Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 03:54 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It could be, but never is. This is due to the hypocritical double standards applied to Trump, insults tossed at his supporters, and complete derangement over Trump's every move, used to justify said "opinion".

It's easy enough to say.. "I don't like Trump" and move on. Let us know when this actually happens.
So we can't point out why we don't like Trump without it being hypocritical?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Easy answer....

Trump as a businessman has been forced to play this game because crooked politicians have rigged the system where they pick the winners & losers based on the payola.
And so to have a lot of politicians been forced to play this game to get ahead, who otherwise might not. You've got to have donors and money to get anywhere in politics. Might not be right, but that's just the way it is. You don't get to excuse Trump for accepting the reality and playing the game, and not excuse other politicians who are forced to play the game to get ahead.
Quote:
Trump seeks to end it. It's as simple as that. Most others, are quite happy to play that game because they would have never gotten to where they are without out. (See Banking/Wall Street legislation)
That's exactly right. They had to play the game, because they couldn't have succeeded otherwise. You excuse Trump for recognizing this reality and playing along with it as a business man, but don't excuse other politicians for doing the same. That makes no sense. That's what's hypocritical.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nor did I say they were.
Yet you accuse them of not wanting to rain on the insiders picnic. If they are not insiders themselves, or don't benefit from it in some way, then why would we care if the picnic gets rained on?
Quote:
A lot of people don't but when people back a candidate that is for everything they claim to be against otherwise it's something different. When you find people defending the idea of picking our representative based upon back room dealings it's something different.
There's no "backroom dealings".... Our country is built on representative Democracy. We elect delegates, not candidates. These delegates go to a convention and pick a representative. If the voters mandate is strong enough, that candidate will be the representative. If not, then the delegates we elected will go to the convention and pick a candidate. There's nothing nefarious about that.
Quote:
I've said I can't vote for Trump because of his positions. I'm not about to defend the crap the parties are pulling though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This also........I find it so odd that one will argue that the candidate with the most votes, even if not a majority should be dismissed for a candidate that has even less.
See, that's where you're getting it wrong, that's not the argument we're making. We're arguing that a candidate should have an absolute majority of the delegates backing them. That's it. It may be that the delegates go ahead and pick the candidate with the most votes, or maybe not, but that will be their decision to make. We don't send delegates to a convention to be potted plants.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 04-26-2016 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 04:14 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
He leads with the Hitler comparison and never says anything new or different and doesn't even say the BS with new and better prose. He is so far out of touch with what is happening today he might as well be on the moon. Just another lunatic wanting attention.

It's not about Trump and never has been. Both parties have been leading us down the road of globalist ruin. The open border one world government where fantasy becomes reality and those in power rule in a kind and humanitarian way that will be best for all. Never has anyone ever ruled in that way and put the good of those ruled above there own interest and power. It will be backed by force and there will be nowhere you can go to escape it.
If you truly believe Trump is anything but a globalist, you deserve to be letdown by him if he were to ever get voted onto office. Based on his track record with businesses, I don't see him being anti H1-B or illegal labor. If he was so against this, his company wouldn't hire them or outsource with companies who did. Many also want money out of politics but Trump is one of the richest men in America (partly based on daddy Trump.) You're taking about asking a tiger to change its stripes, a cheatah losing its spots or a snake no longer biting you. Sorry but I see Trump for what he really is, an abrasive cry-baby flip-flopper.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:26 PM

22,482 posts, read 12,022,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If you truly believe Trump is anything but a globalist, you deserve to be letdown by him if he were to ever get voted onto office. Based on his track record with businesses, I don't see him being anti H1-B or illegal labor. If he was so against this, his company wouldn't hire them or outsource with companies who did. Many also want money out of politics but Trump is one of the richest men in America (partly based on daddy Trump.) You're taking about asking a tiger to change its stripes, a cheatah losing its spots or a snake no longer biting you. Sorry but I see Trump for what he really is, an abrasive cry-baby flip-flopper.
And you believe that Bernie is going to do everything he said he's going to do?

You're young. As a result, you don't know how things used to be before politicians on both sides of the aisle were owned by their corporate donors. First, it was the republicans who were in their pockets, then, sadly, the democrats followed suit. That's a shame because at one time, one could count on democrats to stand up for the poor, working and middle classes. Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much more from the democrats.

Should Bernie get elected, he has already said that one of the first things he is going to do is amnesty all the illegals (even the worst of the worst) via an EO. He says this at the same time he says he is going to create jobs. At best, he is being insincere, at worst he is lying through his teeth. What good will it be to create jobs when at the same time, amnestying millions of illegals?

Old 04-26-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Trump supporters will excuse this by reasoning that Trump is just another victim of the "corrupt system" who was forced to play along to get ahead. He's just another victim like all the rest of us, they'll argue.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:37 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,924,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
And you believe that Bernie is going to do everything he said he's going to do?

You're young. As a result, you don't know how things used to be before politicians on both sides of the aisle were owned by their corporate donors. First, it was the republicans who were in their pockets, then, sadly, the democrats followed suit. That's a shame because at one time, one could count on democrats to stand up for the poor, working and middle classes. Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans. Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much more from the democrats.

Should Bernie get elected, he has already said that one of the first things he is going to do is amnesty all the illegals (even the worst of the worst) via an EO. He says this at the same time he says he is going to create jobs. At best, he is being insincere, at worst he is lying through his teeth. What good will it be to create jobs when at the same time, amnestying millions of illegals?
I like Bernie because he is for the middle class and not the donnor class. I am pretty close with my parents and family friends of their's, they would gladly vote Sanders over Trump. So whatever ad hom you did about me being young is a moot point. They see the same issues with Trump as I do. I know it's hard but when Trump lets you down and flip-flops on his vote campaign promises, I'll gladly laugh and say I told you so because I have said this till I am blue in the face. I don't care if you reply to this post or not, I'm done with talking with Trump's Mexican wall.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:31 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yet you accuse them of not wanting to rain on the insiders picnic. If they are not insiders themselves, or don't benefit from it in some way, then why would we care if the picnic gets rained on?
See next reply.

Quote:
There's no "backroom dealings".... Our country is built on representative Democracy. We elect delegates, not candidates. These delegates go to a convention and pick a representative. If the voters mandate is strong enough, that candidate will be the representative. If not, then the delegates we elected will go to the convention and pick a candidate. There's nothing nefarious about that.
The complaint is there is no election. Like in Colorado, there was no election. The people of Colorado are not represented that way. Hence my above position. It's O.K. with you since the insiders have deemed it to be, even though it isn't.

Quote:
See, that's where you're getting it wrong, that's not the argument we're making. We're arguing that a candidate should have an absolute majority of the delegates backing them. That's it. It may be that the delegates go ahead and pick the candidate with the most votes, or maybe not, but that will be their decision to make. We don't send delegates to a convention to be potted plants.
They should be sent to represent the will of the people that sent them there......outside of places like Colorado. No, they should not be sent to represent just the will of party insiders.

Old 04-26-2016, 05:33 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Is that your pants I see on fire? Why yes it is. He never said that.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,760,607 times
Default We are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore!!!

And that my friends explains the Trump phenomenon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections