Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2016, 11:34 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,436,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm saying Trump should have reported the AG's that were shaking him down, like he did with the New York AG.
besides just making the claim did trump ( or any representative ) actually file any report with any official agency against the NY AG?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 11:48 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
besides just making the claim did trump ( or any representative ) actually file any report with any official agency against the NY AG?
Yes, it has been discussed multiple times on here.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Yes,....
link?

Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,547,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
glad the focus on Bondi is back - we brought it up here in the CDF during the primary and were scoffed at....I'd like to know how many Atty Generals in the country he paid off to look the other way in Trump U complaints.

Good point! That may be why so few of the states chose to join the case against Trump.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Yes,....
ok, i was able to find a mention of trump filing a complaint with the new york ethics agency over schneiderman soliciting donations from ivanka and her husband, jared kushner. the complaint has been dismissed.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
here's a current AP article on the topic

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-see...-election.html

i found this interesting:

"Bondi has said the timing of Trump's $25,000 donation was coincidental and said she wasn't personally aware of the numerous consumer complaints her office had received about the Trump-owned Trump University and the Trump Institute,..."

i think if any evidence surfaces that bondi did have knowledge of the "numerous consumer complaints" this will escalate into an investigation.

Well then if she really had no knowledge of the numerous complaints against Trump, she apparently also had no knowledge that her office had officially announced they were looking into complaints about Trump University,just before she received the donation money. I find that unlikely.

Here is a quote from Scott Maxwell from this article, he is the reporter from the Orlando Sentinel who has been following this story for years .
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...stigation.html

“One day, Bondi’s office told this newspaper it was reviewing complaints from Floridians who said they felt swindled by the Trump Institute affiliate of Trump University. Four days later, Trump’s foundation cut a $25,000 check to Bondi’s campaign committee. Then, after the check came in, her office decided not to take any action against Trump.”

Old 09-09-2016, 12:55 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,093,690 times
Quote:
ok, i was able to find a mention of trump filing a complaint with the new york ethics agency over schneiderman soliciting donations from ivanka and her husband, jared kushner. the complaint has been dismissed.
Yes, I have stated that several times in this thread, you could have saved yourself the trouble of looking it up by looking just a few posts back.

The government investigated itself, and found that it did nothing wrong.

The details of the complaint, and findings are not being released to the public, which is why I said Trump should release what he turned over to the probe. He may be holding onto that for the lawsuit.

Like I've said, if Trump made a mistake, it was in not reporting the other AG's for shaking him down.

Old 09-09-2016, 12:59 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The Donald J. Trump Foundation made a $25,000 illegal donation to a political campaign. Trump didn't even bother to get the money from his own pocket, he is using his charity to buy politicians and avoid prosecution. Trump calls it " a clerical error"

Trump Accused of Illegally Bribing State Attorney General - NationofChange | Progressive Change Through Positive Action

Trump camp says $25,000 charity contribution to Florida AG was a mistake
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...dca_story.html

Trump Aides Say Donation Backing Pam Bondi Was Mistake: Washington Post - Bloomberg Politics
25 grand worth.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I think I missed your post were you were calling for a public corruption investigation against Hillary, and the Clinton Foundation, because you surely have made such calls because there is literally a 1000 times more evidence of wrongdoing by the Clintons.

Can you provide a link to your post where you call for a public corruption investigation against Hillary, and the Clinton Foundation?

Great now we are arguing over which presidential candidate is more crooked then the other ? Makes me proud to be an American (not) . I wanted Bernie Sanders to win but I guess an honest man does not stand a chance anymore. I take some small comfort in the fact that at least we will probably have the first female president and this has been the first female candidate to run for president of the Democratic party. That is at least small consolation, as a female I have waited a long time to see this happen. But I have to say this whole corruption thing on both sides is a disappointment to me.

Old 09-09-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Like I've said, if Trump made a mistake, it was in not reporting the other AG's for shaking him down.
so you still believe pam bondi was a shake-down even with all the support trump has given her after the fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections