Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,844,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, please! Cruz is part of the establishment. Doubt it? Take a look at where he is getting his money:

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/c...p?id=N00033085

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/i...085&cycle=2016

No one is stopping you from voting for Cruz but don't kid yourself. He is in the pockets of his mega-rich donors.
Show me where the donations from these entities have impacted his voting record or his sponsorship of any legislation benefiting said donors.

You can't. I know that you can't.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Who do you think is gonna finance Trump's campaign once he wins the nomination? the tooth fairy or the Eastern Bunny?

Trump is not self-funded. He is using donations and borrowing money he doesn't plan to pay in the first place.

Trump is just cutting the middle man. He has paid politicians for decades and he is very used to being a corrupt businessman scamming governments, lenders, investors and little people like the people who took those seminars at Trump University. Past behavior is the best predictor of future performance. All Trump will do is approve laws that benefit his millionaire friends, his children and himself.
You will never get Donald's fan club to understand that he is lying to them and leading them on with his "paying for everything myself" line of BS. OF course he is loaning himself the money to front his primary campaign. The goal all along has been to do this as a talking point. He has EVERY intention of paying himself back with donor money if he gets the nomination.

Only idiots would not realize/understand this. But I repeat myself.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:31 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,442,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Show me where the donations from these entities have impacted his voting record or his sponsorship of any legislation benefiting said donors.

You can't. I know that you can't.
Ask yourself this, why would these groups fund him if they had no reason to believe they would get something in return. It's just like Hillary supporters who say she's not owned by Wall-Street, thing deeper

Old 04-25-2016, 03:39 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,207,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
How Did Trumpism Happen?

Doesn't it fit right in with a nation where many believe the daily activities of the Kardashians are relevant?
Bingo!

Old 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
He does not "sleep with GS" and you have no proof of that. His wife works at GS, but that has absolutely nothing to do with his voting record or bills sponsored. Show me proof that he "sleeps with GS" and don't point to his wife just because she is an employee there.
She is more than just an employee there. And anyone married knows she most certainly will have a lot of influence. She got the job in the most sleaziest manner at that.

Quote:
Also prove where Cruz is a huge supporter of "the wars."
CRUZ: When it comes to ISIS, we've got to have a focused objective. We need overwhelming air power, we need to arm the Kurds. We have Kurds in Iraq and Syria. They are fighting ISIS right now. They are winning victories right now. The Obama administration refuses to arm the Kurds. We ought to be arming them and letting them fight.

Today, many of us picked up our newspapers, and we were horrified to see the sight of 10 American sailors on their knees, with their hands on their heads. If I am elected president, no service man or service woman will be forced to be on their knees, and any nation that captures our fighting men will feel the full force and fury of the United States of America.

(Note, those servicemen were in Iranian waters and Iran did nothing we would not have done in a similar instance).

CRUZ: When I asked that to General Dempsey, the chairman of the joint chiefs, he said there is no military solution. We need to change the conditions on the ground so that young men are not in poverty and susceptible to radicalization. That, with all due respect, is nonsense. It's the same answer the State Department gave that we need to give them jobs. What we need is a commander in chief that makes clear, if you join ISIS, if you wage jihad on America, then you are signing your death warrant. I introduced the Expatriate Terrorist Act that said if any American travels to the Middle East and joins ISIS, that he or she forfeits their citizenship so they don't use a passport to come back and wage jihad on Americans.

He is a friggen moron here. No "act" can remove a persons Constitutional right. Like Bush and Obama, screw the Constitution.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Ask yourself this, why would these groups fund him if they had no reason to believe they would get something in return. It's just like Hillary supporters who say she's not owned by Wall-Street, thing deeper
Why are you asking me a question, when I have stated clearly that regardless of your misguided and WRONG perceived notions, Cruz has done nothing during his career as a senator that shows that he has done favors for, enacted legislation on behalf of, or voted in favor of legislation that benefits (directly or indirectly) any of his donors.

I have challenged you to prove the basis of your claim, and you obviously cannot, so you just keep asking the same question over and over again. You have the answer. Prove that the donors have benefited, and if you can't then you are wrong and have proven that Cruz CANNOT be bought off. But you are obviously too afraid to find out the truth, or to married to your lies to face the reality that they are indeed lies.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She is more than just an employee there. And anyone married knows she most certainly will have a lot of influence. She got the job in the most sleaziest manner at that.
Don't just make an innuendo, share the proof you have of this statement. Otherwise, it is nothing more than a National Enquirer headline right out of Donald's sleazy playbook.

Quote:
CRUZ: When it comes to ISIS, we've got to have a focused objective. We need overwhelming air power, we need to arm the Kurds. We have Kurds in Iraq and Syria. They are fighting ISIS right now. They are winning victories right now. The Obama administration refuses to arm the Kurds. We ought to be arming them and letting them fight.

Today, many of us picked up our newspapers, and we were horrified to see the sight of 10 American sailors on their knees, with their hands on their heads. If I am elected president, no service man or service woman will be forced to be on their knees, and any nation that captures our fighting men will feel the full force and fury of the United States of America.

(Note, those servicemen were in Iranian waters and Iran did nothing we would not have done in a similar instance).

CRUZ: When I asked that to General Dempsey, the chairman of the joint chiefs, he said there is no military solution. We need to change the conditions on the ground so that young men are not in poverty and susceptible to radicalization. That, with all due respect, is nonsense. It's the same answer the State Department gave that we need to give them jobs. What we need is a commander in chief that makes clear, if you join ISIS, if you wage jihad on America, then you are signing your death warrant. I introduced the Expatriate Terrorist Act that said if any American travels to the Middle East and joins ISIS, that he or she forfeits their citizenship so they don't use a passport to come back and wage jihad on Americans.

He is a friggen moron here. No "act" can remove a persons Constitutional right. Like Bush and Obama, screw the Constitution.
Again, Cruz is clearly stating that America has every right to protect itself from a terrorist threat, and to act decisively. Had we done so during Desert Storm, likely none of the follow up would be happening now. You support a candidate who seeks to use nuclear weapons on ISIS and kill their families. You statements regarding Cruz seem quite hypocritical in light of Donald's willingness to go nuclear on ISIS. inter alios.

two things:

One, you need to look up the definition of moron.

Two,

Treason - (Art 3, Sec. 3) US Constitution: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. ....The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason,....

Historically, the penalty for Treason has included death and deportation.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Why are you asking me a question, when I have stated clearly that regardless of your misguided and WRONG perceived notions, Cruz has done nothing during his career as a senator that shows that he has done favors for, enacted legislation on behalf of, or voted in favor of legislation that benefits (directly or indirectly) any of his donors.

I have challenged you to prove the basis of your claim, and you obviously cannot, so you just keep asking the same question over and over again. You have the answer. Prove that the donors have benefited, and if you can't then you are wrong and have proven that Cruz CANNOT be bought off. But you are obviously too afraid to find out the truth, or to married to your lies to face the reality that they are indeed lies.
One could point to the large loan he took out with Goldman Sachs and first lied about and then claimed it was a simple mistake. No one forgets that they take out a loan of the size Cruz took out.

Ted Cruz

While Dodd/Frank was less than perfect (quite a bit less than perfect) it had one very important piece to it. The Volcker rule. The Volcker rule bans the banks from betting with FDIC insured money. Ted has tried to overturn that or has said many times that he would.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Don't just make an innuendo, share the proof you have of this statement. Otherwise, it is nothing more than a National Enquirer headline right out of Donald's sleazy playbook.
I didn't think it was an innuendo. She only got the job because of her previous government job. That is something we all should demand be stopped.

Quote:
Again, Cruz is clearly stating that America has every right to protect itself from a terrorist threat, and to act decisively. Had we done so during Desert Storm, likely none of the follow up would be happening now. You support a candidate who seeks to use nuclear weapons on ISIS and kill their families. You statements regarding Cruz seem quite hypocritical in light of Donald's willingness to go nuclear on ISIS. inter alios.
I've stated many times that I am not voting for Trump.

Quote:
two things:

One, you need to look up the definition of moron.

Two,

Treason - (Art 3, Sec. 3) US Constitution: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. ....The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason,....

Historically, the penalty for Treason has included death and deportation.
A person can be convicted of treason. Key word there is convicted. We do not remove the right of due process through acts of Congress.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
One could point to the large loan he took out with Goldman Sachs and first lied about and then claimed it was a simple mistake. No one forgets that they take out a loan of the size Cruz took out.

Ted Cruz

While Dodd/Frank was less than perfect (quite a bit less than perfect) it had one very important piece to it. The Volcker rule. The Volcker rule bans the banks from betting with FDIC insured money. Ted has tried to overturn that or has said many times that he would.

No one forgot. The information was filed with the FEC and available for public review.

The 2011 report is here http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00033085_2011_nom.pdf

The 2012 report is filed here http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00033085_2012.pdf

A statement that "Cruz tried" or "Cruz said" is not PROOF. Where is the evidence? Where is the link to where "Cruz said" or the link to legislation where "Cruz tried."

It really seems like you believe every talking point you hear if it fits your agenda without the simplest effort to do research to find out if that talking point is true or not.

Don't you even care whether the claims you make are true or not. It really diminishes your credibility!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections