Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 10:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times

Advertisements

I saw that the odds are now @74% that we would have a contested convention. If Mr. Trump is close enough to 1,237, he would be able to convert just enough unbound delegates to cross the finish line. If not . . . . . . Romney/Ryan 2016.

Mick

Old 04-06-2016, 10:47 AM

79 posts, read 129,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I saw that the odds are now @74% that we would have a contested convention. If Mr. Trump is close enough to 1,237, he would be able to convert just enough unbound delegates to cross the finish line. If not . . . . . . Romney/Ryan 2016.

Mick
My bets are on Paul Ryan to emerge as the nominee after the dust settles and fires are extinguished in Cleveland. I saw an article on Politico the other day to the effect of Ryan denouncing his intentions of seeking the nomination... Which sounds an awfully like what he was espousing before he was elected speaker last fall. Sounds like political posturing to me which allows him to "begrudgingly" accept the nomination because he was the "next best choice" - vs. His ascention having been orchestrated behind the scenes the entire time.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:06 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think some are forgetting if he doesn't lock it up on the first ballot it becomes a whole new ball game. Most non committed are not Trump supporters.
wull I am...and BTW, the polls mean nothing....

Old 04-06-2016, 01:11 PM

11,799 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Here's a thought - Trump comes close to the total needed for the nomination. Now despite the fact that the RNC does not want Trump - these Republicans in office do still want their jobs - even if they serve under Trump. You're going to see many senators and representatives scurrying to get their delegates on the down low to make sure Trump wins because they realize their next election may not pan out so well and good - bye bye to all the perks of DC.

They may love the party but it's every man for himself and they don't want their gravy train to end - they'll just hope for a Clinton win in the general.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
He will win NY and he better get the majority and win all the delegates too or its going to look bad for him after Cruz and Kasich dominated in their home states. Hard to predict the rest. Cruz has won in Wisconsin, Utah, Alaska and Maine. 4 completely different states with completely different kinds of people. Trump is going to be getting two solid weeks of negative press and he's bound to start saying more stupid and insulting things as he gets bored. Thats all going to chip away at him, can't wait to see the first national polls after last nights loss.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:36 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
He will win NY and he better get the majority and win all the delegates too or its going to look bad for him after Cruz and Kasich dominated in their home states. Hard to predict the rest. Cruz has won in Wisconsin, Utah, Alaska and Maine. 4 completely different states with completely different kinds of people. Trump is going to be getting two solid weeks of negative press and he's bound to start saying more stupid and insulting things as he gets bored. Thats all going to chip away at him, can't wait to see the first national polls after last nights loss.
First one is out ... check out the Monmouth poll from today @ RCP.

Trump is up 35 points on Cruz in NY. Guess that poll doesn't count huh ?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Four states with different kinds of people ...

Utah - devout Mormons and Warren Jeffs extended family
Wisconsin - Stepford followers of Ryan / Priebus / Walker
Alaska / Maine - people snowed in watching reruns of Green Acres

What would you expect ?

Old 04-06-2016, 01:41 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
First one is out ... check out the Monmouth poll from today @ RCP.

Trump is up 35 points on Cruz in NY. Guess that poll doesn't count huh ?
That poll was taken March 29-31. I mean polls taken after Trump's loss last night. Cruz has already been closing in on him the last month, he's going to be about even with him now I think

Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
That poll was taken March 29-31. I mean polls taken after Trump's loss last night. Cruz has already been closing in on him the last month, he's going to be about even with him now I think
Even in NY ? Send me a couple of whatever you're on ...

Old 04-06-2016, 02:10 PM

11,799 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:

dex dear man - have you even looked at the delegate count - Cruz is no where near Trump and there was an excellent article today saying how Cruz would have to get almost all the remaining delegates at this point to beat Trump - honey - you're candidate is beaten!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections