches - it more about Hillary than it is about HIS plans.

Initially I was vote blue no matter who but between his ugly supporters AND his scorched earth tax plan AND his seeming disinterest in anything other than Wall Street ~ can't do it.

I also don't think Trump or Cruz will be the Republican party nominee. I think it will be someone much more moderate.

IF it's Cruz, I may have to rethink my position.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Jack Tapper held his feet to the fire this morning over his recent allegations of Clinton's fossil fuel donors and the fact that Sanders has some, too. Tapper read excerpts of the Washington Post article that fact-checked Sanders' claims against Clinton and concluded that he was "exaggerating greatly" and gave him three Pinocchios for fibbing.

Tapper also called him out for stating that he wouldn't discuss Clinton's issues with the FBI, then showed a clip of a Sanders rally in which Sanders had the actress Rosario Dawson on stage addressing that very topic. Tapper pointed out that it appeared he was simply using a surrogate to do his dirty work. Sanders just blustered his way through the interview and said his supporters can say what they want and to "let the voters decide" about the issue of donors.

He's a tool ... just like the rest of them.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:06 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,964,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah. I've been told to deep throat a shotgun.

Every time I hear his speeches - it more about Hillary than it is about HIS plans.

Initially I was vote blue no matter who but between his ugly supporters AND his scorched earth tax plan AND his seeming disinterest in anything other than Wall Street ~ can't do it.

I also don't think Trump or Cruz will be the Republican party nominee. I think it will be someone much more moderate.

IF it's Cruz, I may have to rethink my position.
I'm about 75% sure that Ringo1 and emm74 are the same robot.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I wasn't referring to her. I've been supporter of Greenpeace for decades. Some of them risk their lives to save whales. However, I also know how extreme activists can be.

Since you brought it up, Bernie Sanders has also gotten money from oil & gas. Here's a list from The Center for Responsive Politics.

Selected Industry Totals | OpenSecrets

So if she's gotten $333,000 that's about 2 tenths of 1% of the approximately $158 million she's raised for her campaign and the DNC.
We're talking third party channels, like Super PACs (yes, they can co-ordinate, who are we kidding here) and lobbyists. And when Wall Street investors that have billions of investments in oil and gas and law firms that lobby for oil and gas both are her two biggest donors, there is a conflict of interest even though its officially not counted as "oil and gas money". And the Clinton Foundation also gets alot of money from the fossil fuel industry even though its not part of the campaign, it is a conflict of interest.

Fossil Fuel Investors Are Pumping Millions of Dollars Into Hillary Clinton's Campaign

Here is Clinton attacking Obama for getting donations from oil and gas btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3brtgu8nB9I

Last edited by PCALMike; 04-03-2016 at 08:29 AM..

Old 04-03-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm about 75% sure that Ringo1 and emm74 are the same robot.
Wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections