Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 09:53 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Trump exists because a large segment of the electorate is mind bogglingly stupid. Trump knows this and exploits it. He doesn't overestimate them like all of the other candidates do. Fortunately, most of these voters are concentrated in the GOP. Trump may be able to get the numbers to win the nomination, but he'll get slaughtered in the general election.

Sheesh,

I have never seen more people move the line. Are you people that bad in real life? Every time a person succeeds, all we have to do is erase the line and move it further back. "People are stupid and he may win but won't make the GE".

He wins the GE and the line will be moved by you saying that he won't make the inauguration because he will have a 2 fatties in his chest before he raises is right arm..

Sore losers without any sort of reasonable argument if I have ever seen any. No dinner for you tonight!

Old 04-27-2016, 10:51 AM

35,102 posts, read 31,350,535 times
People are fed up out there. I'm a Republican, but have voted Democrat in the past for Obama, Kerry, and at the local level. I voted Republican back home in TN for them to jumpstart the economy, repeal Obamacare, and most critically, bring in jobs. Calling my local representation ineffectual is being extremely diplomatic.

Politicians have been ineffectual at best, lying and scandalous at worst. They absolutely do not care for the common person in this country, and are there only to enrich and entrench themselves, often fleecing the common person as they go along.

Common people are not listened to by the elected politicians or the elite ruling classes.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
People are fed up out there. I'm a Republican, but have voted Democrat in the past for Obama, Kerry, and at the local level. I voted Republican back home in TN for them to jumpstart the economy, repeal Obamacare, and most critically, bring in jobs. Calling my local representation ineffectual is being extremely diplomatic.

Politicians have been ineffectual at best, lying and scandalous at worst. They absolutely do not care for the common person in this country, and are there only to enrich and entrench themselves, often fleecing the common person as they go along.

Common people are not listened to by the elected politicians or the elite ruling classes.
And yet they expect a rich person to share their views?

Old 04-27-2016, 12:58 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If they want members they do. They can play their games but as we are seeing, people are not going to support them.

Or throw them out.
All true. But the fact remains that the Republican Party doesn't have to listen to it's voters. It's up to them to decide how that will impact them in elections.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And yet they expect a rich person to share their views?
Who knows if he actually does. He's the only one at least talking about what people are thinking.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:31 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,905,309 times
Quote:
Who knows if he actually does. He's the only one at least talking about what people are thinking.
So I guess Trump is at least as qualified to be President as that guy you can find in any bar in the country who's had one too many beers and is barking his opinion as if anyone wanted to hear it as the 11 O'clock news plays in the background...

That's reassuring.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So I guess Trump is at least as qualified to be President as that guy you can find in any bar in the country who's had one too many beers and is barking his opinion as if anyone wanted to hear it as the 11 O'clock news plays in the background...

That's reassuring.
Trump has been the head of a global brand, a significant real estate player, and a well known public figure for decades. He's far from the bar drunk hollering out.

Old 04-27-2016, 04:39 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Trump has been the head of a global brand, a significant real estate player, and a well known public figure for decades. He's far from the bar drunk hollering out.
You said a key word, GLOBAL. A good number of Trump supporters on here claim that Congress is over run by globalists (those who believe in globalizartion).) Well what do you call Trump when he's hired H1-B visa workers, had deals with cheap Chinese labor for high end retail lines and hired companies who hired immigrants to work on his property... They also trust a guy who has admitted to being a donor in the past to not beholden to special interests and be for the working class, yet his tax policy is clearly for the rich. I find the same response whippersnapper gives "oh he'll be different in office, he's just playing the game." Well I've been lied to by too many politicans to not trust anyone, especially a failed business owner (outside of real estate) like Trump. Sorry but I see the forest from the trees and am not blind behind "Dey took hour jerbs" rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections