Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:53 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,925,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Here's a thought - Trump comes close to the total needed for the nomination. Now despite the fact that the RNC does not want Trump - these Republicans in office do still want their jobs - even if they serve under Trump. You're going to see many senators and representatives scurrying to get their delegates on the down low to make sure Trump wins because they realize their next election may not pan out so well and good - bye bye to all the perks of DC.

They may love the party but it's every man for himself and they don't want their gravy train to end - they'll just hope for a Clinton win in the general.
I think you hit the nail on the head here. There would be widespread revolt if Trump came extremely close, but was denied the nomination through back room negotiations. I dislike Trump, but I can't stomach that weasel Cruz, so you could say that the Trump supporters would be justified in "voicing" their displeasure by staying home in November, further guaranteeing a Dem win

Old 04-07-2016, 03:15 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Your stereotyping of people from those four states is pretty insulting, to be perfectly honest. Not only that, it's really pretty misleading to assume that all Mormons are "devout," and it's utter nonsense to assume that the FLDS people (i.e. Warren Jeffs' group) are a large enough group to matter in the slightest. Besides, they don't even vote! Ask them who the President of the United States is and they'll tell you it's Warren Jeffs. Yeah, Cruz won the Republican caucus here in Utah but Sanders won the Democratic. Those two are about as far apart on the political spectrum as they come.

His stereotyping is no different than anti Trump supporters stereotyping us as uneducated rednecks. There is a very diverse following behind Trump so before you call someone out - look in the mirror.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull I am...and BTW, the polls mean nothing....
Polls do mean very little: you are right; so far I do not remember a state where Trump has won the % he was expected to win by, based on polling. I am sure there may be a few, but I can't remember one.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:17 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Cruz is the one that is finished. And, Cruz's case, so much of his dirty tricks and lies have been put front and center that with any luck, TX will also kick him to the curb.

Why would Trump be finished? I just don't understand why anyone with basic math skills wouldn't see that Cruz is dragging tail.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
No one cares about Wisconsin. In fact until I looked it up just now, I thought Wisconsin was South Carolina. Same shape, whatever
So what you are saying is: the only states people care about are the ones Trump wins? Talk about insulting to people who live in many states. BTW: a delegate is just that and most of us do not care what state the are from.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Cruz is the one that is finished. And, Cruz's case, so much of his dirty tricks and lies have been put front and center that with any luck, TX will also kick him to the curb.

Why would Trump be finished? I just don't understand why anyone with basic math skills wouldn't see that Cruz is dragging tail.
Cruz has flipped to Trump's side on every important political issue of this campaign -- which only ARE issues because of Trump. These are:

-- Quadrupling the number of foreign guest workers to help ranchers and farmers get cheap labor: Cruz was for it, and now is against it.

-- Legalizing illegal aliens: Cruz was for it, and now is against it.

-- The Trans-Pacific Partnership deal: Cruz was for it, and now is against it.

-- Building a wall: Cruz was against it, and now is for it.

we can thank Trump for that.

also, from ann coulter:
Congratulations to Ted Cruz for winning his fourth primary! Usually Donald Trump wins the primaries -- where you go and vote, like in a real election. Cruz wins the caucuses -- run by the state parties, favored by political operators and cheaters.
Until now, the only primaries Cruz has won are in Texas (his home state), Oklahoma (basically the same state) and Idaho (where Trump never campaigned).

Old 04-07-2016, 07:45 AM

1,906 posts, read 2,040,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Then how are all the states where Trump got in the 30s a win for Trump?
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
EXACTLY,LOL!
Because if yall two would look a little closer you would see each state has an expectation for the candidate based on polling, money spent and other factors. The GOP spent a mammoth amount of money, talk radio spent its time bashing Trump, the party beat the bushes for Cruz, Cruz was polling +10. All that adds up to what should have been a layup for Ted and everything indicated he should have broke 50%. That would have been a real win.

In other places where they are spending the same, polling close etc. A +5 pt win is big.

Cruz bragging about Wisc is like an NFL team bragging it beat a college team by 14 pts when it should have been a slaughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I'll be voting against him in Maryland. I know exactly ONE Trump supporter and most of my friends are Republicans.

Like Wisconsin, the Maryland GOP electorate is highly educated. That means Trump will not fare well here.
Its funny that Cruz supporters are so quick to adopt leftist tactics, the same ones they have been deriding for ages. In this case we have the good ol only uneducated redneck inbred hillbilly trailer trash whatever else you can come up with to denigrate the opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think some are forgetting if he doesn't lock it up on the first ballot it becomes a whole new ball game. Most non committed are not Trump supporters.
I think some are forgetting that the GOP kingmakers are gonna dump Cruz right after they get rid of Trump.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:40 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
His stereotyping is no different than anti Trump supporters stereotyping us as uneducated rednecks. There is a very diverse following behind Trump so before you call someone out - look in the mirror.
What on earth would prompt you to tell me to "look in the mirror"? I stereotyped NO ONE! And for your information, I'm neither a Cruz nor a Trump supporter.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I'll be voting against him in Maryland. I know exactly ONE Trump supporter and most of my friends are Republicans.

Like Wisconsin, the Maryland GOP electorate is highly educated. That means Trump will not fare well here.
I guess they must not have sampled very many of your friends in this poll

Trump 41%
Kasich 31%
Cruz 22%

Wapo UM Poll

Old 04-28-2016, 02:51 AM

Quote:

Donald J. Trump 236,623 54.4%
John Kasich 100,089 23.0%
Ted Cruz 82,038 18.9%

Looks like your right....the Maryland GOP electorate is highly educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections