Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:42 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,351,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She wasn't under investigation for Watergate. But apparently she did get fired from her job as lawyer for trying to impede it.
nope, just one more false smear against her.

FALSE: Jerry Zeifman Fired Hillary Clinton from the Watergate Investigation : snopes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 08:46 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,130,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The public will not tolerate a president who will be under indictment on Day 1. The Clintons and their decades of crimes need to be flushed from public once and for all. Hillary won't have time to do anything except testify in court.
Ah, yes, the oh-so-familiar Conservative wet dream. They've been having this particular one for a quarter of a century now...

Old 04-20-2016, 08:48 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,250,877 times
Obama and his DOJ are slow walking this investigation to make sure there is no indictment before she gets the nomination.

After the nomination a vague statement will be put out about 'insufficient evidence', blah, blah, blah and the whole thing will be swept under the rug.

Sad but likely.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:53 AM

38,857 posts, read 25,655,555 times
Default If Clinton is indicted by FBI, will the super delegates switch to Bernie even if Bernie has less pledged delegates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Link to an article:

Yes, Bernie Sanders Will Become President. Hillary Clinton's FBI Investigation Isn't a 'Nothingburger'

I predict CA will give Bernie a boost. But if he still ends up less pledged delegates, and if Clinton is indicted by the FBI, what's likely to happen at DNC convention? And what if she's indicted after the convention?

ooh!

ooh!

I have a better one!

What if it's revealed on Halloween that Hillary is a witch and Trump is a vampire? Only a week before the election!

Then what?

Old 04-20-2016, 08:57 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,351,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
ooh!

ooh!

I have a better one!

What if it's revealed on Halloween that Hillary is a witch and Trump is a vampire? Only a week before the election!

Then what?

given HA Goodman's track record, there's probably a higher probability of this happening

Old 04-20-2016, 09:19 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,990,055 times
Goodman and Abramsom make a good pair at Huffington. They are absolutely clueless in what they write about.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:00 AM

29,250 posts, read 22,538,979 times
Your 'if' is nothing but a distant wish. There will be no indictment, period.
If there was something that was good enough to send and indictment down, Gowdy would have, many months ago. He bet his career on finding something, and came up empty handed.

You will grow old and toothless before the Gowdy committee will ever even meet again in session.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:30 PM

4,924 posts, read 3,388,349 times
The Democratic Party will never allow Sanders to get the nomination...

Those super delegates will likely switch over to Joe Biden if Hillary gets indicted over the email scandal.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:57 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,363,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Bizarre people in this thread can't even discuss this very real possibility.
I don't know how real or unreal the possibility is but I suspect that the idea has crossed the mines of many in the circles of the Democratic leadership and I would be absolutely shocked if contingency plans haven't come up in conversation.

If an indictment against Hillary were to be handed down, it would all depend on the timing. Frankly the sooner the better for everyone concerned, the FBI, the Justice Department, Hillary and the public. If it were to happen before the convention and Hillary were to withdraw she could either support Sanders or she could throw her support to some yet to be named alternative.

Quote:
HRC is under an active investigation by the FBI. If there was truly nothing to see, this investigation would have been closed. Having an open investigation by the FBI on the leading presidential candidate is a decision that I am sure was not taken lightly. That this is prolonging for so long, and so deep into a tightly contested democratic primary may be very telling.
Perhaps or perhaps not. I would, and have argued that if there was a strong belief by some pretty informed attorneys in the White House, the Congress, and elsewhere that if there was a realistic expectation of charges being filed the pressure on Hillary to withdraw would have been pretty strong and other Democratic possibilities would have smelled blood in the water and jumped into the race long ago.

But I'm not one to make strong predictions one way or another.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:07 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,312,619 times
OP,

How many desperate straws do you have? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous! The FBI investigation won't go anywhere, she'll be the nominee, and will probably eventually go on to become POTUS, and you'll have to deal with it.

Have you considered counseling? I'm starting to worry that your desperation might be indicative of deeper issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections