Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 11:52 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I don't know why a poll showing Sanders with a lead in CA would surprise anyone.
Have you seen a poll showing Sanders leading Clinton in CA? If so, please provide the link.
The poll posted by the OP shows Clinton +6.

The only polls which show Sanders winning in CA are those in which he's running against Trump or Cruz.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:56 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,536,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Sanders takes Wyoming, Indiana, Guam, West Virginia, Oregon, Montana, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Dakota, New York, and California.
Just winning them wouldn't be enough; he's so far behind Clinton that he would have to win them all by large margins in order to secure the nomination.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:04 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't mind either trump or sanders being the president, although I don't think either one of them is perfect.
That is the most schizophrenic political position of the century and one that is simply incomprehensible to me. If a voter supports Trump, fine, it a voter supports Sanders that is fine as well, but to support the two antithetical candidates is not only illogical it is pure political lunacy.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:05 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
That is the most schizophrenic political position of the century and one that is simply incomprehensible to me. If a voter supports Trump, fine, it a voter supports Sanders that is fine as well, but to support the two antithetical candidates is not only illogical it is pure political lunacy.
Okay Thanks for your opinion.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:06 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't mind either trump or sanders being the president, although I don't think either one of them is perfect.

I have changed my party affiliation to Democratic party, so I can vote for Sanders.

In general election, depends on the situation. If it is Trump vs Sanders, I'd flip a coin

If it is Trump vs clinton, then I will vote for Trump

if it is Cruz vs Clinton, I'd go with third party

If it is Cruz vs Sanders, I'd go with Sanders
Agreed. Anybody BUT Hillary.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
A LOT of us Bush and Clinton "haters" DO like BOTH Trump and Sanders.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Anybody BUT Hillary.
Exactly.

Here is an article that explains why some people support both Sanders and Trump.

“Trump is an obnoxious vulgar blowhard who says foolish things. However, unlike Clinton – but like Sanders – at least he is an outsider who understands that the government and the economy are broken.”

a 34-year-old male IT technician, put it: “Bernie and Trump agree a lot on healthcare, Iraq war, campaign finance and trade. I really want to move on to something new, new ideas from outside the box. Maybe Donald Trump can provide that.”

A male medical emergency technician, 36, from Chicago, said he had watched the devastation wrought on areas of the city by job losses that in his view had been caused by free trade. “Donald Trump is the only candidate besides Bernie Sanders who cares about curtailing Free Trade. This is my only reason for supporting him if he makes if to November and Clinton is the Democratic nominee.”

The Bernie Sanders voters who would choose Trump over Clinton | US news | The Guardian

Old 04-09-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
A LOT of us Bush and Clinton "haters" DO like BOTH Trump and Sanders.
agreed

Trump is not a conservative, Sanders is not necessarily a Democrat, the best from both world.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Anyone who is thinking about voting for Hil better understand that Bill showed how he and Hil both really feel about BLM. Anything else is pure cover. Neither cares for, nor respects the various sliced and diced, pandered to special interest groups. They are just a different target audience from which to harvest votes

Old 04-09-2016, 12:42 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,980,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Just winning them wouldn't be enough; he's so far behind Clinton that he would have to win them all by large margins in order to secure the nomination.
I've asserted only that Hillary won't meet the delegate count threshold by convention time. Even including her outsized Democratic People's delegates that were allocated to her by the proletariat.

When that doesn't happen, internecine DNC convention intrigue isn't exactly avoidable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections