Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 10:00 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Hillary is a Republican with some peppered socially liberal ideas gained via public polling.
Yep. That's a fact. Arlen Specter in drag.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'd think you'd be more concerned about how your candidate is taking the loss in Wisconsin. She's 7 losses out of 8 now.
Nice attempt to deflect. But since you brought it up I would happily vote for either Democratic candidate in the general election. Set your deflections aside and try to defend Trump's sore loser, whining little girl tweet.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:06 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,625 times
Is he? No.

And i also hope people don't forget before the New York primary on the 19th, We have a state convention in Wyoming on the 16th.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:07 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,925,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Is Trump doomed after Wisconsin ? No ...

Did Cruz win 30 delegates that he had to have ? Yes

End of story - Northeast coming ...
Expect something of a reversal of Trump's fortunes when they hit the Northeast in about 2 weeks. When he wins NY, PA, etc, then the hangers-on columnists will be scurrying to change their "opinions".

I'm saying this as a Dem. I'd vote for either Hillary of Bernie, but Cruz just makes me sick. He is just appallingly bad, disgraceful..

Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,925,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
So what. The goal here is not to have Cruz be the nomimee anyway. The goal is "anyone but Trump". That's how bad Trump is - that voters are choosing anyone else just to ensure Trump doesn't win. An exit poll from WI showed that many GOP voters are afraid of a Trump presidency. I bet Trump loses PA also. We haven't seen any recent polls in Maryland or Delaware but I doubt Trump would do well in those 2 states.

Contested convention here we come.
You could just as easily have said "that's how bad Cruz is"; no one really wants him, either...

Old 04-06-2016, 10:11 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
He probably won't need anywhere near most of them. But I do think that he's going to need an "establishment" type VP who is well-regarded in the GOP such as Giuliani, Sessions or Gingrich to sway some of the old fuddy duddies. I don't think Christie or Carson will cut the mustard.

It's really sad that Cruz, Kasich and Rubio are not willing to be his VP. Speaks volumes about their handlers' motives. They couldn't care less about stopping Hillary.
Or perhaps they either a) are still offended by some of the nasty, personal attacks Trump engaged in, b) genuinely believe he would be awful for the country, or c) think he will go down like a leaded balloon in the general and don't want their name associated with him.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:13 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nice attempt to deflect. But since you brought it up I would happily vote for either Democratic candidate in the general election. Set your deflections aside and try to defend Trump's sore loser, whining little girl tweet.
There is no defense. One again, he's acting like a middle school student, and an immature, spoiled one at that.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:15 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Is Trump doomed after Wisconsin ? No ...

Did Cruz win 30 delegates that he had to have ? Yes

End of story - Northeast coming ...
This.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:16 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Or perhaps they either a) are still offended by some of the nasty, personal attacks Trump engaged in, b) genuinely believe he would be awful for the country, or c) think he will go down like a leaded balloon in the general and don't want their name associated with him.
I don't think it's any of the above. All of these guys have bloated egos and still believe they can the nominee for POTUS. If they would concede now that being VP would be OK, it would signal an end to their POTUS hopes.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:18 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,596,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
George Soros is funding Kasich to stay in the race.
Ted Cruz is a political opportunist who is being used
by the establishment but has zero chance of being
nominated. Zero chance because he can't win on
the first ballot. On the second ballot all are free,
and he has no chance after that happens.
The establishment would love to bury Cruz in the VP
slot where he will be taken out of the Senate.
He is young and only cares about the gig, so would
probably accept VP with Ryan or Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections